Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Ive only got ADSL+ 7.1 down, 1.2 up at modem, whereas ps3 reads as 6.9down & 0.950 up
    So whilst its a good connection to play i dont think its good enought to host a big field.
    Naacs
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'm almost the same as Naacs.plus I'm not sure on the kiwi/aus connection as most of you are on the other side of the small bit of water called the Tasman sea.
    SPL Racing and S_CLOSE like this.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'll call my father right now and see if I can get the Ethernet cable back. I've been running 35Mb download for years. =) I'd be happy to do it if I can get a deal with my father.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  4. WAC

PSN ID
    What does he drink?...we will have a quick whip around and the collect some funds..
    Crunch likes this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm in a rural area so not the best internet for hosting either.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mine it's not good for hosting, kicks me out within the first lap every time when I host a race :thumbsdown:
  7. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    im not too bad but other people have trouble seeing each other
  8. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I have fibre to home 100mbps connection with 50mbps uplink. I just have no experience in hosting really :-/
  9. WAC

PSN ID
    Well that my friend is great news! :)
    We can all help get the room sorted...meet and greet is coming up so we can test it out.
    Crunch likes this.
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Done.

I can be backup host is desired. I've got a deal to use the Ethernet cable every Sunday exclusively, so I can do that well.
    WAC and SPL Racing like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Oblisc if we can test you room to host that would be great mate..am sure the guys will run through with you to get set up so should be all good. Will have Pykee and back up 1 nad Crunch as back up 2......
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, PLEASE take 2 mins to read the following info so we can try to have a hassle free season.

your entry list is now confirmed, as seen in your division thread.

Meet and greet is this week with Oblisc or Pykee as the host.
    THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ !
    1. Make sure you have all the guys on your friend list from your division. Failure to do so can result in room instability, if you are not on everyone's list the room host and captain will have more scope to start the race without you.
    2. PLEASE be on time. Races are scheduled to start at APPROX 8:10 Sydney time, so try to be in the room by 8pm. If you cant make it, or a running a few minutes late let the room captains know and they will make a call on weather to wait or not. All REASONABLE efforts will be made to accommodate everyone

DRIVING STANDARDS
    This is the most important aspect of our league and community. To the new guys, rough, dirty driving WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and race penalties or sanctions WILL BE applied. A comprehensive list of rules and regs are listed here :
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

In short
    1. We want you to "race", we dont want you to divebomb to make a pass ! If a driver has the corner they are entitled to take their line. It is up to you to make a clean pass, and avoid contact. If you hit another driver where it knocks them off line or off track you must give the spot back. Failure to do so will result in a review and possible penalty. (drive through or exclusion from results)
    2. Track limits. All drivers must keep 2 wheels on AT LEAST the ripple strips. The ripple strips are the track limits and gaining an obvious advantage by going outside the track limits will result in penalty. (drive through or exclusion)

PROTEST PROCEDURE
    If you feel there has been an incident that needs reviewing please follow the procedure in the link below
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Accidents do happen, its part of racing, however thats not a green light to race rough, or take advantage of pushing the limits. Watch your replay, PM the room captain and a mod for us to look at it. DO NOT BLOW UP ON THE FORUM OR PENALTIES WILL APPLY.

FINALLY
    We have these rules and regs so we can try to provide the best racing environment for all our drivers. We are not the fun police, but ROOZ takes great pride in what we have built, our sponsors and our record. We want to maintain it, and hopefully see it grow further. I hope all our drivers can respect that, and respect our fellow racers.

Cheers stu, for the mod team.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Tough crowd, it's going to be very hard to be in the front again... so much fun if the numbers hold :)
    t_b_williams and Funz like this.
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Looking forward to tomorrow!

Very pleased that pit lane is closed during qualifying. Can tell from the tracks and tyres that this season will be one of the most strategic since I've been here at ROOZ. I very much approve of this! Super pumped!
    WAC and SPL Racing like this.
  15. WAC

PSN ID
    Have been given some sort of flue virus from my daughter....will be online tonight to test the connection between us all
    But I feel my brain shall not be attending.
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    Sorry can barely breath. ..im done
  17. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I think WTF should stay in div 3, he is still really quick after a race with him earlier
  18. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not good mate, get plenty of rest
  19. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    Who is hosting tonight?
    Crunch likes this.
  20. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I second this. I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: Everyone seems to be hanging out in a multi-div practice lobby. Where's the Div3 guys? Gotta test connections, have a good chat and some quality times.
    TasTim2 likes this.