Division 2 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Hey guys, my apologies for having to bail but I had to leave for work and after being tapped into a spin at T1 and then making a mistake as I caught back to the pack copping a rev for being late just wasn't worth it believe me.

* Please note my fastest lap shouldn't stand as I changed for a second set of softs, something I realised after I did it that it was against the rules. It was pure frustration that I wanted to salvage something from the round!!! My apologies.

This season is a nightmare!!!!

I have to agree with groover, the start time is the start time, however I understand the problems PD throw up and we all just have to cop it sweet from time to time.

Can I suggest that for the next round those on Softs exit for qualy first followed by those choosing to start on hards. With such a difference in lap speed that will avoid or somewhat lessen the chances of people getting held up by those running different strat.
    groover33 and Blindman like this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Good idea Aussie, got held up a little bit in qual too, don't think it changed my position much, but it did waste my softs and only gave me one crack at a fast lap instead of two, not overly worried though
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes qualified down the back as usual on hards just tried to conserve the hards and follow a few guys to get a rythum going made a couple of passes and got a gap running by myself for most of the race pitted on lap 11 for softs still by myself and started to close in on the front runners by lap 20 I was onto the back of cob and he was slow through the corners with his tyres shagged so it was just a matter of wait for him to run wide on turn 5 the only problem was that I ran wider and of the track and just couldn't real him in to the flag .
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry mate, results are under review.

I'll post provision results, but will need Stu's confirmation.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oh OK, did not know that.
  8. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys, will get to this as soon as I can. Smashed at work again so will get to it as soon as I can.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Cyberstig1

Thanks for that mate...i will respond here only so it doesnt clog up the other threads with the same info and your questions are answered as best i can.....Before answering, i have to point out that the lounge settings HAVE changed in the 4 years we have been running the leagues (with regular room hosts and captains) , and for one reason or another they haven't been updated (in the lounge settings thread) on the run as we have sometimes had to do........there was one case where we had to change the regs twice in a week after PD changed the tire wear rates with 2 updates.....anyway, to answer your questions....

"Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that."
    In short, Yes the "high quality race room" could be causing issues. In MY experience the host should have that setting on the recommended, which from memory, shows up when setting the room. There are a range of theories however about trying to get maximum bandwidth for the room, the more bandwidth the less chance of issues. VOICE CHAT is linked with that same theory as well and there are a lot of Planet GT racers who think that having the voice on, but players turning OFF their mics increases bandwidth, but maintains stability. We do this in the div 2 room with either me or SA4VED hosting.

"Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions."
    We have discussed this many times as a mod team (and community) and after realizing we have the same issues regardless of room size we decided to load the rooms up. WHY,.....the history is this.....at the end of our GT5 leagues we were down to 3 or 4 rooms of 8 - 12 drivers. Inevitably we had drop outs, DSC'S, no shows, so the rooms were sometimes down to races of 6-8 drivers and that's not exactly what we want. In reality, it doesn't give "racing" when the bulk of cars are spread over the track and everyone is hot lapping on their own. When the GT6 leagues started, we had the same issues and agreed that in building up the rooms to capacity, if we used the knowledge of dek and naacs (and others), we could hopefully fix MOST of the issues, and hopefully keep the rooms relatively full for the "racing" we want. We all except that the PD network is ordinary, and it seems to target different drivers at different times, for no apparent reason......

We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    This should have no bearing on the room stability as far as i know.....certainly nothing has been mentioned in anything i have read anywhere (here or GT Planet) that groups or leagues that dump a lot of drivers onto the one track causes extra issues....I will do a bit of fishing and see if i can get an answer to that....

To finish up cyber, we cant win..Small rooms, big rooms, a combination of the :poop: PD servers , our :poop: internet in OZ and basic issues with compatibility between drivers all combine to create issues for a few of us. The frustration can be overwhelming at some stage, but when it all comes together and works its bloody brilliant.If you have a decent router / modem / connection there is no reason why you "should" have issues, if you havent already, see if one of the boffins in dek or naacs can get it sorted for you......

@DekGT5mad, @NAACS
    If you guys want to add to this more than welcome.....

Cheers stu

Ad2mny, Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Thanks Stu for taking the time to respond to my rant, and to all the other members that have also responded. Greatly appreciated - would like to hear from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad on their observations. Dek has gone out of his way and put considerable time into helping me with net issues. I have to do more work to follow that up and appreciate his input. One area that may resolve some issues is the Room Reset. I understand now why it is done - however it is the one thing that appears to cause serious stability issues. If rooms were set to Prac/Qual/Race would that negate the need to do a full reset?? If a member is disconnected and can not get back in b4 Qual starts - it is the same as not being able to get back in b4 the race starts, and it may help resolve the disconnects in the first place??? Again thanks all.
    Cybs.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No Worries mate, all good....

"If rooms were set to Prac/Qual/Race would that negate the need to do a full reset??"
    The issue here is that if drivers get disconnected they cant return to the room once qual has started.....As we do now, get disconnected during the 10 min qual session in "prac" mode, they can rejoin and make the race....Just trying to accommodate everyone which is pretty hard to do !
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    At the risk of opening a can of worms and being shot down, Mint and I discovered during GTP ES practice that the quality of the room can (not will, but can) sometimes impact on the track quality in terms of grip. This can account for why some drivers can be setting consistent times in one lobby then be up to 1.5 seconds slower in another. We pretty much confirmed this in the actual B12hr race where myself, Beau and Mint couldn't get near the times set in practice race stints with just the 3 of us.* Another factor is the quality of your internet connection and proximity to the lobby host in some cases. It's a very complex system and above is just another theory on a diabolical mess of a network.

*That is, despite markings used to indicate speed being very similar to practice, such as corner exits and braking markers.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and Cyberstig1 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thats right 64......is such a large range of issues that trying to fix one issue throws up something else further down the line....

We try our best to work around them in the best interest of the majority, sometimes it just wont work for everyone.
    SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    CAGM on pole.

Lap times:
    [​IMG]

Provisional results:
    [​IMG]
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I assume:
    11th aussie
    12th sirpoop
    13th groover
    ?
    and 14th for BMW since he couldn't get in the room
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will try to get to it tonight guys.....missus at a meeting so have to get the rug rats organized first...
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes that's correct.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Ok results are as stands above.

Ive a bitter sweet taste from the race at Spa. Was slow in qualifying only doing a 14.1 lap, but it was good enough for 3rd spot of the grid. Had a reasonable start, but being cautious through eau rouge, as was close the the front runners I made it easy for Cob to make a move on lap3. I assisted by backing off on the straight before the braking zone, as I didn't want to lose time fighting. Was that a mistake!

I'd hoped Cob would punch out 14s as he was during practice but it wasn't the case (maybe my car filling his rear view). I kept catching at poor times and did myself no favors getting a penalties when I had a chance to make a move. But I was saving tires and fuel behind him :) Towards the end of the soft stint I got a slight tap sending me off track. Wasn't happy, but I didn't spin so was only a few seconds lost. Up till this point my tires were in the best shape of all the soft starters. However, although I was faster than guys in front, their defensive was formidable and I just not enough to make a clean move!

Went to lap 13, although probably should have stopped at 12 on the softs. Came out of the hards and was doing reasonable times consistently. Catch cob fast, and then made a nice move around the outside on Cob. CAGM gifted the lead with a spin. He basically had the win in the bag, due to all our fighting in the soft stint. At this point I saw Nat filling my rear view. I was like where'd he come from, he started on hards didn't he?!?

The next few laps were like a yo-yo. I was playing things safe, making sure I didn't get penalties and hitting my markers (even lifting a tad early to play it safe), while Nat was getting sideways out of most corners, and getting his fair share of penalties. Until on the 3rd laps lap he took the lead. However on the 2nd last lap he went 4wd in s2, which let me catch up, and then at the start of s3 went way wide off track again, letting me back into the lead.

Final lap, my tires still on 8s, Im like I can do this! But I was way slow through eau rouge giving Nat a good run. I thought it was over.. But then Nat went way deep, I thought he was going to run off track, but somehow he pulled it up. I tracked away from the apex to leave some room, but alas, we ghosted together and I went right (should have gone left!) putting me on the outside of t9. We were neck and neck with me in front by a half a car length, but Nat with the inside line. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the same amount of room as I'd provided on the inside of the turn for the exit, and I had no where to go but to make some sand castles. So in the end had to settle for 2nd.

Well done Nat for the win. I did enjoy the battling all the way till it ended. I just wish it could have continued to the chequered flag.

Grats Mr sand bag.. I mean CAGM for rounding out the podium, always someone challenging for that P1 spot. Also, nice joker pick! ;)
    Ad2mny and Blindman like this.
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    When the room needs to be reset,ALL parties need to EXIT the track,not be doing donuts,etc,etc. This willhelp massively,the same applies to the race start. Watch next time someone is spining stupidly in circles for NO reason,they'll be the one that gets dsc'd,9x out of 10