Division 2 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    What a race, I was surprised to be sitting on the front row, next to Seth and just infront of Mr sandbagger himself (CAGM).

My stint on softs went okay, I had a little battle with CAGM, but let him go as I hoped I could be better on tyres and make an attack later in the stint, however I just couldn't close the gap after it opened. I sat just a few seconds behind both CAGM and Seth. I really did want to go 11 laps on the soft like CAGM, but Id abused my tyres a little too much and so came in behind Seth.

I came out right behind Seth (I think cause I only took on 52L, so less time in pit), but didn't adjust as quickly to the hards. In fact even though the majority of my prac was on hards throughout the week, I just wasn't comfortable at all on them. I made a mistake and went side ways through chappel and the gap of 3-4 secs blew out to 8-9sec. Half a lap later I spun at the loop, and was now 20secs off.

I knew it was all over then, and just waited for the inevitable with groover/giant carving their way through the pack. Was much more fun once Stu caught me, I probably should have really slowed up on the exit of the loop to try and stop his run, which I knew was going to come, but was good fair racing. He got the move done, and blocked my wider line through brookfields. He went a little deep out of chapel, which gave me a run on him, but in hindsight I wasn't close enough to really make a proper move on stowe, but being the last lap still tried. Thank god for the ghost, I slotted in behind and just hoped for another mistake. We were both super safe through the last complex so no such luck. Well done Stu, and thanks, was a lot of fun!

Congrats to the podium, and well done guys on keeping the race clean and adhering to the track limits!

I dont mind sitting midfield in such a classy field of racers, however will always keep pushing to try and make it onto that top step ;)
    Ad2mny, Blindman, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys...couple of things....

1. I have adjusted the race distance back to 31 laps. 34 was a little long and having it at 31 means its close to 50 mins.

2. After doing a few prac races last night, this will be a bloody tough round, and the walls dont give much room if anybody ballses something up.....The kink in the front straight is tough (almost impossible actually) to get past through side by side so i am going to adopt a policy of "the car in front has the line" through there (like the chase at Bathurst). This will be a defining factor if i need to look at any protests at that part of the track. There is a much greater chance here of rear ending the car in front given brake markers are hidden due to the nature of the street circuit.....please drive with that in mind and watch for the concertina effect at turn 1 on the opening lap, dive bombing will end in tears....likewise if you bounce off a wall be careful rejoining and watch how much you defend against a closing car.

Cheers Stu
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    While your at it stu see if you can also adjust space and time to get me the three seconds a lap I need to find, we are playing gt6 it seems to bend the laws of physics so why can't we.
    SPL Racing, stucar17 and Giant slayer like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, nothing wrong with your pace last night !! Better than me at the very least !! Could be a long race. !
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with points table
    [​IMG]
  6. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    @bmwf30328i
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Might struggle to get on tonight guys. Just had the mother of all storms and my net speed has blown out to .06 download :(.

3rd time since Xmas, hopefully clears itself by race time.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Apologies for quitting but I thought I'd remove myself before it got extremely ugly. It just wasn't going to end well with me trying to force myself through the hard starters after launching myself into the air off a curb lap 2.
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well that was a monumental waste of time.
    Comeback from my lap-1 plough understeer crash was going well, caught Moozer in 4th and did my best clean overtake at T1 but still got smashed into the outside wall exiting it, not his fault, couldn't see me, just another PD burn.

Didn't matter anyway, seems fuel use is up with this update, 75Litre fill still ran out on the last lap.
    Suck my hairy white arse, Polyphony Digital's network coders.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Tell me about it...
    I don't know how I can gain and then lose 2 seconds a lap out of nowhere.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    My night was always about damage limitation, no real pace around here.

Started on the hards with the hope that the front runners would knock some pace out of each other and it would help on my soft stint. After a few laps all was looking ok till I spun trying to avoid CAGME in turn 2 when he was facing the wrong way.

I mAnaged to get back up to 6th and was having a reasonable time following COB, but I had a total brain fart with about 7 to go, missed my brake marker into T1, and had to bin it to avoid knocking him into the middle of round 3. Overall, a terrible race for me, hopefully SPA will be a little kinder.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Had a good race last night started bad by having a jump start seeing as those lights took forever to go out but got taken by 2 people and defending hard at the first corner. Afrer that got into a good pace with moozer staying not to far behind for the whole race. Started on hard hoping to attack at the end while saving fuel and taking it to easy on tyres. Made it to lap 18 easy on fuel and still having 7 and 5 still left on the front tyres. Pitted on soft and was waiting on fuel but when the fuel stopped my car sat there for about 8 to 10 sec waiting for nothing thought it froze. Came back out still saving fuel and tyres to make sure i made it to the end ok and moozer had a gap on me now so with saving my car i could now push hard at the end to catch moozer with 2 laps to go and then aim for the front guys. Giant_slayer was to far infront and there was no catching him he was to quick but was catching s54ved and seeeth but run out of laps if only i started pushing 2 laps earlier and didnt get held up in pits i would have got them but i was still happy with my 4th place after stealing it off moozer at the end after a awesome race and congrats to the podium to fast for us.
    Lets take it to spa boys and keep up the clean racing its been awesome racing this season cheers
    Ad2mny and Giant slayer like this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, it happened to a few guys, penalised for coming in too hot into pits. Would have happened to me if it wasn't for the pit wall running into me :D.
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Feel a little bad for BMW not being able to get into the room. Start of quali was a little off focus, and so was quite a shocked to be sitting on pole. The race started and I played it very defensive and conservative until I found my rhythm.

Towards the end of the first lap it looked like Seth was making a move on CAGM, who was now having to defend. So I didn't look back and just focused on going as fast as I could while saving the tires. For some reason I was very timid compared to prac, on the first right and was losing a couple of tenths every lap while on the softs, but I couldn't for the life of me go through there quicker (guess I was scared of ping / ponging). After 10 laps I was feeling quite good, opening the gap a little each lap, and then I spun on the 2nd last turn! Fortunately was able to retain the lead, but now the pressure was on.

Saw Seth go in on lap 13, I used up all the remaining grip on my 14th lap, to put in a good in lap. So I came out of the pits with a larger gap than when Seth went in. I got up to speed on the hards much better than last week and although not super fast had reasonable pace, to grow the gap back to seth. But then I'd make a couple little mistakes and seth would be there again lurking in the shadows (couldn't seem to spot the black car easily at Tokyo) / right up my bum at T1 ;)

I knew giant was going to catch me no matter what, but I hoped it would be on the last / 2nd last lap, where I might be able to hold him on his worn softs (unlikely though!). Unfortunately for me, due to the spin, it happened 3 laps earlier. I was super defensive, and shut the door / made him got the long way round as much as possible. Was surprised I held him off for over a lap, before the inevitable. Such a credit to giant, very clean racer, even with me squirming a bit and shutting doors there was no real contact (I think only contact was exit of T1, when I initiated paint trading, getting a little tail happy). Super pace mate, and a deserved win!
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have results including pole position and race lap times??
  16. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    No it wasnt coming in to hot into pits it just froze thinking there was a car coming past me then when a car actually come it let me go stupid glitches
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I will shortly.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry forgot. Will do this tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Sounds like you boys had a tough race,
  20. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Nope it was pretty breezy
    Circled around for 18 laps then Pitted circle around for another 8 laps
    Came up to one car he move to the side and let me by
    Then came up to another car that look like you had something on the rear bumper so I had a close look at it for around about just over a lap realise it was all good so I went past him and continue to circling around for another 4 laps
    This weird looking guy was waving at chequered flag and all of a sudden It was all over