Division 2 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You had a telstra gateway modem/router,didn't you
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Preliminary results.
    Race 1
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    14th COB - DNF
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, skywalker, do you have lap times and pole position info as well. Do you know of any protests?
  4. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Pole and fastest lap to giantslayer. 10.5 for pole and 10.7 for race (maybe)
    Giant slayer likes this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks.
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was a little slow hopping into qualifying (so missed the first couple of minutes), and only managed an average time which put me in 5th position. I knew this wasn't where I wanted to be and it was going to be tough to get a decent result.

Into T1 vh_mik had the inside line on me, so was back to 6th. We got through the first sector fairly clean and proceeded to fight a little when ever he made a mistake and then I would. Groover and slambo had a tangle letting damo, mik and myself through. Mik cleared damo, but I wasn't able to do it so easily so lost touch with him. Took a few seconds out of the gap in after getting past damo, but knew the damage had been done and had no hope of catching him, so settled in to take 3rd.

Race 2 I knew was going to be hectic. Giant got a blinding start and I had to cover him off. Into T1 there was some tangles and quite a few went wide, allowing a lot of us rear guys to just slot up the inside into the mid field. A few laps later right on damos rear bumper I was carrying a little more speed into t1 and gave a slight tap, I backed off to not take advantage and giant tapped me (as he'd stayed attached from the start). Was a big oh crap moment as the car went side ways. Giant apparently has given me another hit to straighten me up lol we went side be side through s1 were giant eventually had the inside and I had to yield. Damo had scampered off down the road, and giant took off after him taking only a couple of laps to attach onto his bumper.

I took a few more laps, and by now giant was passed onto the next victim. I wasn't so lucky having a big moment with a curb and resulting in a spin. The car came to rest in a shocking place, as mik / aussie, who were battling, came screaming through. Mik went wide and Aussie hit me (really sorry mate). Once the dust settled it was pretty uneventful. I knew there wasn't much point taking any more risks. Seth gifted his team mate a back to back in the sprint round and also me another position up the grid.
    Blindman, Ad2mny and Giant slayer like this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Havent heard yet. We'll see..

I'll get laps up soon. Yes Giant took clean sweep.
  8. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Good race last night boys i just want to say sorry to slambo for tapping him on the last corner we both took different lines and there was no room for me on the inside as he slung shot back across to get a run onto the straight which sadly we collided. But it didnt stuff our race completely as i made my way back to 7th and slambo 5th.

As for the reverse i started 8th and i thought it was going to be a tough race to come through the pack as its not a easy track to pass on but after a few laps i was up to 2nd after a few cars had a crash on the last corner. Now it was me and seeeth out in front and was closing in on him and finally got him to take the lead but soon after that i got alittle tap from seeeth which i lost 2 places to seeeth and giant but ended up having to fight and regain 2nd again to then keep on the back of giant but was to fast.

Well done giantslayer to quick mate and podium for the over all result.
    Ad2mny, Giant slayer and skywalker like this.
  9. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    What epic battle last night and so happy with my dominating performance after a no show last week

Race 1
    After putting it on pole I got a fairly clean start which allowed me to take the ideal line into T1 and pretty much from there did not feel pressure from my rivals behind and to put down some consistent quick times then when VH got into 2nd The heart rate went up just a little knowing in practice that he was only really .200 off what I was doing but as long as I hit my breaking point and got the power down I should be able to keep my 8 seconds lead from him but as the race when on and the tires went down I started the pull further away given me a 14 second lead by the end and now with the real challenge to come

Race 2
    I know I was needing to get a bullet like start to get any kind of a run on S54VED & VH and after S54VED pretty much told me he wasn't gonna let me go down the inside of him into T1 I drifted out wide expecting pretty much everyone else to take the inside line which allowed me to get by VH and onto the rear bumper of S54VED as we watch several drivers spin out in front of us then for several laps sitting on the rear bumper of S54VED and having Sir on my there was pretty much a 3 second gap from 1st to 9th as S54VED when deep into T1 giving Damo a little love tap and backing off I saw the opportunity to pounce on both of them as S54VED tried to turn away from Damo he came straight to my direction with resulted in me giving him the same kind of love tap that he gave Damo as I could see S54VED get completely sideways I got back on the gas and started to turn into him trying to straighten him out which luckily work as we headed side-by-side through the S Bends as I was able to get the power down ever so slightly quicker giving me the lead coming in for uphill chicane and pressing on to catch back up to Damo which I did a couple laps later as he got past F1 into the S bends I manage to get by F1 into T1 the next lap and on the back of Damo again as Damo couldn't pull it up in time into the final hairpin giving me the inside line to get by him as now I only had my two teammates and Groover to get by as blindman the very next lap got a call from our engineer to let me by he did so down the straight so I could give chase to Groover & Seth as Groover got by Seth with me hot on their tail groover ran wide into the back hairpin with Seth trying to get by him on the inside which resulted in Seth giving Groover A little love tap which got him onto the grass as Seth look to back off I saw the opportunity to slingshot by both of them to snatch the lead with six laps to go as I manage to pull a gap to Groover as GRT number 2 driver in Div 2 Lost control promoting blindman up to 3rd giving GRT still 2 podium position in race 2

Great race last night with a result I can't be happier with :D
    Bad luck Cob you prove in practice you were going to be a nuisance for me :thumbsdown:

I believe I owe someone 50 bucks do you wish to come forward and claim your prize :cautious: o_O :whistling: :speechless: :roflmao:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok,
    First thing, apologies for not making last night.....was caught up with a visitor till 8:30 so couldnt make it.....was running in the 10:8s so a little bummed to miss out.....could have been a half decent result....coulda shoulda woulda :rolleyes:

Second thing.....there are no protests, however cob has made it pretty clear his opinion of some of the driving standards that are continuing to happen on a weekly basis. :( He has decided not to protest, but frustration is pretty high from a few, namely myself.......

not sure if anyone read my div 1 post, but we need to do better right across the board. (i will be posting this in the other threads as well) I am sure nobody comes into our rooms to ruin anyone's race, but guys, the desperate moves need to stop and redressing IS NOT HAPPENING ENOUGH. Ive said it 100 times, if you make contact and gain an advantage give the spot back, THE FLIP SIDE is if someone makes a clean pass give them room and continue the "race"....A good "racer" will concede when someone makes a pass, just as they will get out of an attempted pass if it wont come off cleanly. It has to work both ways.

To be perfectly blunt, i dont have the time or the patience to deal with this :):):):) every week.......FIX IT. My comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, as most of us have all been involved in something over the last few seasons, but for how far we have come as a community we NEED TO DO BETTER.......please....

We have sponsors, and word spreads fast....if we want to promote ourselves as the best race league in OZ we ALL need to start driving like it. I will be assessing the penalty system before next season because its pretty obvious things arent working the way we want at the moment....

Stu
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Lap times:

Giant - 1:10.673
    vh_mik - 1:11.019
    S54ved - 1:11.143
    Damo - 1:11.113
    Slambo - 1:11.216
    Sirpoop - 1:11.081
    Groover - 1:11.250
    CAGM - 1:11.356
    Seth - 1:11.323
    Blindman - 1:11.296
    Aussie - 1:11.456
    Hezza - 1:11.586
    natman - 1:11.238
    cob - 1:11.861
    emmo46 and Blindman like this.
  12. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Lol Blindman on the top gear board lol
    Giant slayer likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Luke, Division 2 are very close on times, very competitive (except for Giant of course)
    Giant slayer likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    skywalker likes this.
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hey guys just letting you know that I won't be racing tonight:cry: have another engagement so have a good one .:cool: !
  17. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Yeah moozer just contacted me and said he cant race tonight so i spose bmw shouldnt have any dramas tonight
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm out tonight. Early start plus really lost interest in gran turismo. Hopefully be back for the final 2 rounds with some decent prac under my belt.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I shouldn't have bothered turning up tonight, too tired & just couldn't concentrate. I may or may not be around next week, possibly out of town.

Good pace Seeth, lookin pretty sharp there.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    PS3 reset itself :(