PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    That XBONE gameplay video says otherwise... at least for the XBONE anyway

Edit: Just watched it again... it doesn't actually say online gameplay when it mentions the numbe rof cars on track... sadface
  2. ocat1979

ocat1979 New Recruit

XB1 and PS4 are both limited to 16 cars in MP. it's just the limitation of thier online systems, nothing to do with console power. Single player races can have 40+ AI cars on the track
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Ooh, hi there! Who are you? =) Welcome.
  4. ocat1979

ocat1979 New Recruit

Hey there, thanks for the welcome ;) lurked these boards for a while, I post over on whirlpool a bit. I see a few familiar names from there :thumbsup:
    Crunch likes this.
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    hey there ocat, looking to join the big league eh? ;) hehe
    new pitbox video:
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm so curious about one little thing in PCARS. The upshifts sound terrible to me...has anyone else noticed (particularly devs) and if so, why has nothing been done, if not, how did it get this far with such a terrible sound?? I said it on WP, it sounds like R2D2 is in the gearbox and has a little giggle every time someone shifts up...
  7. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    I get the feeling they are focusing on other areas of the game that need fixing like the penalty system. I feel if it gets fixed later I wouldnt mind but having a penalty system that doesnt work could cripple online racing
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Does anyone know how Online will work? Will be need to "Buy" the cars GT6 style before we can use them Online? Or is it a game where they are all given to us without needing to unlock/buy? Would be nice if we had to do a bit of work for them :)
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    All cars available right from the start, no need to buy anything.
    SuiCid3 and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Crunch, Ad2mny and Footlong_warrior like this.
  11. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Now that was a nice surprise (might have to buy a PS4 now).

Doesn't help you Logitech guys though... besides renewing hope.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ..very interesting. I like where the referenced forum users were coming from, and the articles 3rd paragraph sums this up nicely. Also substantiates some of the disappointment in more recent gameplay media releases. And the stuff in bold!

The crux of it for me is not whether this will be good or bad, but whether it's marketing misrepresents the reality or not.
    If it's not a simulation, if it's no longer community development, If it's not complete (PD!).... don't market as that...Easy.

Doesn't mean people won't like it, but they know what they're getting and the context in which to judge it, instead of being taken for fools, then resenting it despite it's successes.
  14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    It's not really. Some people just don't know how to communicate properly. Or take a hint. And forget that these are not like any other forums, but represent a virtual office. Felix means well but just has no idea how to address a CEO/director. :)

For hardcore sim racers, 1.0 release is just a snapshot in time during continual development. The foundation is all there, just some advanced features that will be appreciated by a niche of a niche group of people will have to come later. Especially when those features (i.e. flags, safety cars) have different rules in different motorsport disciplines. There's already a 40+ person strong league running weekly events in the sim + a few smaller ones run from external sites.

Old video of them here:

With all the community videos of this game on YouTube it would be hard for anyone to be misled - it's all there for you to see.
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I do hope so. With the sheer number of cars/disciplines, stunning graphics and weather systems unique to pCARS I want to want this game, but I want at least the handling to live up to being a simulation! Flags etc that's nice to have but not essential.

It's hard not to become cynical with recent precedence, namely GT5/6 and rFactor2. And if it's another SHIFT I'm not interested.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    ..................i'll just take a bow :speechless::notworthy::speechless:
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I think only those who expect hardcore physics = iceRacing will be the ones disappointed. Yes it is possible to drift as you've seen in videos/GIFs but most racing cars are setup for grip. GT3 cars have driver aids. pCARS let's you choose custom aids or you can set 'real aids' - whatever the real life car comes with. If you've done some real life track days you've got nothing to worry about with the handling.

That said I've been enjoying the Dream Pack in Assetto Corsa recently. Tourist version with the car park is a nice touch.
    WAC likes this.
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I think some people just have a bug up their arse when it comes to this game
    Crunch likes this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well i wont be playing this game until well after July with GT Academy coming up
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    (iceracing no one wants low speed spins)
    To everyone that was thinking i was just bashing the game

Does it make a bit more sense now what i have been saying from the start when i opened the files it was never going to be the high calibre sim that they marketed to get everyone on board.Doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game at all i'll say it's about a step up from gt6 not a leap but a healthy step (physics wise).Enough to gain the console market and do well but sure as :poop: far from what they were preaching at the start but that's completely fine :thumbsup: they dreamed big but at the end of the day as i have stated many time's the company was broke on the verge of bankruptcy no major release in a fair while living off outsource work and they thought of a clever idea to have one last shot and boy did they almost lose it all half way through there with that investment fiasco :eek:.

A sim by the people for the people but with most open public project's they found out that no one know's what they want or think magical rainbows can :poop: lucky charms of gold and turn bit's of code into dynamic tyre physics with no effort or budget restraint's.They have taken the smart move to lure in more of the simcade market and snatch up the dosh and bring themselves back up to a safe financial level then maybe they will have a shot at the niche hardcore sim :) don't forget there was going to be 2 titles 1 simcade world of speed and 1 full sim pcars now it's a mashup i'd say :inlove:

i know people will enjoy it even i can find some fun in it like i do with nfs underground 2 or the crew or grid autosport :D(underground 2 with a datto 1600 mod is the :poop::D) .I just couldn't take it with people being suckered in with the hype like we all did for gt6 by lights and whistles don't get me wrong graphics are nice but at 300kh i'm not thinking how pretty that trees normal map and shading looks unless i'm parked up :roflmao: it's all about them physics they are there and not there some thing's you will go yep that's correct then other's you'll think okay so now it's a shopping cart.same spoon fed cornflakes for the past 5 years just with a prettier packaging ;) we've all still had good racing though haven't we? just more server crashing that really kills gt6 then anything and bugs but even with the shopping carts i know great battles have been had and fun :thumbsup:

At the end of the day this is a game it will be played by alot enjoyed by alot some may even love it,Just they shouldn't of been calling a ford pinto a Ferrari when anyone can peek in the showroom :coffee: that was all i think my words just got lost in translation for game hate but for people who have spoken to me on teamspeak they know i'm just a scattered mind and a touch odd okay alot odd :p
    Crunch, Anon666, KoAStR and 2 others like this.