PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I agree and that's why I have a problem trusting British sales/marketing guys with anything they say/promise. They can be so full of sh*t most times.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    But really, what can we do? We can piss and moan about it being delayed yet again, but that doesn't acheive anything. We could make threatening phone calls to the developers, but I can't see that ending well, and it still won't be out any sooner. What I will get upset about though, is when it is released, if it doesn't live up to the hype. By the looks of it, it is looking to compete with GT6/AC, and as long as they don't go too arcade-y with the handling (from the look of some of Ryzza's vids, it's not) then I'll be a happy camper.

@Clevohead we need some of those cement bags in here mate!!
    Crunch, SuiCid3 and Clevohead like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That's the thing though, because it has been delayed so much, it's not a matter of whether or not it will live up to the hype, but more of it NEEDS to.
    Crunch and SuiCid3 like this.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

of course we'll "whinge/moan" about it, what do u expect, them to delay it 3 times and us not say anything bad about it lol.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    They can't hear you here...

It'll be out soon, it's not like they cancelled it. But true Jono, with the delays, it has to be worth the wait.
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

they might not hear us here, but public sentiment certainly isnt getting any better with widespread backlash across the internet.
    IF it gets delayed again (pls no, pls), then that will be massive LOL. uncharted 4 just got delayed, every game now is getting delayed so developers can give us a closer to "perfect" product. there is much evidence to suggest the extra time is not completely ironing out problems.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Agree. GT6 still isn't finished and they had 5 years to do it. PCars has been in development for some time now on the PC, maybe they are delaying for the ps4 port? Only had 2 years give or take for that. The bloke running the fan page has been copping lots of flak for the delay too, misguided and unwarranted abuse. Poor bugger lol.
    Driftoz, Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol the one on fb? yeah he's been blasted haha
    Clevohead and Ad2mny like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I saw that too, feel a bit sorry for him, it's not his fault lol
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I've always thought that delays had something to do with the xbone port, trying to achieve the 1080p@60fps unicorn on that rubbish box.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    N64 and Ad are right on the money; it's less an issue about having to wait and being angry / bitter (which does factor, naturally) but the real issue is that delayed games have a precedent of falling short of the additional expectations that delaying a game puts on.

When has a seriously delayed game been a critical success? I'm not a gaming historian, but stuff like Watchdogs, GT5, Duke Nukem are big name examples of game delays that means the final product will NEVER hit the hype that has been built over an EXTENDED timeframe.

There is SO much marketing videos and half reviews of Project CARS around... it's excessive at this point. The wait only gets longer.

Watch this E3 trailer if you need further convincing:

Too much hype - too early. Just like my three games I referenced above.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Maybe it's an over reaction to the gt6 situation where PD has (and rightly so) copped a great deal of flak for releasing an unfinished game and not delivering features promised on release that never came, having things in the game that still don't work. Slightly Mad would probably have been aware of the :):):):) fight and the backlash against PD for its sins, and don't wish to be in the same boat, however they may have gone to the extreme to make sure it is totally finished, hopefully it's not for something as stupid as a moon buggy time trial.
    WAC, Ad2mny, Cyber_STIG_77 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    All I say is just wait till it comes, going into detail on speculation will make you crazy.

Keep in mind its a crowd Funded and things are not going to be as smooth sailing as a studio game when it comes to release.
  15. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Xbox One Gameplay

WAC likes this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That rain and backfires :eek:
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    32 car grids? That would be pretty hectic league nights!
    I hope that's the same across all platforms..
    And that weather looks epic.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yet another publication who has likened the game to the TOCA / V8 Supercars games of old. Yes please: that's the third time I think I've heard them mentioned in a preview. I would expect such comparisons to pop up in actual reviews, but to hear it in previews is great. On consoles, I still don't think there's a better touring car racer out there (I always have to mention that I don't own Autosport).

Super keen - I'm having less doubts now.
    SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer that's the first game i ever played online, so many hours wasted with mates racing the V8's
    Crunch likes this.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Nope that's only for PC. We're stuck with 16 on consoles however there's massive grids offline across all platforms.
    Crunch likes this.