AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Not to sure yet I have the same thing and been meaning to look into it but never got around to it.I am away for the weekend but I'll have a look Monday not sure what could be causing the error
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Holy :):):):), Nurburgring in the SLS GT3 is hectic!! GT6 doesn't give you that sense of speed, but in AC it literally had me out of breath. Absolutely brilliant :-D
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Most mods have been broken by the 1.1 update, there is a few that have been fixed on RaceDepartment, and from what I could gather Kunos is working on a fix to stop mods from breaking in future updates :thumbsup:.
    The URD EGT mod has been fixed for v1.1 but then broke after the 1.1.1 update this morning, I received a patch from URD but haven't installed it yet. The V1.1.1 URD 2013 Corvette C6r is available on RD -> HERE
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    From what I found out from the forum's is if the mod itself doesn't work delete the areo ini out of the data file.if the mods sound doesn't work delete the transmission sound from the sfx file but the skins that don't work have still got me stumped at the moment?
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Must practise for Monday night.... can't stop driving the Alfa GTA around Nord :inlove:....
    Apart from 5mins in the GTR I haven't driven anything else from the dream pack, just keep going back to this! :oops:
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ive not read anything about skin failures, and haven't fired AC up since the update so I can't say Ive had similar issues, seems most peeps were just having issues with the launcher crashing and alike.

Here's the change log for those who are interested :)
    • Launcher: new option in Options > General to ignore Windows' display scaling
    • Launcher: launcher will now reset to default theme on version change
    • Launcher: potential fix for rare crash on exit
    • Launcher default theme: further additions to the handling of missing/problematic mod content
    • Added Visual Studio DLLs
    • Now correctly set replay speed for replay files recorded with older versions of AC
    • Improved exterior m235i backfire envelopment
    • Corrected C9 numbers on skin
    • Corrected Alfa GTA tyres naming
    • Custom post processes are now correctly located by the launcher in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ppfilters
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  7. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

On my way to pick up a wheel. Yeew
    AJ.Scott, Pete and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  8. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    what wheel did you get fargonz ?
  9. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

awesome hopefully this slows you down so i can keep up with you :p
    AJ.Scott and KoAStR like this.
  10. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

Just a G27
    AJ.Scott, Cyber_STIG_77 and Driftoz like this.
  11. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

ah man the G27 is awesome. I got mine a couple of months ago (was using the momo since forever) and after a week or so I was around 0.7 seconds faster on the shorter tracks.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Vive has been shown off at GDC this month with hands on demo's behind closed door's and people are stating it is the most realistic and impressive VR experience yet.With a 15x15 ft radius of movement tracked by laser's placed in two corners of the room you are free to move around and jump and bend down in the 3D environment.

But if you start getting to close to a wall while in say a forest the sensors will pick this up and will ghost in your wall in the game to let you know you are close to impact :thumbsup: also two hand held controllers are an option which fit in your hands nicely and have some weight to them to replicate a gun which was shown in a portal 3 demo or anything imaginable.

two 1080p screens at 90hz and butter at 90fps means not only is this more beef and bells then crystal cove vive is able to stretch that field of view a touch more without losing quality,in performance for pc's this add's up to a single 4K monitor at 120hz so the future is near but for most the hardware to run it is not :coffee: release for vive is aimed to be around December to public but with the DEV kit's coming out to developers in mid April :cool:
    Driftoz and leeboy910 like this.
  13. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Tovey_4saken likes this.
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yep been keeping my eye out on that one for awhile :thumbsup: i can see really great potential for 3D development more then gaming EG.walking up to a car in the 3d sculpter and just applying the mesh directly over the body making sure every detail is never missed in translation again or sculpting the human body :thumbsup: easily the most hardest thing to model :D sky's the limit.
    with gaming it could be done like the minecraft example they use or a fps in your own home bit like those laser tag kit's they used to have years back but augmented reality :D
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Here's a new one for you all when in game on track in AC if i turn my aircon off my wheel die's turn it back on and it comes back to life but on default setting's :confused::confused: only in AC though :roflmao: strangest thing ever :laugh:
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    looks like AC likes the AC lol
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Freaking weird lol might be something to do with power though :confused: jolt of power when i switch it off :confused:
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Tovey, by chance is your PC plugged into a 15 amp circuit (which your A/Con might also be sharing)?

A quick look online revealed USB connection issues can occur when the PC is run on a 15 amp circuit and the PSU is affected by the interruption and noise along the line when big draw components such as compressors kick on/off - particularly faulty/dodgy PSU's.

Otherwise, if not it is certainly a strange one. Maybe email Kunos and ask them to release a patch for it - LOL :D
    Bizarre that it only happens when playing AC as well. I assume you've tried it with other PC driving games and/or when not in a game but with the wheel still connected to the PC???
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Fixed it :roflmao: forgot that i added the aircon plug into the powerboard the other day instead of the wall like usual so must of been just screwing with it.Back in the wall no problems now :thumbsup:
    i'm guessing the only reason why it was doing it in other games compared to rfactor and euro truck is that in AC my ffb is set to much much stronger so might be a saftey thing in the g27 if it gets to much power or an overload from the powerboard it just switches off to save the motor's??

don't know was strange if i jumped out of AC after it went limp it would reset and be fine only in game it would refuse but all good now :roflmao::thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott and DoogleDave like this.
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i think with this latest v1.1.3 patch i have more bugs and problems than b4 lol but might be because im running win 8.1 now too but the game crashes every time i close it down and just had to turn brightness down for spa track cause i couldn't even see the track from being so bright also from the few cars ive tried the rpm dosent look or feel smooth its very jumpy dunno if its affecting me on long straights/high rpm cause everyone seems to catch up and over take easily. oh well my little rant for the day lol