Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    All this type of info is on the wiki. Have a read ;)
    Uploading or watching a replay

Except I'm not sure that the GTLOZ Q-drive account is still active. Have to check with Pies.
    Last time I tried it didn't work so I uploaded to my own dropbox account.
  2. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

I just watched the replay Fryz, I had cyber up the inside of me and had nowhere to go. I didn't push you right off mate but I must admit, i didn't expect you to persist on hanging there on the outside going three wide into a one line corner. I actually backed off to let cyber through as there is no way we could've gone through the right hander 2 abreast let alone three. I'm disappointed you just quit as I was looking forward to a good battle
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey Cyber, don't worry about it man. I understand, as do the other guys, that you had some technical difficulties tonight. There is no need to prove to us that you could only see 2 other people.

It was a messed up round this week....everything was going wrong for a lot of people.. me being one of them, being pushed and bashed around by your devil car lol. Sorry if I came across as an ass after race 1, but I like to take my racing fairly seriously, and I probably put more practice in than most people, because that's what I like to do. So it was very frustrating being up the front in race 1 and being bashed and pushed on most of the corners by you. Initially I thought it was just that you were driving a bit sloppy....but then coming onto the straight I tried to duck up the inside with plenty of room to spare, and you pushed me onto the grass as I got by you. Then when I was taking the banked section you slammed into me from behind and pushed me into the wall. I was pretty fuming at that point, and I never regained my composure for the whole race, which caused me to make a lot of mistakes. Pretty much a write-off for me.

I was looking forward to regaining my pride in race 2 starting from 2nd position again. To my surprise....Cyber had somehow managed to be in 2nd place on the grid after coming 2nd or 3rd in the first race...I was confused...Then realised he had left and rejoined the room after race 1, completely messing up the correct starting positions. Luckily he seemed to have his issues fixed and managed to not hit me at all. I got into the lead and everyone ate my dust....some redemption I guess.

PS Bad luck on the off Fryz.....no need to leave though mate!
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I strongly recommend doing a shout out of how many drivers you see on the track during practise/qual before the race. This way you don't find out someone's not seeing everybody only after it's become an issue. Easy to do, save's so many headaches, but easy to forget, so I can't stress this enough!

Please be reminded quitting during a race is not cool and will result in zero ponts for the round. We can't have everyone bailing when things don't go there way. It's not fair on the rest of the drivers. I know this can be difficult but you just have to suck it up and deal with whatever occured afterwards.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah Koastr, Cyber said he could only see 3 people on track before race 1 started....But I think it was too late. I think the countdown was running before he mentioned it. Is Fryz able to use this round as his drop round? Even though he rage quit?
  6. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    sorry again guys, i did mention the lack of people on track before the race but with the whole marco simoncelli thing going on i was a bit rattled and didn't consider that it could have been a PSN malfunction. I only exit/rejoined to try and fix the problem.:(
  7. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Im not going to participate in proper league racing where drivers are unable to see each other. Considering i got hit off the track rather heavily from a driver I know is very clean I assumed that we had plenty of issues and I was not about to waste my time fighting back up only to get pushed off again, which after reading Chev's post above, im sure would have happened anyway.

No problem Pag, I didnt realize you had another driver up your inside. Track is easily wide enough to go 2 wide but not 3. I was planning on just staying out wide and letting you have the inside and then cutting in behind.

Which drivers could Cyber Stig see?

Also sorry to Chev for the nudge at the hairpin on the first lap. I didnt realize you had dived down there.

As far as points go, I dont really care. Moving forward we should have a rule regarding procedures when drivers cant see others.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It's all gravy Cyber. Hopefully next round will run a bit smoother.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey Fryz, its all good mate! I wasn't diving, that was just my driving line for that corner, which was way different than yours. Sorry for the contact, the differing lines caught me out. Happened a couple of times actually.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Understandable fryz. I think you can be forgiven for quitting given those circumstances. Which is why it's even more important to establish that all drivers are visible to all before starting. There's not much you can do once the round is already underway, and it's often not until after several incidents or the round has ended that it becomes apparent connection issues were to blame.... by which time it's too late.

Perhaps a re-race could be held at an agreed time during the week if all agree technical issues grossly affected the overall race results. Use the original qualifying positions from whichever race (1 or 2) and just line up on track in this order, then start the race.
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 2 - Indy Road

Well that was somewhat of a disaster tonight.
    I didn't take part in the racing tonight, I just wasn't up to it; I had a 4 hour drive home this afternoon and was fairly wrecked by the end of it, but I still got on to host as *hint* we're still awaiting a volunteer for backup host *hint*

Worryingly people were plagued with connection dramas. It was pretty clear that poor old Cyber Stig couldn't see half the field but we only found that out during the race countdown so it was too late to do anything about it. Like Koastr suggested we'll definately be doing a check before the race from now on.
    Jezza, while late for race 1, wasn't able to hold a connection to the room to take part in race 2.
    It's difficult to know where the problem lies; while some people have troubles, everything seems to run smoothly for others.

Apologies again to Thestig-13, he missed the cutoff for joining the track in race 2. Im sorry about that mate, probably could have waited another minute or 2, but in fairness I did give a warning and a good 5 or so minutes between races.

Plus to the people that quit, it's not really something we encourage here and it doesn't reflect well on your sportsmanship IMO.

Here's the results:

Race 1
    [​IMG]
    1. Pagone41
    2. Cyber_STIG_77
    3. SNAKEiSM
    4. thestig-13
    5. natmanscoop
    6. Chevwah
    7. blueyonder-666-

8. Small_Fryz (DNF)

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    1. Chevwah
    2. Pagone41
    3. natmanscoop
    4. Cyber_STIG_77
    5. SNAKEiSM

6. blueyonder-666- (DNF)

Overall Results
    1. Pagone41, 34pts (25 + 9)
    2. Cyber_STIG_77, 24pts (18 + 6)
    3. Chevwah, 20.5pts (8 + 12.5)
    4. SNAKEiSM, 20pts (15 + 5)
    5. natmanscoop, 17.5pts (10 + 7.5)
    6. thestig-13, 12pts (12 + 0)
    7. blueyonder-666- 6pts (6 + 0)
    8. Small_Fryz 0pts (0 + 0)

Fastest Laps
    1:36.889 SNAKEiSM (race 1)
    1:37.341 Pagone41 (race 2)
    1:37.676 Chevwah (race 2)
    1:37.979 natmanscoop (race 1)
    1:38.083 Cyber_STIG_77 (race 2)
    1:38.302 blueyonder-666- (race 1)
    1:38.439 thestig-13 (race 1)
    1:46.499 Small_Fryz (race 1)
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I could see fryz, pagone and myself on the track, regarding the incident at turn 3, I was on the ripple strip and didn't make contact with pagone, the door was wide open.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well I'm pretty disappointed with my performance last night tbh, I drove too inconsistently to challenge for any victories, a few off track excursions cost me some huge time, shoud've finished 3rd in that second race but threw it away with 2 laps left, driving amongst traffic was very difficult around this track, different lines and braking points were costing me alot of time as I went out of my way to avoid contact with others, sometimes I think I'm too nice on the track.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For the record (wiki) - I assume Fryz got pole?

The fastest lap points don't affect your sprint race points pre-overall position standings unless it's a tie-breaker for a given position. So Chev will be awarded 18pts on the leaderboard for 3rd, and Snake 17pts for 4th plus fastest lap.

Gratz on a podium Cyber-Stig.
    Gratz for fastest lap Snake, wasn't that bad of a performance after all?

I'll award Jezza points for 9th (last) since he made an effort to turn up. That's typically how we do it.
  15. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Righto, my mistake.
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cheers bud, but that's exactly why I was so disappointed, particularly with last place in that second race, I had the pace to run towards the front but for various reasons it just didn't work out, ah well, next time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Fryz did indeed get pole, a 1:36.7xx, ripper time, my PB was a 36.903 before that slipstream aided 36.8 during race 1.
  17. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Was on track to do a 1'36.5 in the last part of Quali but borked it lol.

I'm sorry for leaving guys. Was just upsetting and at the time I believed that people couldnt see my car which was why I got pushed off.

Looking back it might have been some lag spikes as well, as according to Pag he says he only brushed me.
    Anyway... looking forward to next race.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah my qualy time was a 1:36.9, which was equal to my PB. I was pretty happy with it.
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Anyone had a go at Daytona Road yet, I turned a few laps last night just to familiarise with the track as I haven't driven it since Prologue, the very narrow infield is gonna be chaos I reckon, hopefully I'll be able to tuck in behind Fryz (as he'll be on pole) and steer cleer of the "action", that's the plan.
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

He'll be on pole will he? We should put in an effort and bump him off yeah??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.