Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'll admit Chev, it would be nice to see someone other than Seb.. ahh, Fryz, on pole, but I just don't see it happening, unless ol'mate Jezza makes it in time for the next race, or are you particularly strong around Daytona? Can't say I am but I'll give it a good crack. You were one of the quickest at Indy so maybe it's time for a win, go ahead, impress me! haha! :p
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll do my best mate. I'll put in some good sessions Wednesday and Thursday nights. I have a very busy weekend coming, so I won't be getting too much practice then. I'll be pushing my hardest though, rest assured.
  3. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

I feel really disappointed with the way the racing went on Sunday and confused over the way points are allocated. I lost points in race 2 after being run off the track by three cars and competitors in incorrect grid position. I pulled out of the race thru frustration of other drivers not respecting the rules yet they were awarded full points. Someone who didn't even enter the track was given points,another who left the room completely was also given points. If the rules are not enforced everyone will push the boundaries....where's the good sportsmanship in that?
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Understandable blueyonder. By all means have floodsim review the replay if you're not happy and the results may be adjusted.. Good sportmansship must be upheld.

If the issues were more to do with technical difficulties and oversight of incorrect grid positions than lack of sportsmanship then I would suggest a re-race. Easy to do for just one sprint race especially. Line up on the track in reverse order of the first race, then start the race, no qual. This will simulate the CORRECT reverse grid based on race 1 results.
  5. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

Hey Kosta..no need to look at replay...I understand there can be racing incidents, but all drivers must be aware of rules and respect the other drivers lines.

Regarding the points I just don't understand why some people got points when they didn't finish the race and left. That's all..
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I understand your frustration Blue.

Generally, if someone makes an effort to show up, but is prevented from racing through connection issues, we'll award them last place. This is why Jezza has been awarded points even though he never managed to entere the room.

As for those who quit, generally it would not be acceptable and result in zero points, however given the apparant issues beyond control of the participants the same has applied as for Jezza, and those who DNF have been shown some leniancy and awarded points for the bottom positions.

Had the grid been 11+ drivers, those last place finshes would be non-points. But there was only 8 or 9 so that's how the cookies crumbled this time...

Don't forget there's drop your worst round too. So some points or no points for this round, it might not make any difference if those guys don't miss a round from here in... same for you too.

Hope you have a better understanding now and don't feel hard done by. ;)
    Hopefully the network issues were isolated to this week (other divs had issues too) and things will run smoother from now on.
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

If we were gonna re-run it we may as well do both races, not just the second one. The first race was MUCH worse for technical problems.
  8. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

woohoo! lol. sorry i was late, i wanted to be there for both races, and i would have been except we went out bush for a barbeque! when we got home i quickly turned the internet on, and i must have turned it on a bit too quickly because when i joined the room i kept getting disconnected. i thought i might have been having trouble connecting to a lagger, but soon after i left the room and stayed out after many re-joins, my little brother told me the internets not working properly, so it must have been my fault lol. that never happens, its always good now, must have just been a one off at the wrong time ;)

ol'mate jezza is here to ruin seb's streak haha, or try to anyway. ill try to show up in time this time. everyone seems to be really quick from what people managed at indy, so anything can happen
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Probably largely because of the fact there were only 5 of us in the second race, disappointing, if there were more I might not have finished last! :lol:
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So what's the go fella's? If we start after the grand prix I just need to know an exact time as I'll be watching the race at a mates place and will need to drive home before our race, it's only a few mins drive but I'm keen as for the race so don't wanna miss out. If we're going ahead with the usual time I'll just watch the delayed broadcast on 10.
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'll be opening the room just after the chequered flag on the F1.
    I'll probably give it 15mins or so before kicking off official practice. Any concerns?
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sounds great Flood. I havn't missed a live broadcast of the F1 for 2 years, wouldn't wanna start now, lol.
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

So we're talkin room open about 10:20pm edt, yeah?

Quali about 10:40ish?
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Please confirm the actual times Flood. I'll update the Race information thread with them so there's no confusion.
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    15 mins after chequered flag sounds good to me, see you then lads.
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    So i take it we are starting late ? in the future if any change is made to race times i think it would only be fair for the host to message every raceonoz player through psn what time the new race time will be so that people who haven't been on the forum know what is going on. This has been very poorly communicated in my opinion.
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    @ natman, yeah thats about right.. Room open at 10:20pm EDT, quali at 10:40pm EDT

@ cyberstig, suggestion noted. Though in my opinion this forum is where the league is organised, if you're not popping in from time to time to see whats going on then you're not really a part of the community.
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I visit the forum at least twice per day and have not seen any official time correction till 8:50pm today. approx 1 hour after the listed race start. this has nothing to do with being apart of the community as only two other div 1 players have commented on the time change and if it was all about the community the there would have been a vote so everyone in the "community" could have had there say. I love the F1 and never miss a race, all i am saying is that there was no effort put into letting the community know of the change and that is not a very professional way to run any kind of competition.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fair call Stig.

BUT, Please be reminded:

Firstly, we rely on the competitors input to make decisions such as this, and as you have astutely noted, there has been minimal input on this issue despite being open for discussion over the passed week. So a late admin decision has been taken by flood.

Secondly, despite our best efforts this is not a 'professional' competition, the people organising volunteer their own free time in providing this racing league service to the community. By the community, for the community. We all have day jobs and other responsibilities too.

To make this work smoothly we need to function as a team. You'll get out what you put in.

Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.