Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Havent turned a single lap at indy yet so dont think I'll be on the pace. Good luck every one tonight see you at the same bat time on the same bat channel.

Practice will be open between 7-7:10pm Adelaide time.

Havent double checked that lap yet Aussie but I will mate.
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Guys i'm going to give this season a miss just need a bit of a break from GT5, hopefully be back for next season.

Good luck all.
  3. Chaos707

Chaos707 New Recruit

Had a lot of fun in the first race, cheers again ven for that good battle. Edged it out in the last two laps you bastard :D

Not too happy with the 2nd race though; about midway through the race on turn 3 tek broke late and came up my inside, cutting me off badly. Was hoping to get a podium finish you tit :p Probably wouldve been caught up a bit but it screwed me up big time. Ohwell.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Pretty sure bonus would of taken the round win, unsure of other results at this stage.

Not sure who was behind me when I out braked myself at turn 3-4 Chaos? I had to take the inside as some one out side of me and I couldnt pull it up, understeer kicked in and started going wide. I probably went wide right in front of you causing you to slightly tap me making me unable to stop from going in the kitty litter. Taking us both into the kitty. I was hoping you would of seen I couldnt pull it up and undercut me.

I pulled over to re_ address the position as in that situation that is all you can do. Ended up just parking it.

I havent checked the replay yet so will need to view to see what happened cleary as from bonnet cam I couldnt see much. So sorry if that what was Choas was pissed at ;) You'll have to PM Vice captian if you feel malice was involved, since im Captian.

Will review the replay later....can we bring back the MP4 halfway through the season :p

The good news chaos is that race 2 was only half points so it wont have as great affect if it happened in race 1.
  5. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Fastest laps for Round 2 Indy Road.
    1:37.944 Stuart Race 1
    1:38.075 Bonus Race 1
    1:38.199 Miki Race 2
    1:38.239 Rico Race 2
    1:38.249 Aussie Race 1
    1:39.054 Barra Race 2
    1:39.633 Chaos Race 2
    1:39.665 Teknique Race 2
    1:40.472 Neishy Race 2
    1:40.801 Timmo Race 2
    1:41.206 Dimplz Race 1

Another cracking turnout for the Div 2 boys. :D
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some good racing tonight guys, I thought it was a little rougher than usual but looking at the other divisions as well they had issues which messed with some people's races.

Race 1, qualied 4th and that is where I finished, not before bonus, miki, barra and myself made a break on the rest of the pack and had some entertaining laps before the lag monster hit me when miki fell off the track then drove back through me giving me damage and slowing me enough to lose touch with them. Had a good battle with Aussie for 5th, then miki had a real off and I stayed in front to finish 4th.

Race 2, the start was entertaing as usual in reverse races, and I got up to 2nd by the end of the second lap but then I lost my rhythm and had a couple of small mistakes which cost me a few spots and i finished 6th. More good battles with barra (good clean racing mate) and Aussie were enjoyable. Think my best lap of the night was a 1'37'9 in race 1 so hopefully that was fast enough to get me a few extra points for fastest lap ( forgot to save race 2, der).

Few nudges here and there, but will put them down to the slip stream, people out braking themselves and also the issues that were there with the network tonight. Still enjoyable though.

Well done to bonus for the round win, and Rico for race 2, did it easy out in front. !!

Cheers
    Stu
  7. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Sorry mate, I honestly never saw you. I always go to great lengths to avoid contact. The map on the side indicated it was clear. Was that why you faked a turn in and I had to put myself in the sand cause I thought you were about to cross in front of me? When I entered the practice session I had the 59:59.000 splits not updating. Could have been the signs of a connection fault.
    On to Daytona next week to chase down Bonus. :)
  8. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I will put my hand up for 2nd overall - 2nd and 3rd should do it. Very enjoyable round - battles most of the way through both races.
    Was a good battle for 2nd-5th in race 2 until Tek outbraked himself. Im glad I ghosted through everyone at turn one on the previous lap.
    Shame I couldnt get it together in the fastest lap standings - was always in a battle in the opening laps while the tyres were good.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

All good Miki, i knew at the time it was a lag issue, i was following close behind onto the straight then you all of a sudden you went 90 degrees left into the wall, then came back through me at warp speed and i got damage from that which lost me about 4 seconds on the group. Definately not your fault.....was pissed though because all 4 of us were having another great battle, and i was pleased to be in amongst it based on your pace. (i watched on replay from your car and was some awesome acceleration you had at the time, where did you get the NOS from :/ !!)

Race 2 was a strange one for me too, had good pace early then my screen glitched on lap 3 and i didnt seem to have any grip......was probably just me running out of talent, but didnt feel i could run some corners as fast as race 1.......maybe i took the edge of them in the first 3 laps coming through the pack, not sure. :/

Anyway, hopefully next week is better. THINK ???? i got 4th for the round which i am relatively happy with, although kicked myself i let veno and someone else through with 2 to go after a small mistake coming onto the front straight. Maybe lost 3rd overall??

Is a very close division guys, everyone even on pace.......................happy with fastest lap though, was unexpected. :)

Except tek, that blokes rubbish !!!!!!! :p :lol: :lol: (i am only allowed to trash talk you when i beat you tek !!!)

Cheers
    Stu

RIP MARCO AND DAN
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    LAG MOSTER!!!!

That looked quite odd from where I was, I saw Miki's arrow fly off through the sand and all I could think was 'wow, that was some mistake, oh well, I can breathe now' then all of a sudden you were back on my bumper, ready to be a pain in the arse at turn 1 again
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I had the same thing in the div 1 lobby, I've never actually experienced it before, didn't seem to cause any major issues throughout the race for me though, I think the PSN was just up to :):):):) last night.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Gotta shout out to Barra for some cracking first 8 laps or so. :D I enjoyed having to race for position real hard to get in front only to lose it straight away, pass, get passed again, door to door with not one touch. Reminded me of my race against Seido (back when he used to race with us-lol) at Laguna Seca in the TVR Tamora during season 2.
    Watching the replay (Race 2) shows a lot of wide G37's quite hard to get by. A few people having little moments that I had to lift for, only to have the guy behind me shoot thru frustrated me (had to tell myself off a few times). Once in clean air (5 to go) I was able to take nearly a second a lap to the leaders but ran out of laps.
    Seido, your profile says 'sadly out' for season 4 (FYI it is now season 5) vacancy......???????? :lol:
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Oh Oh looks like someone gonna get some connection issues next round. :) As host practice is a bit buggy for me Ill do a 2 minute lap yet it will will show me as the fastest.....which is really of putting. Hence why you see me parked on the side of the road for most of the warm up.......if only it would happen during qual ;)

The captians curse.
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    So bonus got the round win? where are ya bones? get in here and gloat mate
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Been real busy at work lately, so not much time for my slow typing in here. Had a lot better race than i expected to have. Only worked out how to get the low 138's in the practice before the race and was able to keep that line for the races. Had a bit of luck in the first race, Miki and Barra were having an epic battle and i was content with just staying close and watching it for the best seat in the house. They battled each other a bit wide on one corner and i just snuck up the inside and got a bit of a lead as they continued their battle. I was then just trying to stay in the 38's and maintain the gap and not make a mistake. the pressure was on all race as the field was all still fairly close.
    2nd race had just as much luck and managed a 2nd, congrats to Richo on the win and all those quick lap times from the div 2 guys who made the top 10 in all division combined quickest laps. A lot of even drivers in this division making it close, really enjoying the action so far in this car.
  16. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

It's been a really enjoyable couple of races again gents. I had a great contest with chaos in race one and was stoked to be tagging along near the front group in race 2 despite being way off the pace all night. A 5th and a 4th won't get me a lot of points but I drove the car a lot better than at Monza ie I still had some tread on my front tyres at the end of the race. More than Stu at the end of race 2 anyway. What was going on there mate! Sabotage I'd say.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah not sure veno, i forgot to save the damn second race.....stupid. Race 2 i felt i had no grip compared to the first race......not sure why, i got up to second so maybe i just pushed too hard too early........had a girl say that to me once !! Same problem, not the result i was looking for !!
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

R1
    Bonus
    Barra
    Aussie
    Stu
    Veno
    Mik
    Chaos
    Rico
    Timmo
    Tek
    Dimplz

R2
    Rico
    Bonus
    Barra
    Veno
    Aussie
    Stu
    M1k
    Chaos
    Timmo
    Neishy
    Dimplz
    Tek

Will update the ladder and tally points latter.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Did the math for you tek...

1. Bonus 1st (25) + 2nd (9) =34 points. / 25 pts
    2. Barra 2nd (18) + 3rd (7.5) = 25.5 points / 18 pts
    3. Aussie 3rd (15) + 5th (5) = 20 points / 15 pts
    4. Rico 8th (4) + 1st (12.5) = 16.5 points / 12 pts
    5. Stu 4th (12) + 6th (4) = 16 points / 10 pts + 2 FL = 12 pts
    6. Veno 5th (10) + 4th (6) = 16 pts / 8 pts
    7. Miki 6th (8) + 7th (3) = 11 pts / 6 pts
    8. Chaos 7th (6) + 8th (2) = 8 pts / 4 pts
    9. Timmo 9th (2) + 9th (1) = 3 pts / 2 pts
    10. Tek 10th (1) + 12 (0) = 1 pt / 1 pnt
    11. Neishy (dnf) + 10th (.5) = .5 / 0 pnt
    12. Dimplez 11th (0) + 11th (0) / 0 pnts

Hope its right..........otherwise just wasted 45 mins of my life :lol:

Cheers
    Stu
  20. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Thanks Stu for the math. Wow wasn't expect 4th after my performance in race 1, very lucky to just scrape ahead on points.

I use bumper view and found it very hard on this track in particular to spot turn in / brake markers right behind someone (although probably due to no practice). This track was also savage as just a little too much speed into a corner leads to massive understeer into the kitty litter...made even worse by the (lack of) speed you could carry out out of it. So that was my race 1...

Race 2 somehow I managed to make it out turn 2 ahead, although I think there was a bump on exit with Neishy. Let us know if there is any questionable contact. From there i managed to hold a lead as everyone was battling behind.

Also have to practice braking markers from a grid start, was overzealous race 1 and too conservative race 2. Will do some practice this week so don't ruin anyones race at Daytona...particulary given the relatively small width of track on the in field.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.