Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah top stuff stu, i was pushing bonus hard and we managed to break from the pack early, lots of blue and red up front for the first 5 or 6 laps until bonus over shot the second chicane (lock up/slipstream ???) not sure but i was laughing until i got a little impatient with right foot and tried 2 squeeze past bonus to take the lend back for about 7th or 8th time, then bonus and me traded red and blue paint AGAIN and then i got the kitty and bonus got the blacktop, so yeah funny as, then my race went down hill :lol: i think i got fastest race lap with a 1.56.290 so 2 point extra. got be happy with that. epic race, top action for the first race of the season it looks to be a wicked season if it stays this close. great race boys. pumped as hell for round 2.
  2. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Had a blast last night. I hadn't played GT5 since last season, as I've been enjoying F1 2011 the last couple of weeks. Was expecting the worse with no practice, going from Div 3 to 2 and being dead last after a re-dress following the first chicane. I beached it on Lesmo 1 also, so by the 1st lap I was miles away from anyone. This was going to be a long night...

I gained a few places as mistakes were made in front, and pitted right behind Veno on lap 11. Had an epic battle with him the following laps, trading places a dozen or so times with only a few taps here and there. Great racing Veno!

From there had a laugh as tyre wear was crippling a few and settled in to take 4th. Very happy.

Strategy wise I reckon pit vs no pit is almost even over this distance, which will sure make this season very interesting.
  3. Chaos707

Chaos707 New Recruit

That was fantastic last night guys - very excited for the upcoming races! Kudos to teky for helping me find the server; I almost missed out but made it in time to do a few qualifying laps but not before false starting the race :D

Alternated between 6th and 8th position frequently, however my strategy of running on the one set of tires failed dismally, and had a very frustrating last 5 laps :( Had a real blast regardless of finishing poorly, but will do much better next time!

Cheers boys
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Good close racing for several laps at the start had some good clean battles. watched a bit of the replay and its well worth watching, only real problem was the first corner, a back marker missed his breaking point and pushed a few drivers into others, remember you just need to take it easy on approach to first corner if you are right down the back (concertina effect) you wont win the race on the first corner but you can lose it and even worse ruin someone elses race. I copped a bit of a set back at the start but then had some great battles to get back up the front and some bad mistakes to get back down to third in the end. Sorry Aussie you were caught up in one of my offs and that finished our great battle we had for several laps. Great win Stue well deserved and good to see you back up the front on the podium again miki, starting off where you finished the last season. Sorry not much time to write too much at the moment but loved this car on this track and the racing was close and clean, good stuff all.
  5. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

That was a cracker of a stoush Rico. I watched the replay and at the end was tempted to go back and count the passes because I don't reckon a dozen is exaggerated. A short cut penalty took me out of that battle in the end.

I need to work on my driving style in this car big time. I am chewing through my front tyres in a massive way and seemed to be the only one doing it. The smoke coming off my car in the replay was embarrassing. Nobody watch it ok.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hang about there skip :) I'll probably get them tonight, havent watched the replay yet. PS3 dosent get switched on much now days.

Edit. Veno I could see your fronts smoking I felt I had a better car at that time too.....but I when I caught you I went wide when You held tight. Tried to power through the kitter litter but spun it coming out.

I struggled with understeer in this car too, felt like I was getting a groove with it during the second stint at times though
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Fastest laps Division 2.
    1:56.565 Bonus
    1:56.710 Aussie
    1:56.774 Neishy
    1:56.991 Teknique
    1:57.094 Rico
    1:57.374 Stu
    1:57.398 Miki
    1:57.722 Venosuala
    1:58.621 Chaos
    1:59.111 Timmo
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

It pays to leave the wipers on to wipe away the air. It gives podiums. Stu and I both did it and we got 1 & 2. lol
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Bonus fastest hey. Didnt aussie say he got a 56.2? Or didnt it show up in the replay. I saw Stu wipers I think it put me off when I looked back so i out braked my self into the 1st chicane when he caught me. Dirty tactics those wiper runners :p
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i was hoping no one noticed !!!! LOL
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hehe wipers - funny stuff. I used to laught at a few guys in Season2 running races with wipers on, completely oblivious :lol:

Good stuff on the fastest laps. Should be easier now with the FFWD replay function.

Great stuff Bonus, you're really cleaning up across the board these days mate ;) Add me on iRacing
  13. Chaos707

Chaos707 New Recruit

Is someone able to upload the replay?
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I have a thumb drive but I dont have a file hosting site that I use. Depending on how big it is as well as im abit tight on quota "15 gig left for 10 days".

For future reference you know anyone can save by clicking results then save. You probably know that tho and forgot :)
  15. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I was just going to FF the race to the end but I got caught up just sitting and watching it through. I even went back a few times to see why people suddenly lost ground when their names dropped down in the list on the side. It was a good race all round. :)
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    how about laps 3 and 4 miki.............was the best pack racing ive been involved in all my time playing gt.....was awesome...pity someone cant upload it. ive watched the replay twice just to watch all the different action....
  17. Chaos707

Chaos707 New Recruit

Yeah pretty much lol. Ohwell...

If anyone does upload it though I will be very grateful :)
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

yer TeK, Aussie new to the league racing thing, and seen the top lap time shown in a race as the top lap time of the race. It only shows your own lap time during a race and he did say hey got the fastest lap of 156.7 and i knew i had done a tiny bit better (this time) when he said it, but thought stue would pip us all or Miki who had the pace in Q. Was surprised to see i had it in the end but put it down to me and Aussie drafting off each other for a lot of laps.
    I'll look you iracers up soon Koaster getting to know me way round the site and getting that rookie tag off me back errrr Rookie me never!!
    Graeme Phyland
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ok the laps times are correct and results are official as no protests have been recieved. Ladder will be updated tommorow sometime.

Bonus +2 points fastest lap.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not a good start to the season for me, looks like I'm out again this weekend. Got my old's staying with us over the weekend and aren't leaving till Monday morning. Probably going out for dinner Sunday night, so that's me done. Sorry to be a pest. Hopefully will be back on track after that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.