Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Well done Bonus. Will be good to race with you once again in season 6, if I'm racing. So who ended up 2nd in the championship?
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Chev, I hope you do race again need a traing buddy, Stue whould have still got second, not sure who has third though.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Stu aye. Good bloke. I hope he is racing in div 1 next season as well.
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Could be a few of us up there, need to have 12 drivers in div 1 I think. 12 seems to be a good number for racing quality and limited connection issues.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    :pDon't worry about it Stu, I dissapeared because after I went into the fence (yes weird) on the start/finish straight I got a penalty for my troubles (wtf), and that was about it for me, at any rate I seemed to be suffering from the straight line speed deficit again, (checked replay) i.e. guys just pulling away from me even if I was close enough to be in the draft (like real close sometimes), and guys catching me from miles back (too far back to be in the draft at the beginning of the straight but getting in there because of the speed difference by the end of the straight). I could be looking square at someones rear bumper at the first hairpin and be back 100-150m by the first chicane but replay shows the same speed and throttle position for between myself and the driver in front through the same piece of track. Then I would catch up a bit through the twisty bits and then dread another straight as I watched guys just drive away from me in a straight line.

Anyway enough of that (frustrating as it is) Congrats to Bonus, anon and aussie for last nights race and a big thanks to tek and all involved with putting on the series, I don't think the guys going up to div 1 are going to have too many problems being competitive, whilst those being relegated (i.e. me and deservedly so) will hopefully be more competitive in div 3 after a fun but at the same time frustrating series in div 2. Looking forward to finding out what car / tyre combination we'll be using for season 6, and getting away from the G37 (sorry but I'm not a fan).
    Again thanks to tek and all the other guys in div2 the mods, linsmen, ballboys, my parents, the many people who have helped me on this epic journey of self discovery, the director, all the crew, the producers, jeebuz, my high school drama teacher, all my fans thank you, thank you, sob sob. :p
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Someone give Cob that gold statue....and maybe a tissue?!!?

Thanks to all for another good season. This week was my turn to be nursing the mother of all hangovers, which wasn't helped by the front tyres being destroyed after about 4-5 laps, was I the only one?? Neishy was supreme, after 3 laps my tyres were hurting my lap times and he took off. Tried a strong rear bias for the second stint, but after about 6 laps they were cooked again. Well done Bonus, you didn't offer many chances and deserve the no. 1 spot in the championship.

If I have some time, I will try and put together some little one off events. Will post up in here somewhere.
  7. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah Anon I had the same problem with the fronts mate, I was running 7 up front so I guess it was to be expected, I didn't realise how quickly the fronts would degrade, however, painful, a mistake I won't make a second time.
  8. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  9. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That's a good, close division - 5 different race winners and 8 different people got podiums
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Anon, i was worried nearing the last 3 laps as my tires had gone below half already, i knew my too early pit could hit me in the end and knowing it was you that was coming up behind me was of no comfort at all. On that last lap when you had gained to within a second i was pushing it as hard as i could without running too deep or wide.

An idea for a race; we could do some races with the no tune setting and see what multi make cars we might be able to use next season.
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ok guys good season and I would say one of the most competitive yet. Congrats to Bonus, Stu and Neishy for taking out the top 3 steps. Well done everyone else for turning up, there performance and sporting conduct this season.

Last race, well I had a decent 1st stint keeping up with barra and aussie but struggled with the fronts like a few others towards the end of it. By lap 5 odd i was starting to drop back into the clutches of miki who had a few early penalties, not to much later it was just like the old days again with the Carbon black 37 of m1k on my bumper. I wasnt feeling pacey and was struggling with my turn in onto the back straight, evtually miki got me and I pitted a couple of seconds behind him.
    2nd stint I got a penalty and lost miki, The next lap I got O"rougue (whateva called) flat out and was on a cracker lap, caught up to miki but lost it at the last flat out corner fishing tailing all the way to the chicane ruining my tyres. Spewing cause reckon would of been on a :29 or even :28 maybe.... definatly would of been my best lap.

Had no chance to catch back up to miki after as I shedded my tyres, had lonley drive keeping an eye on veno N stu.

Now Im gonna drop a bomb shell with all the talk of download speed ect in the past, I didnt want to mention it before as I thought ud all panic :p

Test run on [*06/12/2011*] @ [*06:06 PM*])]

[(Mirror: [*Telstra Bigpond*]
    Data: [*3 MB*]
    Test Time: [*6.08 secs*])]

[(Your line speed is [*4.03 Mbps*] (4026 kbps).
    Your download speed is [*503 KB/s*] (0.49 MB/s). )]

Upload Test

Results

You uploaded 1 MB bytes in 15.7 seconds.

kbps: 534.75
    KB/s: 66.84
    Mbps: 0.53

lolz. I ping really good though to Aussie servers when PC gaming, but my bandwidth is not good for host say CoD games on xbox. As the packets are larger, GT5 uses relitivly small packets. Im about 4.5 from exchange on ADSL 2 plan but maybe on old DSLAM (or what they called).....read about it once, as I get better speed on my old speedtouch 530 modem than I do a new billion.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Tek, given that i dont understand anything you just said, does it mean that i can blame you for holding me up on the line last week......(i am not even going to think what neishy will say !!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No cause I didnt host :p
    I ran the room but I left and rejoined during practice.....heheh

I think the only person that seemed to have any issues was Cob but because it wasnt wide speed I couldnt attribute to me. Other than a couple needing a reset to join a few times, seemed solid all season. No hangs ect.
  14. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: :lol: fun STU. but i'd like to know why the hell is Tek on my bloody server ( Aussie servers )
    thats why my bill is so god dam high!!!!!!!! :p :lol:
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Fair point tek.........pass the blame to barra, any real captain would shoulder the blame though !!!!!! I think you had too many pings or pongs or whatever you called them and put them in his room !!!! :D
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hahahaaa! That's a comic gem right there Stu, I shouldn't be laughing so hard this early in the morning, it's just not good for my hair!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.