Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, well done on the pole Miki - you got me by about .02
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WOW suprisingly i got 3rd. didn't think i'd be that far up the ladder, enjoyable result for fighting the mid pace, which i will say good racing and keeping it clean as possible; stu, veno and miki had a great battle.
    congrats 2 the race winners bonus, rico.
    bonus AGAIN for the round win
    and miki for pole position
    well done 2 all the boys top clean round again.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    anyone turned any laps at Daytona yet.....

i did some last night and ran mid 56s with a little improvement i think to come. The infield is narrow, but flowing and the corners are wide enough to make a pass under braking. drivers should keep in mind though that there are plenty of 'safe' places to pass with the long banked straights. 22 laps.......1 stop or 2?

start will be interesting on the banking, i think this will be another cracker of a race

i will be on tonight if anyone wants to join.

Cheers
    Stu
  4. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

i did some and got 1.54,505 i feel 53,s are there
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Stu, going on how rooted my tyres were after 12 laps at Indy, I'm thinking I may need to do 2 stops, given that this is a lot longer lap and almost twice the distance, I'll run a race distance sometime this week, will be interesting to see the results, I need the experience as I missed the first race of the season and Indy was a sprint.

Blueyonder, I did about 10 laps last night and got down to 53.8 or 9, not sure, so I'm thinking Fryz will be low 53's.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    in the high 53s is very fast.....i really struggled with the non existent brake marker into the back chicane, am sure there is time to be made up there, and the right hander after the fast left sweeper in the infield was costing me time....guess its only a couple of spots i am losing time, given most of the lap is full throttle.

i might do a race distance tonight and see what happens, i did monza with no stop, and the tires were a bit knackered at the end, so will have to weigh that one up.

Should be a good race i think
  7. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I couldn't remember the layout of the track off the top of my head but it came back to me pretty quickly, I remember in Prologue there was a challenge where you had to come through the field in a couple of laps in an F40, I was stuck on it for ages, using a DS3 at the time that turbo V8 was a nightmare, so I have had a bit of time at Daytona in the past, a few corners it's tough to work out the best line but it will come to you man, just persist and those times will fall.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Prologue > Daytona Road > Chev Corvette on N3 tyres online event.. epic. :D
    Lots of time to be made up through getting that back chicane right and back on the power early for the final straight indeed.
  9. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I did about 25 laps at Daytona , so far I like alot more than indy. Did a 22 lap run without pitting for a tyre test. From my caculations there not alot of diference in a pit or no pit strat.

I did a 53.2 after finally pitting for some fresh rubber as I was "in tune" with the track after doing so many laps.

Also got some early practice as I know im gonna struggle to touch GT5 once BF3 is out.
  12. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

i did about 10 laps to see how the car and track was lastnight, and got a 1 52 7 so far, so a 52 time is doable :D

its weird how all divisions were having troubles at the same time on sunday. i tried to get in but kept getting disconnected myself, which never really happens anymore
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Jezza get out! haha! 52.7 is ridiculous, and your using a dualshock, I hate you :p

PS - I don't actually hate you :lol:
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, Im stuffed. I did 10 or so laps last night and got a 1'56.somethingcrap. The tyres were past their best by the time i got a handle on a couple of braking points, but fresher tyres are only going to be good for 1-1.5 sec. Still have no clue on braking for the bus stop. Yay for monotonous landscape!
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    gee that's a shame Barra !! (am sure you will be on the pace come race time)

Jezza, how the hell do you do a 52.7........i just dont get how fast some of you guys are in div 1....crazy.
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Thanks Stu, I really hope so. If i can get to 1'54, the slipstream should look after the rest. Hopefully.
    I struggle at this track - I never owned prologue and it doesn't feature all that heavily in GT mode so have had f-all practice at it.
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm gonna hit Daytona for some practice tonight, absolute no doubt whatsoever I will lap in 1 minute and 52 seconds flat, haha! Of course that will not actually happen and I will be overjoyed if I can go 1:53 flat :begins prayers:
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    might join you mate..ran just a few laps with chev last night and just have to get my head around the bus stop then might be ok
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Too easy Stu, can you remember what sort of times Chev was running?

Edit: Can't remember if I've added you yet or not, if not, add SNAKEiSM, cheers mate.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    chev was running mid 53s, with room for improvement he said......

I was running low 54s, with prob about 3/4 sec improvement at best. Losing heaps at the bus stop. Keen to do some race lengths so i can work out if i need to stop or not, thinking i will pit given this is a longer race than monza, and i only just got it home then without pitting. the good thing though is that tyre wear seems to be very even, but i havent done a long run yet with my limited practice

If you want to add me, stuart170773

cheers
    stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.