Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

DAmn M1k stole the fatest lap, well done. I thought I had a shot at it untill I heard bonuses time. Didnt do my fast lap till lap 14 odd when I had a nice gap till catching me up to the Annon, aussie M1k train that was in front.

Happy enough im starting to get a bit of pace with the car, I think pretty much anyone from Div 2 can win a round or get a podium if they keep it on the black stuff....were all pretty close.

If you guys refer to the bus stop as the 1st chicane on the back straight, then yea I took that in 4 th gear but was conservertive a few times.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done lads. Apologies for the odd bump and grind here and there, but I don't think I had more than 2 or 3 laps of that race alone. I seemed to be constantly in traffic. The last few laps were pretty tough in my beast, fronts were going and everyone was closing in...Barra in front and Tek,Miki,Aussie behind. Going through the bus stop on the final lap all hell broke loose, I tried going in slow and aimed to exit hard. All I managed to do was smash straight into Aussie. Not sure if it was my fault as too much was going on in front of me, but I pulled over and gave him the position back anyway.

If anyone watches the replay (I forgot to save it in my haste to see the end of the F1), but watch my pitstop at the end of lap 10. The boys put my tyres on and then everyone stands up and.....nothing, about 10 seconds of the camera panning around my car??? Will have to get a new pitcrew, those guys are hopeless!!!
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I was wondering what the hell happened at the bus stop! Will have to have a look at it tonight. Some sort of braking reference point for that corner would be handy. Dont know about anyone else, but I must have coasted into the chicane on 15 of the 22 laps because I was on the brakes too early.

Did you enter the pits too hot? That happened to me once when I sailed into the pits too quick
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

RE: the last lap I went into the bus stop behind Aussie with annon and barra behind me
    , Aussie took a tight entry as he had me on his right and went wide onto the grass. His rears started going and I could see his car turning to come back on track, I just made it pass before his car came back on., most likely then anon got tangled up with him. So wasnt your fault annon, racing incident as far I saw.

Thats how I saw it anyway. Didnt see what happened behind me after I went passed, didnt look back.
  5. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Congratulations Bonus and Neishy for the one two!!
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Wow, fastest lap. I'm stunned. After my embarassing spin off the bus stop and shredding tyres doing burnouts to get back on the track, I pitted and said ":):):):) the tyres, i'm going for it". I didn't even notice the lap times. I was a bit scared about the last lap incident that I caught up. I assumed all those involved were trying to redress some incident and I went flying through stealing 6th off Barra after being nearly last for most of the race. Also Anon scared the :):):):) out of me exiting the pits cause I was so focused. How silly. :) My strategy was a no-stopper cause the tyres would should have made it.
    Good fun.
    I see the mid season form kicking in Tek........look out everyone :D
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I saw Anon coming out the pits as I was coming out behind him, I was gutted when I came out the pits and saw all these cars in front of me half of them on older rubber but not old enough to totally slow them down. I knew you and chaos had yet to pit. My stratergist totally let me down, barring the fact I dont have one and I cant spell stratergist :p

Na the only form I found was not out braking myself, still one off/spin. Got at least one penalty too, it was pretty harsh on the entry to the 2nd part of the bus stop.

But thats one for team Grey :)

No drama just add me PSN tekNiqueAU (using those upper n lower cases)

I host, room is generally open 7-7:10pm Sunday Adelaide time CDT. If you could take out one of the lead drivers that be great :p
  8. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Just for everybody's information upper/lower case doesn't matter when adding friends, in fact you know you got it right when you enter it and it puts the capitals in for you. Wow what a race last night, can't believe I went so well on the controller. Well done to everyone
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea Nieshy impressive performances from team NOS lately across the board. Well done.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Great race that one had pressure all race. Great race stue wasn't much in it all race and Neishy good stuff on the controller, that old wheel been holding you back, lets hope they get your new wheel sorted out soon. Teck you had some speed and i thought you were going to get away at the start, little mistakes on this track can take a big hit on your lap time. great lap time miki i thought this would be the supra scenario where you pip me in the end, but it was neishy coming fast at the end, i made a little mistake leaving the bus stop and clipped a 2 sec penalty, but was still enough to hold out for the win by just 2 seconds. That bus stop hard enough at the best of times, when the pressures on it so much harder to keep it fast through there, i made my only mistakes there and it was the same thing twice on exit.
    Good racing and pacing from all again, been a great season so far and feeling a bit privileged to be at the top with the pace of the majority of the field. I'm sure there will be some fierce contests to the end and anyone can win it this season.
    Greet effort in the fastest laps Div 2, 5 of the top 10 lap times this week wooo hoooo.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was a good race bonus, thought with about 6 to i was catching you and might get on your tail, but you must have made a small mistake somewhere for the gap to get to 3 secs, then you stretched it out again.....i had nothing left.

I think the car / tire combo is perfect this series, with the no pit, pit strategy being very close.

Cote will be interesting, be prepared for follow the leader. I ran some laps last night with a mate and the bad news is that the chicane after the tunnel doesnt appear to have any penalties attached to it if you cut. (not suggesting that anyone would do that intentionally BTW).

Very hard to pass, qually will be really important.....looking forward to it.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah bring on monaco love that track hope i can polish up on the :):):):)ty position of 8th. abit unhappy O'well. :p
    i 've done heaps of laps around monaco so hope it pays off with a podium finish need some points to get back up the ladder. might jump on tonight and get room going, not sure what time but.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Thanks for the session last night Aussie and Nieshy, was good, 25 laps round there is certainly going to be interesting, and strategy is going to play a big part in the result i reckon.

Aussie has the target on his back this round, was VERY quick last night, even on old rubber........just hope he gets distracted during the race when the bub needs a feed and the missus gets the cans out :D :D

Stu
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  15. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Stu, you need to change your profile. It says you 'podium thief' in season 5. No way mate. You've earned every podium, every point.
    I, on the other hand. Need to convert a bloody front row start (3 from 3) to something better soon. I'm damn lucky to be in 3rd in standings at the moment.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol, kind of you to say miki, but realistically i was a little lucky to get third last race...looking at the pace of yourself, tek and aussie, you guys were much faster than me, it was a combination of traffic, and my no stop "driving miss daisy" approach that got me home in the end. (not to mention i took your advice and am keeping it on the black stuff better !!)

Really enjoying the racing though, the guys have done a great job matching the car / circuit / laps so that different strategies work.

i reckon monaco is going to be a ripper race
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: :lol: funny man but the thing is i'm not allowed near them :( but thats ok, i really don't want fight bubs for the cans,
    bubs Kung-fu my ass man. :lol:
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Cyas tonight fellas, I havent done any practice this week so expect to be off the pace. Good luck all.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Barra is crowned king of monaco. Congrats.

Preliminary results

1 Barra
    2 Bonus
    3 Anon
    4 Nieshy
    5 Veno
    6 Stu
    7 M1k
    8 Aussie
    9 Tek
    10 Rico
    11 Chaos
    12 Comb

Great turn out. Only 2 missing Dimplz and timmo

Race report later.
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    oooh nice one Barra! Do you remember the last time at Monaco? Season 2 in the Castrol Supra haha...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.