Battlefield 3 - who's getting it? for which platform?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KoAStR, Oct 25, 2011.

1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I did a quick comparison between ultra and high settings. It still looks great on high. So for a solid 50fps I could put up with mear "high" settings.

Still, I- need to check what frames im getting. I might turn off the blur effect too, it looks cool, but could get annoying and will probably gain some fps by turning it off.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice review there Snake. I think I've got 8GB which should see me sweet for a while too.
    Same thing with the i5 vs i7 CPU's me thinks... nothing out there game wise that fully utilizes the i5 yet let alone the i7 as far as I know... i7 at the moment is really only a requirement where your running multiple OS or bulk video editing/rendering. But who know's what's around the corner.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah I can tell the difference when I'm looking at the fps up in the corner Outta. I want 100 fps, and i'll get it. It runs at well over 100 fps indoors, but drops down to 70 or so in the heated action outdoors. It's alright I guess.
  4. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Just picked my copy up this afternoon. I dont want to go to work tomorrow now haha.
    Anyone else playing on ps3?
  5. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    yeah im on ps3
  6. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

ive got bf3 on pc. pretty disapionted. im a big battlefield fan. but the maps r so crap. im finding it hard to enjoy the game.
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

The maps are fantastic! And yeah Snake, I had to go back to CAP2, CAP3 was causing some stuttering as you said. I took a big framerate drop by doing so though.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah mate, I was reading that AMD recommend that you run the 11.10 V3 preview driver with no CAP's until the full 11.10 release, but then I'm assuming you won't be utilising crossfire and will take a performance hit, apparently they're working on a new set of CAP's which will resolve the stuttering issue anyway, hopefully that'll be ready by the time 11.10 rolls around, which is supposed to be October 31st.

To be honest I didn't really notice any stuttering on my system, if there was any it was obviously too minor to effect the gameplay experience, with that said, I'll be sticking with 11.9 and CAP3 until AMD get their :):):):) sorted :lol:
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm still getting some sputtering but it isn't as bad as before. I'm loving what they have done with the engine though, it looks fantastic. I've noticed the sound effects are quite nice also. I've only played multiplayer, probably will never touch the campaign tbh.
  10. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Yeah its a multiplayer game, i aint even gunna touch the single player.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Apparently the visuals are slightly more demanding in the campaign Chev, I think they've toned back things like foliage (and possibly other things) in multi to reduce visibility issues and to make smooth frame rates easier to achieve, I remember in BC2 people would drop the graphics settings back because on highest there were too many tree's and bushes around and people running lower settings were actually at an advantage, imagine hiding in a shrub thinking your opponent can't see you when in actual fact they're running low and the shrub your hiding in isn't even there on their screen, haha, gotcha!
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Did some shooting with Chev last night. Having done an hour or two of the single player.. It's not bad, but it doesn't really prepare you for multiplayer.

Struggled pretty hard, there is always someone shooting you from somewhere. I think I died 3 times before I even saw an enemy. Quite a few team kills don't help either, of which I did a few too... Accidentally dropped a nade on 2 of my teammates...

Desperately need to learn the maps a bit better, after I spawn I don't know which way the enemy are most likely coming from.

I think my BF3 on my PC is CPU limited in its gfx as I was only getting about 40fps outside on high settings. It is a 3-4 year old CPU. I overclocked it a bit from 3ghz to 3.5ghz and it has helped a little I think.
  13. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Got this on xbox 360 yesterday, mainly because my mates are all on the 360. Lots of fun so far, I didn't play the last bf so everything is new for me which makes it extra epic. Add me ;)
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Got it on ps3
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

True Snake, yeah I remember the days of BF2...oh the horror...
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's good. I hear the campaign is glitched and currently unbeatable with a 'ghost shooter' at some point...
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Been playing on PC hasnt grabed with the "OMG i must play this game 5hrs a day its so awesome" but its been ok.
    Up to lvl 10 using support mainly, started with assault but used that in the beta so trying something different.

Unlocked the mortars the other day, there no where near as powerful as ppl say. Takes ages to find a good position to use, has limited range and its hard to hit your targets if there moving or indoors and you cant tell.

Sat on in for like 30mins and got 3 kills.....overrated!

Add me on PC tekNiqueAU
  18. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I'm hooked on MP. been playing all weekend and improving heaps now.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    5hrs a day, jezus, I used to play COD 6 or 7 hours a day. I was an ADDICT, Not these days though.
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I've put about 14 hours into it since release, so not too hardcore. I'm almost level 15 and I've played the engineer about 50% of the time and the other 3 about equal for the other 50%. I'm going fairly well, having alot of fun playing with my buddies in a squad. I spend most of my time in vehicles, mainly tanks. I love tanks, lol.