Battlefield 3 - who's getting it? for which platform?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KoAStR, Oct 25, 2011.

1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Well i bought it anyways :p I have only played BF 2 ages ago, and I aquired that questionably.

Got it for PC, add me on Origin "OuttaAngst".

PS. if you didn't know its due for release tomorrow. But someone broke the embargo so everyone is selling it now (I got mine from jb hifi)
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm talking about mw3!.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh....sorry...
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Geez takes like 2 hours to install off the DVD's. I wonder if there will be multiplayer servers up considering its not 'released' until tomorrow.
  5. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Awww
    This application cannot be used until the official release date has been reached. Please wait until the official release date and restart the application at that time. Click 'Exit' to abort the process.

Please visit the support website to get more information: http://eauk.custhelp.com

Your release date will be: Thursday, 27 October 2011, 00:00
  6. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Oh thats only 3 hours away. Sweet!
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

mmmm you know how I said it took 2 hours to install... thats because I downloaded it. Even though I said to install from the DVD. Lucky i have 100GB in my quota.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i have it on order for ps3. Missus would cut my nuts out if i got another platform. I thought the first 2 were good, but i sucked with the online part of it.......keen to blow the crap out of some stuff with some of you guys if your interested...just have to get my hands on it. Got it from an online site, much cheaper, but not sure how long i have to wait....
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Man I thought you might have just been exaggerating a bit, after it installed Origin on mine, it started the install of Battlefield and was going at about 10-15MB/sec so was definately not downloading but was still slow, probably took a bit over 20 minutes.

After doing that release date check I decided I had to hit the sack or I'd be rooted at work and not have the go for the gym, unfortunately now, work shall be very slooooow today.

Outta, I'll add you on Origin bud.
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Yeah im played heaps last night..love it
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Anyone running the PC version able to max it out? If so, what be your hardware? Just looking to get an idea of how it may run on my system..
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I have a E8400 (dual core @ 3ghz), 4gb RAM, ATI6950 1GB running on win 7 64bit.

It suggests "high" settings, I tried ultra but with the AA and AF turned down a little. I would say its playable on the old "playable" scale of 20+fps (I used to play counterstrike with about 15fps... :S), probably not hitting the current playable scale of 50-60fps.

It was definitely a little smoother on "high" settings.
  13. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cheers mate, well that's better than I'd expected tbh, I'm running an i7 930 with 12GB RAM and an HD5970, if I can avg 30 odd I may live with it for the campaign and turn it down to high for multi, see how I go, will let you know frame rates when I finally get to fire it up.

Btw Outta, are you running Catalyst 11.10? I'm on 11.9 with the CAP3 crossfire profiles installed so BF3 actually uses both cores of my graphics card but apparently 11.10 has further performance gains for Battlefield 3.

Edit: The official release of 11.10 hasn't happened yet so the preview driver would be the only way to go, might just wait myself.
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I did the 11.9 upgrade last night. So would be interested in the 11.10 performance gains!
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good updates - Screen shots?
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm getting 70-80 fps everything maxed out using 11.9 and cap 3. I was expecting more tbh. Hopefully 11.10 gets me up closer to 100. I'm running crossfired HD6970s, i7 950, 12 gig of ram. All watercooled.....ohhh yaaaa.
  18. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Getting any stuttering Chev? I was just reading that CAP3 is causing some severe stuttering with multi gpu setups..
  19. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol why do you guys have 12GB of RAM. I still haven't seen anything use up 4GB.

Also Chev I doubt anyone can actually tell the difference between 80 and 100fps whilst playing. Don't be disappointed you 'only' get a solid 70-80 on maxed settings.
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    In my case I intend on going through an upgrade phase early next year (CPU and GPU, water cooling if required) and you never know, once that gear gets on a bit it may actually be handy to have more than 6GB, particularly if the next gen consoles roll around within that time, which is more than likely (I'm talking 2 years here), I had the money to spend so I thought why pussyfoot around when I can go crazy and never have to buy any more RAM for the life of the system, I mean, on the X58 platform, RAM wasn't going to advance anymore so why not, it didn't cost me a great deal extra.

Also, if you can notice the difference between 80 and 100 FPS your officially considered a freak of nature :p
    I'm getting 50-60 in indoor area's and dropping to 35-40 in busy outdoor scene's, all ultra, pretty happy with that actually, didn't expect for it to be playable let alone quite comfortably playable, sure, it would be great to be getting 60+ constantly but hey, I'm not gonna rush out to replace my 5970 when it's coping pretty well, can't wait for 11.10 now, even more reason to wait for the 7000's and 600's, label me a happy camper!