GT6 Division 5 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    You don't have to use RS at all if you think you can get through a race without pitting. The only point is that if you do use RS tires you can only use them once in the race
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I was wondering why you went into the pits, i thought you were getting fuel
  3. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Enough in the tank for a few more laps.
    Overworked and tired I guess. Erred on the side of caution as I thought everyone else pitted and went softs early on, hence why I was in 2nd lol Anyhow bring on SLEEP! ;)
    webnomad likes this.
  4. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I had the same problem Castro, pitted early for softs, figured I'd get that out the way, (worst idea EVER!!!) & hadn't done any testing in the wet, I was hoping softs would be better. Did one very slow, all over the place lap on them, pitted again for wets but the damage was done. Rather than just staying on track I tried catching up (equal worst idea EVER!!!), spent more time mowing the grass than on track, everyone lapped me & I think Copper & Sooby lapped me twice!!!

On a brighter note no work today so stayed up for some Silverstone practice. Managed a few 2:09's on softs & a 2:12 on hards running the manual gear shifter, (I usually do auto), LOOKOUT NEXT WEEK, the Cat is coming!!!!
    webnomad and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    First off Sorry to the guys who ran laps with soft tires on as I thought everyone new that you didn't have to use them.

Soft tires are there as an option tire. If you can run a race without pitting then you can complete the race on RH tires, If you do use softs in a race you can only use them for one stint

My Race Report
    After practicing the other day I was not liking the track at all as i just couldn't get into a rhythm and I had no idea what I was going to do for a pit strategy as both practice sessions I did had different weather scenarios.

qualy went well with the track staying at 0% rain and I managed to take pole with a 1:19.408

Managed to get of the line okay with nathancarhead and sooby close behind, copped a lag punt from nathancarhead and I thought my race was gone as he jumped in front of me and then all i saw was smoke and his blue suby jumping all over the show.

By T2 nathancarhead was in the wall and sooby had grabbed the lead so the chase was on to catch and hopefully pass him, After following sooby for a few laps he eventually made an error and i managed to slip passed him.

I think i pitted around lap 6 as the rain was increasing at the hard tires were getting a bit slippery so I took a punt and put full wets on hoping that the track would keep getting wetter and stay there, and it worked.

Managed to stay on track the whole race and and keep consistent laps times and eventually started pulling a gap back to second. Started catching back markers and that made it interesting as the spray made the turn in points hard to see.

Thanks to these guys for letting me through unscathed :thumbsup:

Well done to sooby and webnomad for podium finishes as well

The championship fight is Alive @PurpleDog :D
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Hoggy33

Hoggy33 New Recruit

PSN ID
    hoggy_33
    Room up if anyone has time
  8. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not sure if i will be available for racing this weekend. My English class has decided that we should all play laser tag to wrap up our Yr12 studies, and then decided Sunday night was a good time to do it. Will no more details by tomorrow or Saturday and will confirm it then.

If I don't race on Sunday, I'm pretty sure that mathematically knocks me out of being able to win the championship, which sucks, but oh well. racing for pride thereafter.
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I'm out for the next 2 races. I will be on night shift for the both of them. Good luck for the rest of the season to everyone.
  10. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I will be racing tonight, laser tag got moved to during the week. Looking forward to having some battles with you all tonight
  11. Hoggy33

Hoggy33 New Recruit

PSN ID
    hoggy_33
    Whos hosting tonight?
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    @pat65 usually hosts. If hes not about then we will go with @ dev1lman
  13. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Sorry guys. I'm here with beer
  14. Hoggy33

Hoggy33 New Recruit

PSN ID
    hoggy_33
    Kool when is room going up?
  15. Petros1ns

Petros1ns New Recruit

PSN ID
    Petros1ns
    Lagged out lap 4 :( apologises to Collin50, devman an your self glitched and we went straight into eachtoher I think didn't really see odd track really tricky.. Looking forward to next week Best wishes for tonight's race.. Fellas
  16. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Awesome racing tonight. It's the reason i keep on coming back week after week. had a bad quali, started 5th. moved up to 3rd, then to a low of 6th, all on lap 1. was involved in a 4 way battle for 3rd with hoggy, big beast and purple up until lap 12 when i made my stop. after the stop i kept going strong, moved by sooby into 3rd and seemed to have it all wrapped up, and then purple came storming by to take 3rd from me with just over a lap to go, and so i dropped to finish in 4th. was absolutely insane crazy close racing tonight and it showed when big beast, purple and i finished together separated by about half a second.

P.S sorry about my mic tonight guys. I had turned the mic off before the race started, but my mic played up and seemed to turn itself back on again. I'll cop a penalty if necessary.
  17. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Unfortunately arrived late, missed getting a hot lap in QF by about 20 seconds. So started in last position, 13th on the grid. Carnage at the the back of the pack on lap one. Created a massive gap. Fought my way to catch the back of the front pack...and coming out of pits I think I was around 5th position and feeling good. But got disconnected. Gutted.
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    @emmo46,@Hatfield will post fastest laps tomorrow arvo after work.
    There were a couple of dsc's. Ill check the order of them tomorrow as well
    Pole went to copperj32
    Race result:
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    It was on all race Nathan. Again.
  20. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member