[COMPLETE] ROOZ AC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sun Levi

Sun Levi Rookie

Thanks for the guys, well done to the top 3 :thumbsup: I was pretty lucky to finish where I started :roflmao:

[​IMG]
    Anon666, Cherno, Mael and 3 others like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Loving the post race pics @Sun Levi keep 'em coming :)
    Spot the bimmer in the top one. The bottom shot is class ;) (Go team TB!)
    Sun Levi likes this.
  3. Casper

Casper Rookie

Thanks @Anon666 for the organisation.
    Had my best race ever tonight. Third for me in this field is crazy. Wouldn't have been any near without setup help from my captain @Cherno . Thanks for sharing mate. Don't be shy in the coming weeks. I need all the help I can get.
    Got lucky with a couple of mishaps for @krunch and @Rotor_86AU but my pace was decent too so I am thrilled to bits.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Cherno, Anon666, KoAStR and 1 other person like this.
  4. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Congrats to QC, Pete and Ash. Thanks for a great race div 2 guys! Very happy with my 4th tonight after spinning at turn 1 on the 1st lap and coming back from 14th. Thanks to teammates tovey and rotor for the setup tips. Also lovin the speedwise.de results page!
  5. Casper

Casper Rookie

Oh,I forgot in my excitement. Well done @KoAStR and @Steve Crossland on the top two finish. Too quick for me tonight.
    Steve Crossland likes this.
  6. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Man I had late-race speed and was closing the gap to Koastr but in the end had to conserve fuel.
    Some much needed points for Team TB.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yep. I will update tables once @Anon666 sends me the confirmed results via PM
  8. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well...

My race went from bad, to worse to I don't even want to talk about it! :(

With 60kg added ballast, I did better than expected in Qualifying putting it 5th however I ruined the start and bogged getting swamped into the first corner, I thought its ok i will be able to recover, however I got a light tap from my rear right and spun me... All I hear is this Cherno Voice (Ohhhh Im sorry) hahaha, Being the only one, I thought of it as a challenge to come charging from the back... Made my way up into 10th and I was really enjoying the battling! was thinking one of the best races!!! then it happened! I got a run on Anon through the chicane onto the straight, but ate way too much kerb on the exit, the car bounced and spun me! ugh, to the back of the grid again... I put my head down and started to reel in the field again, I came up the back of Stiggy? He did a me on the exit of the kerb, spun his car I had no where to go but onto the grass... I started to get on the gas and pushed me into the barrier and fell through a hole in the map, and back to the pits..... Oh man..
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well what can I say... highs and lows. I was stoked to get my first Pole at ROOZ. The times were sooo close but there I was at the top :) - good feeling.

The race didn't go to plan.

I had a good start and managed to grab a bit of a cushion during the first lap. I was planning to try to stay out front and preserve the tyres but I knew with a bunch of fast guys behind me it was going to be a fight. Unfortunately it all came undone on lap 4 at turn 1 when Tovey hit me in the rear and we both spun. Not sure exactly what happened as I didn't see him coming, but I wasn't expecting a car to be there. It was early in the race and I was just keeping it smooth so I guess he over committed into T1 and couldn't stop. I was gutted but tried to recover. Unfortunately I wasn't racing well after that and I spun Cyber at T1 in a similar fashion to how I'd been spun, losing us both more positions. I battled with Cyber and Cherno for some laps, hit Cyber again while trying a move at the end of the back straight, redressed, then later Cherno hit him at the same spot and I slipped past both of them. That put me up to 5th and had a ding dong battle with Frostwa for a few laps, but my tyres suddenly dropped off and I found myself under pressure from Cherno. With only a handful of laps to go I cracked, hitting the big uphill curb that leads onto the pit straight and spun off into the wall. I ended up having to settle for 7th.

So I'm disappointed at the result but I can still see the positives. Well done to Koaster, Steve and Jamie, and go Turtle Beachers!

Congrats to the Div 2 Podium getters too - QC, Pete and Ash.
  10. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Race was good fun,
    Showing good pace in the lead up to qualy but didn't quite get it altogether in the actual session. Still I was around 6th or something like that, can't remember. My start was ok & I was able to put my Merc up the inside going into T1. Got through there cleanly & was in either 4th or 5th place at that time. Coming around to T1 there was a spin & I had to go around to avoid getting caught up in it & possibly getting damage. Passed the spinners but also lost a couple of spots and was back to 5th place. Next lap around a similar incident happened & I went off track again to avoid damage. This item I came out in 3rd place Behind Jamie. Race - on! I chased Jamie hard for most of the first half of the race & I could see Koastr slowly opening up his gap out in front. I took my time & found my rhythm, then started putting in consistent laps to try to keep the pressure on Jamie. Eventually I came close enough to push an error & it came exiting the final turn. Even with less power I was able to get alongside & take the inside line into T1. Up in to 2nd place. With lapped drivers starting to come up I was watching the Gap to Koastr & slowly chipping away. Started at 8 seconds & by lap 30 I had it under 3 seconds with a best time of 1m19.1 - still a way off Koastr's fast lap but I had awesome consistency. That was when I realised I was very close on fuel & made the decision to back off & conserve. Came home a solid 2nd & Turtle Beach takes the 1-2 points.
    Good to have ex-SRoZ mates in the team & these guys should add some serious clout to Team TB.
    Merc was good here, but I'm sure it will suffer once we hit some of the horsepower circuits
    Casper, Pete, Sun Levi and 2 others like this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea nice race @Steve Crossland close enough to keep me guessing and driving honest laps throughout. I saw you had the highest consistency stat. ;) Thanks @Casper , nice work from you too I had to keep an eye on you for a while putting some pressure on that gap for a while.

I was happy to qual 3rd in the beamer, not quite my best time but close enough to be quite satisfied with it and positioned for a good race. Was just keeping in touch with the top two, hoping tyre management might see me be able to challenge later in the race but really not knowing how the beamer was going to stack up against the mercs for the long haul. Was surprised to be gifted the lead as tovey and krunch spun, and lucky not to get caught up in it. From there I focused on making the most of good tyres while they lasted trying to create a buffer for when they went off. Was especially worried about the rears going off early or not sustaining enough temp in the fronts. Steve was catching me towards the end but not fast enough. Pretty happy with the race pace I managed to sustain, apart from a couple of minor lapses.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Anon666 likes this.
  12. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    I had an especially great race, enjoyed all of it even the 'binning x2'. Qualified 8th out of 15 starters, for me that is impressive. Great start surviving T1, and through chicane on to the back straight to find myself running 4th. Thinking 'oh crap never been this high up before must keep a cool head.' Was behind Ash and S-Close (I think) duelling so just waited until one finished on the grass.......it happened so now I'm in 3rd.......then the first of the 'kissing the wall' incidents finding myself back in 10th. Had a good time 'trying' to chase down 'drift' but he was too good for the likes of myself, Finishing the race in 11th I had a great night of racing. Thanks to all look forward to Monday at Zandvoort.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

@Hatfield Love the Tables.

Well done Team Turtle Beach to get on top.

Really enjoyed the Race, Qualied with a PB of 1.19:6 but was still 1.5 sec of pole. Managed to get from Last to 8th by the midway point but had some pressure from behind and outbraked myself at turn 4 and fell back 7 spots :(. Came unstuck a few times to try get back but no joy.
    I've never really been one to turn a heap of laps, but since coming here and seeing the competition. I have managed to get quite a number of laps down ea week. Really enjoying the competitiveness and learning more about AC from my Team and getting good setup advice as well.

Look forward to Round 3 and put some practice to good use hopefully.
  15. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

For a first race I wasn't expecting much, especially joining the day of the race and attending with no practice. With some help from Steve I was able to be as quick as the fast guys, but without being able to put in a good lap I qualified poorly. The race only got worse from there for me as I went with the mediums, not knowing how to softs would go. From the start I gained a few spots, but gave them back due to struggling on the mediums. I had a spin trying a bit too hard and eventually blew the gearbox without warning.
    Thanks to the rest of the field for welcoming me in and for the race. I know now what the competition is going to be like and with a bit more practice and proper strategy I know I can challenge for the win. Excited for the next round and hopefully I can annoy Steve like old times :laugh:.

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Casper, Cyber_STIG_77 and c4rLo5 like this.
  16. Shampwho

Shampwho Rookie

is there a team chat for team hi tec oils?
  17. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Yep, check your inbox mate up the top left corner :)
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    @Anon666 , any news on the next track for tonight's testing?
  19. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Zandvoort next week i think, server should be up mate.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks Cherno, will jump in tonight to get a feeling of the track.

Merc or bimer track this one?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.