[COMPLETE] ROOZ AC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  2. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Be happy to not Race at Zandvoort again.
    Could not get anywhere near the Top 10 at all in regards to time. I think I Qualied 4.5 sec off the Pole.
    Had the wrong Gearing and lost too much off the Start.
    Could have been a few spots better but got 1 kerb too much and spun, loosing about 10 sec by the time I got back going.
    After the Pit Stop the Car felt better but my best laptime was only a 1.54 so was never in the Race.
    The Beemer was too wild to tame for me, the Merc on the Other hand, I went out after and was able to go 1 sec quicker..

Well done to the Winner Rotor, Sun Levi and Cherno.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Anon666, Cherno and Sun Levi like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fun race but a performance to forget :rolleyes:

Quali'd about where I thought I would given the car and ballast (which was costing me ~1s). Had a good fun first few laps in a sea of TTB team mates swapping a few possies @Steve Crossland and @Frostwa - was gonna give you a 'shake n bake' steve, gift you T1 entry after a draft on the straight but I messed up second to last corner and you were beside me down the straight.

@Casper was putting on some good pressure about lap 7 for a few and I was abusing my tyres in response. :whistling:
    Finally that caught up with me with a lapse in picking the brake marker and a big moment into the chicane, Jamie got passed, and @Shaun_A was challenging into the second to last bend. I went too tight on the apex giving room, and the front wheel on the curb with hot rears spun me again loosing several more positions. :oops: Fortunately kept both incidents off the wall but thought it best to cut losses with tyres now super hot and pit early.

Now at the back of the pack I took mediums not being confident softs would go 14 laps. With stops picked up a few possies and ended up 11th. Had an awesome battle with @Pringles_947 as he pulled out from the pits about 5 laps later. With @Fargonz joining the fray another 5 or so laps later, and me on old mediums and ballast, it was the hardest fought 11th placing I've had :confused: :).

Grats to the podium and kudos @krunch keeping Team TB in the top 5 ;)
    krunch, Anon666, Cherno and 3 others like this.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol good race, after two good starts the first two times which were both restarted, i fluffed up the third after i took too much kerb at the first corner and then no restart, so that was that, somewhere in midfield with damage front and back but didnt seem to do much, main concern in second stint was gearbox so sortve cruised to the end, still not very used to manual gearbox, almost blew it but kept it in touch.
    WD to slasher (i think) who won
    Anon666, Cherno and Driftoz like this.
  5. Pete

Pete Rookie

6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. Peter Reid

Peter Reid New Recruit

After almost causing a monumental at Blackwood last round by flying sideway only feet from the lead pack, I decided it may be an idea to calm things down and run a steady pace well within my limits this round. This strategy seemed to pay off tonight with no contact or major offs to speak of. Tucked in behind Cyber, Steve and Krunch and more or less mirrored their pace for the first stint. Unfortunately made a noob mistake in the pits and went for a full tank of fuel making hard work to stay on the pace. Steve got by me on the inside into 1, to take 6th, but later had an off late in the race handing the place back. Overall i'm pleased to qualy 8th with a 51 flat, and finish 6th,my best result so far in the series.
    Anon666, krunch, Cherno and 3 others like this.
  8. Casper

Casper Rookie

Similar to @KoAStR in quali , first go with ballast. Found it a challenge and qualied around the mark I expected. Had a good start and got up to 8th enjoying some really close competition with those around me and then while trying to prepare for the dreaded pitstop I touched the grass and put the car hard into the wall on the last lap before the pitstop. Had a very long in lap then full repair left me there forever. Came out a distant 15th and made no impression for the rest of the race. Really struggled to maintain any pace after the pitstop. Pretty poor driving effort to be honest in the second half.
    Looking forward to a better result next week (and races without bloody pit stops)
    Anon666, krunch and Cherno like this.
  9. Pete

Pete Rookie

In div2 we had a bit of fun with the starts. Race got underway after the 3rd one, but that still wasn't 100% clean. At Zampi and I lost out on that one. Maybe I should have called another restart. Anyway the race pushed on. I got stuck back in traffic so I opted for an alternate strat, pit early, full it long and get in some good laps on a clear track. It worked out ok, got be from 12th to 9th after everyone else pitted.

The mix of ballast and car types is certainly keeping things interesting in div2.
    Anon666 likes this.
  10. Sun Levi

Sun Levi Rookie

First half of the race was pretty frustrating, had a pretty scary moment on lap 2 due to lag and smashed into the wall, was pretty lucky to be able to continue and maintained 3rd. The last half was great fun though, after putting on the new tyres I was able to catch up to @Cherno

Overall a great & lucky race for me :)
    [​IMG]
    Anon666, krunch, Mael and 5 others like this.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

nah all good, i get twitchy too easily lol, was pretty messy the whole race
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well!

From last weeks shocking race I came back with vengeance! :)

Still with a 30kg ballast I was determined to get a win!
    At the start of the week I was getting really frustrated in not having the car setup... I couldn't find the 1 lap setup for outright speed, so I turned my focus to race pace! And it seemed to pay off..

In qualifying I found pace somehow (thinking it was track grip) and ran a 50.2, my second hot lap I was on target for a 1:49.8xx but ended up binning it and putting it on P2.

Race was fairly straight forward, I slipped in behind Cherno, then settled down and started to put some pressure on him early. On lap 3 Cherno had a off and I had to dodge him, however wasn't a big issue. Able to get past and put a nice gap on him. I was able to have a stress free race without pushing! :)
    Anon666, Sun Levi, Driftoz and 3 others like this.
  13. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

That was fun, thanks guys, those stats are pretty amazing, it shows my decline very nicely, what happened on lap 19, every one caught up, not that it helped me, lol. 1st race start was amazing great take off, from last to 9th, dodged all the wrecks, restart, again great take off, got through the wrecks, restart, bad take off, got caught in Zampis fun, trying to avoid and hit the wall, race on. me and Kingy had some good racing which was nice i wasnt alone at the back. he would pull away, mistake i would catch, pass, my mistake, he would pass. Totally stuffed up the pit stop and didnt put enough fuel in, had never pitted b4 so had no idea what i was doing. had to pit again for more fuel with King 4 sec behind me, fighting for last place was fun. i might have held on if i didnt pit, as i never did all the laps but that was cool fun, and was stuffed afterwards, Lots to improve on only 3 laps didnt break the 107% rule, lol, and what does the consistance % show or prove?? Never broke the 2min barrier, but only 1st race, excited for next week. Hope i was easy enough for the front runners to get past, probable spent 2 much time watching my mirrors for u guys, lol.
    Sun Levi, Anon666, Mael and 1 other person like this.
  14. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Did any 1 record the race, i would like a copy to watch back, does the replay system in AC let you cut and paste so 1 could make say a highlights reel? i forgot to turn it on
  15. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Had pretty good speed to perhaps gain a top 6 finish (Qualified 6th)
    When the lights went out my high 1st gearing saw me lose a position. Slipped back to 7th I think, behind Koastr. Frostwa was behind & looking to get by & eventually did so after I'd made a couple of errors whilst following Koastr. I was able to slip by Koastr also & closed the gap to Frostwa. When pitstop time came I was ready & went in as hard as I could, just missing the walls on entry. I planned for a veryfast stop & was able to make the jump up to 7th place. With a lighter car & fresh rubber I was able to push & catch the guys ahead f me, gaining a spot when somebody spun. I was up into 6th & was looking to get passed one of my TB team-mates (Can't remember who it was though) but when my opportuniiy came I turned too sharp & throttled at the same time & ended up spinning over into the wall, allowing Frostwa to re-gain his position. Came home 7th.

Not bad with 60kg weight so happy to fill in some more points for TB

Grats to the podium & our top scorer, Krunch.
    Anon666 and Sun Levi like this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sadly it's not that good. I use the NVIDIA shadowplay function to record the screen output, then plug that into movie maker or something similar and edit the video that way.
  17. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

you lie :p
    Mael likes this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Calling all Skinner's if any of you have looked at the template's for the next round of car's is there a better way to work out what goes where? I am just painting lines and going in game to see where they show up but this is taking alot of time has to be the strangest template layouts I've ever seen.
  19. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

I dunno how much detail he's gone into with car lines and such but @DarrenO has done skins for both cars already
  20. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Tovey_4saken , This is what I have done for the Turtle Beach Team for the Next round with the Audi and Glickenhaus. The Templates are as you say the weirdest setout. I deleted all the groups and just kept the Occlusion. Compared to pCARS in how they do the templates AC ones at times make more work.

The Glick was actually not to bad as far as Line Placements. With this round of Liveries i went with a Less is More scheme. The Glick livery is loosely based on the Kunos Nissan GT3 #121 that i was a fan of but added my own touch to it.

The Audi on the Other hand was a bit more tricky to get the Lines lined up due to the Panel behind the Doors ( where the MLG logo is) being seperate to the Body. In pCARS this part is all attached and is 1 bit so its easier to get lines lined up. Lucky the Wireframe does help make it sort of easy to line up Lines/Stripes but just a matter of trial and error. I played with a stripe there but couldnt get the look i wanted, I got it lined up ok but it does take time due to the body parts placed in the template.

Shame no one does the body colour templates like they used to with the pCARS templates. If you need a hand let me know.
    KoAStR, Peter Wise and Driftoz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.