GT5 2012 Enduro De La Sarthe 286kms (Pictures added 26/2)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

This is one of my favorite vids on Youtube. Mclaren vs Porsche in the 1996 Lemans. This isnt the longtail GTR, but still...its a GTR...crank the volume and ride the glory...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCKFyrBDLWw
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome vids man! Love the GTR.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    One last driver, Monkeyman wants to race in the F1 GTR.
    Just have to hear back from him after I just clarified the time with him this morning.
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Sorry Seido, real life has reared it's ugly head and I won't be able to make the race. Best of luck to all.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I love the gfx engine in GT5. A heap of those pics look like the real deal! Well done Seido :)
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    That's a bummer M1k1! the BMW won't be making it to the track then. Hope you can make it to the next enduro coming soon. I'll take you off the gtplanet list then...hopefully we get another driver to fill your awesome place!. Sorry man. I'll put you down as a reserve just in case.
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Yea PD has done a great job with the photo mode, allows us to capture some great stuff.

Looking forward to taking of pics of this race!
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    About 45 mins until Q starts.

Just letting you all know to watch out for me through the Porsche Curves, I'm not the quickest there as well as the second chicane....or maybe even the whole track lol... anyway I'll let any faster drivers pass.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Don't worry, I was having all sorts of hell trying to get the tranny set right on the Panoz, you wont need to let me pass you :lol:
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Epic race guys! Thanks Seido for organizing another great outing.
  13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Congratulations Chev! and thanks to everyone for showing up and making this one an awesome race!

I really enjoyed the race. The start was pretty good and well driven by all. After being disconnected twice in 30 mins before the race started I was just hoping to be able to drive the whole race.
    Suprised we didn't get any rain. Imagine if it started to fall towards the end...

I had an off into the sand on the first chicane after getting past a slow Spinner but was caught out by the extra speed and skimmed across the sand then Chev, Neishy and Spinner all went past lol
    but it was early in the race so I wasn't concerned much... didn't wanna loose my head and make another mistake.
    I think it was on the way to my 3rd stop on the in lap I ran out of fuel just before the Porsche Curves thinking I could push another lap out of the tyres. That lost me 2 places...
    There was a while when I was running solo... occasionally I could see tail lights up ahed in the distance and the headlights of Monkey behind me.
    I caught flood and passed him just before he pitted. On the last lap I was lucky to pick up another place thanks to a hole in Neishy's fuel tank!

It was an awesome drive by all and great atmosphere. Shame M1k1 and Torc didn't race.
    I would have liked the race to go on longer, 30 laps even.

Again thanks all for showing. I planned this race for the end of last year and it didn't go anywhere.
    Glad to see it worked out!

Be on the lookout for the next enduro event! If you have any track preference then post it up here.

Thanks. :) time to rebuild and wash my trusty CLK...

* EDIT: Monkey has already put his hand up for the next enduro. Grid spots will be limited to 12 again *
  14. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Mate, if it wasn't for my niece's birthday BBQ (organised by woman at last minute-sheesh) i'd have been there. Surprisingly, i'm more pissed about not being at your race than by my dismall performance in the league tonight. I'm not sure how many more seasons i've got left in me.
    Next time. (Not the 25th Feb, i've got a real life drive day at Morgan Park).
  15. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Cool.. Out near Warwick yeah?

What are you driving Miki?
  16. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not a great run for me yesterday, and fairly uneventful spending most of the time running on my own. I was hungover and tired, which made it hard to concentrate. I knew it was going to be a difficult race, and being in that state didn't help matters.

I struggled to get a setup I was happy with; I wanted something that could run Hard tires, yet still ride the bumps nicely. In the end it was just too scary to drive on the Hards, so stuck with Mediums all race, which didn't give me the tire life I wanted but that I could at least trust wasn't going to spin me out in the blink of an eye.

After the connection dramas I started mid-pack somewhere with a 3:45.xx, not sure if I was supposed to as my timings were messed up. Got a reasonably good start, briefly running 3rd.
    Lap 2 I got clouted in the rear by the lagging Italian guy down the Mulsane. It was only then that I remembered we were running heavy damage. Sh*t!
    I battled on for another lap to try at least make a pitstop window but put it in the wall and had to stop. That set the tone for my race pretty much.
    Each stint, as the tires went off, I inevitably put it in the wall somewhere.

I would make a stop, and then start to make up time on the leader (probably due to me being on good tires as theirs were going off), only to bin it a few laps later and lose a heap of time limping to the pits. Rinse and repeat.
    Think I ended up making 5 stops, or 4, can't remember.

Then it got dark, which I wasn't expecting. I thought that I read the race was ending just before dusk so didn't do any night running. If I had I probably would have found out earlier my sh*tty car didn't have any high-beams. Headlights in GT5 are so sh*t. I could only see maybe a quarter of the screen.

If I can take one positive from the event it's that I did at least finsh the race in the time limit, only just.

Thanks for running this Seido, hope to see some good pictures from it.
  17. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Yes, out in the stix. I'll be trying to drive a Elfin Formula Vee 1200 and if I don't embarrass myself too much, a late spec Formula Ford & my mates RB26DETT powered Datto ute.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Thats sic mate, would love to try a formula ford or the Vee, have fun.
  19. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Rb26 datto eh? Jesus that would have some crazy power to weight. It's sounds like it would be much scarier than my ae86, not to mention front heavy.
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    At the moment I think the next enduro will be with the same group of cars but with a lowered BHP, down to 650 and I'm currently testing some other race cars at Suzuka that are from the same era 2000-2001.
    So there will be a few new cars added to the list and the BHP dropped to keep the racing close with those new cars.
    Looking forward to it already!

I'll be opening a new event soon! (also will post on gtplanet to get other drivers involved)
    We have a few drivers from gtplanet that are down for the next enduro.