AC AC Weekly Fun Events!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Sep 8, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    The Mercedes sls gt3 is broken, an Alfa practise session @ Magione was requested, so I made it so :)
    Alfa Giulietta @ Magione,
    18 slots,
    20 min qualify,
    6 lap race,

Open to public
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Mercedes is now fixed, if anyone still has a problem give me a shout and I will post a link to the data.acr file, but in most cases doing a steam file integrity check will fix it :thumbsup:

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Servers Up!
    Nissan Primera: get it HERE!! 116.9Mb Includes skins and template :)
    Barbagallo v1.2 : get it HERE!! 57.5Mb

15min qualify
    5lap races
    24 slots
    Gates are open,
    Get amongst it :)
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I'll be on from about 4.30 - 5pm WST :D
  5. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

I can't download this file. It gets to 3% & just stops, everytime. Anyone else get this?
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I got the Primera one ok, but haven't tried the Barbagallo link. You can D/L the Primera from RD if you are having trouble.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    As Anon said mate, the mod is on RD-> HERE!! as are the skins but you will need to hunt them down, I'll look at whats up with my mega cloud, Barbagallo link is to RD as well. :D
    Steve Crossland likes this.
  8. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

In other news, just talking to my friends over at ALOOG about the time trials results.
    http://simresults.net/ is one way of displaying results from races, but they haven't seen anything yet about continuous updates from multiple sessions... i.e. a week long time trial.
    AJ.Scott and Anon666 like this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    SERVER IS UP
    Okay, tonight's fun event is;
    Arbarth 500 s1
    Baskerville v0.6 D/L HERE!!
    15 min qualy
    5 lap races

Gates open now, public welcome.

I'll be on in a few hours, got an appointment at the duck pond, gotta go see my quack :D:roflmao::thumbsup:
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    wot have free gaming time till maybe next week i'm stretched thin with housing stuff atm just got the full report on the building inspection and i think there shall be some harsh words spoken and new lower offer given long story short water freaking damage in recess floor :mad:
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Having the gaming time is great mate, the water damage in the recess is a pain, had the same here some years ago had to strip all the tiles and render off the walls and do it again, luckily for me I have a mate who's a wall plasterer, and I tiled it myself which saved me a fist full of dollars :) probably a few grand to get it done professionally though. Hope you get it sorted mate last thing you need at this point in the deal.

In other news, I got that sound file sorted for the Porsche 997, Darche sounds are ok but I might experiment with some different sounds affects, see what I can come up with :D
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    More delays, won't be on till 5-5.30pm wst
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys, sorry I never got on, got caught up at a mates, anyone still on?
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Shoulda just jump on AJ, a few of us were still there for until for a while longer I'm sure... didn't check the forum though
    Was a good fun little combo.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys, I'm doing some testing this Wednesday night for the 98T openwheel series which I'm setting up for mid-late March kick off, this Wednesday will be testing the Lotus @ Mugello & Nurburg tracks. This series is going to be very different if I can get it sorted the way I want it. :thumbsup:

The following should give you all an idea of what I'm looking to create for this series.

2 DRIVER/CARS PER TEAM, (custom team skins welcome) I'm hopeful we can mix the driver talent up in an attempt to create balanced teams. Haven't worked out a selection process for this yet, any suggestions would be welcome :),
    I don't think drawing names from a hat will work somehow :roflmao:.

NO PITSTOPS o_O:eek:, your fuel load will need to be managed to run the full race distance, the fact that the 98T has an adjustable turbo means fuel management will be paramount. Running high boost to start with might get that 10 second gap, but it means leaning off to make the finish line or run out of fuel.
    ONE SET OF TYRES, so treat them well or suffer from fading grip towards the end and drop spots. (Not 100% on this, will be subject to testing)

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please post away:).

Also, to the new & novice guys, don't be shy in asking for help in setting up your car, all the quicker guys here are more than happy to help where they can, aren't ya fella's :thumbsup: :sneaky:.

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting AJ. Is it confirmed (documented or tested) that the fuel burn is tied to boost setting?
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Im not 100% mate, thats why I was going to run some testing on fuel burn at differing turbo settings, see if its makes a difference at all.;)
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I stumbled across THIS POST earlier on the Steam forum about engine damage and the Lotus 98T.
    Not sure if this issue is still outstanding but if it is then you may need to consider what settings you will use.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @DoogleDave Thanks for the link mate it's an interesting read, I had a look around AC's official site too, but couldn't find much info on the 98T's pro's & con's there.
    So at high turbo boost the 98T is prone to self destructing or suffering major damage, at least it's something that's manageable :whistling:. The other issue seems to be that when run with autoclutch it creates damage from over-revving it during down shifts :oops:, from what I can gather the 98T was meant to be run in manual shift with a clutch. Only way I can see to use the 98T in a series if it's still this fragile would be to reduce the damage factor to 50% or maybe less ;).
    Ive got the server setup with the 98T@Nurburg Gp now, will be testing today & tonight for fuel burn under different boost levels :thumbsup:
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Yeah I was surprised when I came across that thread but if this is still a current issue with the 98T it would pose some issues for your suggested series. I know in my case (using the DFGT wheel) I use auto clutch so I would come against the damage increase just by downshifting - compared to someone that has a manual clutch who could potentially gain an advantage.

In reality I don't think I'm anywhere near fast enough amongst our current crop of AC drivers to use that as a valid excuse for not being competitive...but others might.
    Perhaps with the right settings, if damage didn't play much of a role in the race then things might even out - or drivers simply run the risk that if they choose to use high-boost they will damage their car more (which may be another strategy for drivers to use)???

Sounds like an interesting idea for a race. I know when N64 ran the open-wheeler series in GT6 it was GREAT fun....hard work, but great fun!
    AJ.Scott likes this.