AC AC Weekly Fun Events!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Looks like a good series Glynn. I hope some of the boys get on board. Too early for me. Those up for some laps later, the server has been updated. Be another half hour or so, not long home.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry lads I'm not going to make it. Wife needs the PC and I'm banned.
    zampli likes this.
  4. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Hey guys, had good fun in the trusty old Merc on Monday night.Tricky bastard that Paul, took me a while to get him sussed out. Couldn't catch Steve in the first race and then spun and dropped back to third behind Sun Levi I think it was.
    Second race I managed to break away from the main pack and avoid some spin outs ahead of me to grab my first race win! Looking forward to the next one, hopefully this new update will drop soon with some new toys to play with.

@Anon666 here is a link to the admin app i mentioned that night, pretty handy little thing, not sure how to setup the track rotation system but there are some instructions with the download.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/admin-tools-0-6.22159/
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK lads. Hopefully there will be some keen drivers tomorrow night. I am out at a birthday dinner for a mate...I know, Monday?? He's lucky he's a good mate. Anyway Drift is going to run this little event - GT's again, but a bit more of a spread. Short races and mix up the cars, have some fun. Try and figure out which cars are quicker/slower, that would be great.
    krunch and Sun Levi like this.
  6. Sun Levi

Sun Levi Rookie

Should be free tomorrow night so I'll jump on for sure :thumbsup:
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    BTW new server and teamspeak - server can be found by searching raceonoz and ts password is Apex, address is ts3.streamlineservers.net:10036. Get on it.
    Sun Levi, krunch and Driftoz like this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sounds like fun. I should be able to make it tonight.
    Anon666, Sun Levi and Driftoz like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol wondered why the TS server was empty !
    Sun Levi and Driftoz like this.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    So I was drinking beer last night instead of racing, did you guys figure out anything with regards the speeds of the different cars?? Is there much difference?? And @Cherno did you find that linky link to the spreadsheet thing you were talking about??
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Really enjoyed the racing last night. Both BMW were quick and very easy to drive. The corvette once setup correctly was on the pace and might even be the fastest in the right hands. Only other car I've driven was the ugly Merc. Felt great with good power, sharp front end on turn in but just could not get the power down coming out of corners, was about 2 sec a lap slower for me.

The Nissan appear quick but from past experience know you need to be skilled to handle the engine's power characteristics :cool:
    Anon666 likes this.
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

with a downloaded setup my fastest lap was done in the r35 gtr and with almost default setup my next fastest car was the bmw gt3 everythign else i tred i was 3-4sec slower but haven't tried any good setups
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Driftoz likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    As the other guys have said it was great fun, especially with the variation in strengths and weaknesses of the multi make grid.

I only drove the Nissan GT3 and the BMW Z4 GT3. For me the Nissan was about 1s per lap quicker but was much harder to hold it together. Top speed and braking distance were strengths, getting grip through long apex's and getting the power transfer to the road on the way out was hard. Where the Z4 was a breeze, fast through the esses, and the power delivery so smooth.
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. grat

grat New Recruit Gold Member

I have only tried the 458 gt2 and the z4 gt3. The Ferrari was a bit less than a second faster. It also seemed like Fargon Z, Cherno, and I on the gt2s could stay on top of most (with me being the slower of the three, as expected), so I'd say the 1 second result could be a general one.
    Anon666 likes this.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I f@#king loved the Fezza around here, best car imo by far. The Z4 was close for times, but it was a bit too stable.
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Mael

Mael Professional

Really struggled last night with the BMW and H-shifter. The engine felt gutless and worse was stuttering at higher revs. Anything above 5000 rpm the tacho needle would go crazy! with other cars just flying past me :cry: I tried everything from changing turbo boost settings, shifting early/late extreme tire pressures but nothing worked.

Then just before the end of the night realized....

My left foot was resting on the clutch pedal. :roflmao:
    Cherno, zampli, Driftoz and 2 others like this.
  18. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i was about to say i have to set deadzone for my clutch cause mine was doing the same then seen the rest of your post lol
  19. Mael

Mael Professional

@Anon666

Have you tried the Bridgehampton track?
  20. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Ha, I had a similar thing in Superkart racing a few years back. Kept telling the mechanic that the clutch was slipping. After changing the clutch plaates & playing with adjustment settings we realised that it was actually the high g-forces causing my leg to push against the clutch lever (Hand clutch system) and that was the problem.
    Driftoz likes this.