ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

and the Bentley :p
  2. Rolz

also pardon my ignorance but were would it be best to watch this?
  3. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I doubt you need the kind of help that I do Rolz :(
  4. Rolz

come back to the Bentley mate... u and I had a good battle when we were both in that :)
  5. nanlatt

I might have too.....can't seem to get a handle on the Lexus around there. Mind you I tried the Bentley last night and I wasn't much better. Just couldn't get into the groove. Was over 2 seconds off what I know I can do there.
  6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

GT World on youtube streams most of the main sessions. It has upcoming live streams listed at the below link.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world/featured
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Spreadsheet has now been updated with links to the official youtube streams on GT World where applicable. There are also a few other cool multicam and onboard live stream options that GT World will be broadcasting. I have only linked the GT3 and GT4 stream however there are probably streams for the other events available on the web elsewhere.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have updated the server to 1.0.7 test build, this should give better race results but will likely need @SteveDrivingSlowly to adjust his results parse to whatever the new results files provide.

Also as we are doing tonight as a bit of a practice for the 2.4hr race Monday I have set the server for different times of day in all sessions to give all some practice at different times. 10x time scale will be for all sessions the same as Mondays race.

Dynamic weather has been raised from 1 to 2 as it seems a bit too stable in the prac server currently but will see how it goes tonight and either keep it as it is or go back to 1 if it seems a bit too crazy at 10x time scale for a 2.4hr race.

Practice will be loaded at 7:30pm aest
    P Friday 10am (60 min)
    Q1 Saturday 2pm (10 min)
    Q2 Saturday 8pm (10 min)
    R1 Sunday 6am (30 min)
    R2 Sunday 6pm (30 min)
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Rolz and Mat Nipperess like this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

If you can drop a link to the jsons in discord or here after the race tonight I will have a crack at the parser tomorrow if I get a minute
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I sent you a link via PM earlier.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Cheers mate sorry I hadn’t checked!
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server is up, I have my car in there as otherwise time resets if empty. I will take the sprint practice server down once the race there is finished.
    Rolz likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I got disconnected and couldnt rejoin the server, so sorry guys. Hopefully I can make at least long enough Monday to need to make a pit stop but at least I managed to make a pass on Andy before losing connection.

Will try get results once its all done tonight, but will need to wait til we get an update in the log parse before we get to see what the results bring us.
  14. Rolz

yeah got a stop and go penalty, served it but wasn't recognised :(
    pit voodoo strikes again
  15. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

That sucks! I wondered where you had gone; I followed (at some distance) an Audi and a Merc into Blanchimont, and came out the other side with only an Audi in front of me. You two looked like you had really matched pace, shame about the d/c again.

Had another fun time overall today guys, thanks again for keeping this all going, despite the ACC issues. As much fun as it is to drive it really doesn't feel finished yet. Nonethless, your server is an oasis of great racing in the jungle of public servers.

Race 1 was good but a bit lonely, didn't have Marty or Andy's pace, but was a bit faster than everyone else once Rolz had to serve a drive through; so spent a lot of time on my own.

Race 2 I got bumped at T20 on the first lap, which is always frustrating, but these things happen! When trying to recover I was a bit too liberal with my right foot and the kerbs out of T16 and smashed into the wall like a pleb, so that was me done for the night.

Looking forward to and hoping I can make Monday :)
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks as always to all for a great night of racing. Sorry to hear of the dc’s and buggy penalties ruining some peoples races.

I had great battles in both that I really enjoyed. I managed to make the big beemer big enough in race 1 until my competition made mistakes and fell behind after which I had a lonely second half on the race. In race 2 I had a long battle with Faichney (fake knee - sorry for butchering your name possibly twice now) who i was obviously holding up until I left room at the double left and he swept past me on the inside and disappeared into the distance at a rate of more than a second a lap.

Huge fun and I think Marty’s server set up with weather and time multiplier worked great, with some nice variation in the conditions without feeling too unrealistic.
    tezpez85, krunch and marty like this.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

That was me and totally my fault :( Really sorry about that. I thought I'd allowed room for the cars ahead to compress but clearly I misjudged it. I slowed and moved out to the right to let you back in front but after a few cars went by I hadn't spotted you so carried on. Shame you found the wall after that.

Other than that I had a good fun couple of races. R1 was a mix of stints on my own with the occasional car to battle. The attrition took out at least 3 faster cars in front of me and put me in contention for the podium. I nearly threw it away mid race at the deadly exit curb at the fast lefthander before the bustop (T17 according to Blancpain). I lost the rear and half spun but 'just' missed the wall on the left and carried on in stunned amazment. Total fluke :). Snagged P3.

R2 lap 1 was fun as the cars in front got a gap on me only to battle and fall back again - till I ruined it by tapping Flamebadger. Enjoyed the rest of the race as we had darkness falling and light rain to contend with. While still dry I had a great battle with @SteveDrivingSlowly as he defended well and I had to be patient. Just before the rain hit I snuck by and managed a small gap which was just as well because it was pretty hairy once there was water on the track! These varying conditons are just awesome :thumbsup: . Finished 4th.

Bad luck to Marty and Rolz and anyone else who had net/game issues.
  18. nanlatt

I dropped out in race 1 due to bad connection.I was trying to race on mobile hot spot as my internet has been down all day.

I did manage to tap someone on the first lap going into Bruxelles. Cars were disappeared in front of me into the braking zone so apologies if you were the unlucky one. I continued on for a bit but cars were warping all around me so I left before I wiped people out.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was hoping to use tonight to get a good base for Monday’s enduro but that didn’t really work out...
    First out lap in the Lambo in practice had something stuck in my shoe, though it pit instead of stoping on track but forgot about the whole pit limiter thing... flew in to the pits and instant disqualification, there went the Lambo for prac.

Thought I would try the R8 being the closest thing, couldn’t be as bad as I remember for me could it? Of the 4 attempts to get to the top of Eau Rouge facing the right way I failed miserably on 3 of them... so turns out yes, it can be as bad as I remember, there’s just something with that car that doesn’t work for me.

Back to the trusty Lambo for quali after its most inconvenient session ban, no idea on pressure or anything else but at least I can get it around the track, though not very fast...
    Race one, too cautious of a start but no incidents, then bang! Straight of a curb at speed and face first in to the wall... that was short...

Race two was a fair bit more together and a bit more fun but no pace or consistency, I have lots of excuses though... haha.

Will hopefully get a few laps in over the weekend to be a bit more on it for Monday, 2.4 hour will be longest race I’ve done so should be interesting
  20. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

No worries chief, things happen on a congested track :). Maybe that's what I get for picking race no. 13 :rolleyes:
    krunch likes this.