ACC ACC season 01 rnd 7 **SPA 2.4hr** Jan 6th 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 18, 2019.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

If you had a setup that worked before the update, I'd say don't throw it away. In the Fezz I had a bunch of oversteer. After a session of tweaking, I found the fundamentals are still there, but you need to tweak it for the new physics. Softening rear / lowering front bump (cheers @ Captain Barracuda for the tips), generally lowering damps, raising ride and adjusting toe to account for increased rear roll seemed to bring the car back into what I remember. I was getting through Eau Rouge ok (mostly :eek:).

Heaps of tweaking to do though.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The Porsches were never great at Spa, then in hot conditions it struggles even more. There may be something to find in setup and a few laps but I thought the changes felt nice. Even if the car isnt particularly strong at that track it was better over curbs and was able to push it a bit in some sections. The low speed was a fair bit worse and it really lacked top speed so not a great way to go around a track lol.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah default aggressive was stupidly understeery... and does feel slower than it was previously... disheartened to be almost 3sec's off the top pace here
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Welcome to my world.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

You guys have nothing to complain about!!!!
    Rolz, nanlatt and Bueller like this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

The Bentley was initially understeery as well but I did manage so get some more turn with some quick unrefined tweaks and it felt better. I needed more time to refine the setup as I went a little too far the other way and didn't have time to change much. Also I found the force feedback weaker after the patch so I turned it up the gain in ACC from 60% to about 75% (Fanatec Elite+) and it felt fantastic! I think the patch has done amazing things :).
  7. Rolz

i'm gonna try the Bentley at Spa as I know that combo really well and see how I go
    krunch likes this.
  8. Rolz

Well I spend some time last night in SP to see what what going on with me and ACC...
    Really strange that after v1.2.1 I couldn't replicate the same massive understeer issues I had on the Wednesday night... I'm certain it's a placebo as there was nothing noted that was changed that could impact my issues... anyway, I'm happy again :D

Now my next issue is I did an Oculus update and my fps have taken a bit of a hit... so now have to figure out whats going on there... waiting for @Godzilla to test as he's also got the same card/vr unit I have...
    Anyone with the CV1 notice a hit?
    krunch likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@SteveDrivingSlowly - My fear materialised today. I unplugged the Fanatec PSU to tidy some wires and now it's gone dormant again. I wonder if it will fire up again like last time.. :confused:
  10. Rolz

bugger! u sure it's the PSU? Green light there?
    If so any chance u have a multi-meter and see if anything is coming out of it?
    Also is there a possibility of a dyi psu? Surely there is a jaycar equivalent where u can just make one up?
    it's only a powersupply... and the plug also don't look that proprietary...
    Coanda likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

No green light mate and no voltage on the multimeter all afternoon however it just came good again so this time im not bloody unplugging this thing. I dont know if this is a coincidence or not however just like yesterday I plugged another smaller 24v PSU into a wall socket on the other side of my house and when I do I got this tiny spark which doesn't always happen however twice when I did get it from that point on when I plug my fanatec PSU back into my voltage regulator in my pc room all is fine again. I wonder if there is some sort of grounding issue going on that this PSU goes into safe mode. The wall sockets in my house are the older two prong type so I dont believe they have a ground or have I misunderstood that.. Jaycar, dunno mate, maybe in Manila which i am not near. Things are a little different here, not like back home where you can pop out and get your hands on what you want.. I am a little bit paranoid because my last two fanatec wheel bases have fried themselves through no fault of my own and i would hate for anything to fry this one as Ill be up for 1500 shipping back and forth between the US as fanatec don't service or ship here... And then I might have to deal with dodgy customs trying to steel my goods again and wanting 2k to release them. I just leave it alone for now and think happy thoughts.. ive had enough stress this week with everything that's going on up here..
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

uh oh, sounds like it might have a fault mate...worth talking to support about it at least I’d say
    Coanda likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

True mate, best to let them know in case of any BS later on.. Funny thing is the PSU is made in China. It probably would be easier and cheaper if I just bought a new one direct from the manufacture rather than sending mine back to the US on a warranty claim. I bet I can't though..
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks Neil, everything has settled down the last day or so.. I plan to upgrade the voltage regulator to a UPS. Just doing my homework on which one to buy.. :thumbsup:
    Rolz and krunch like this.
  15. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

How did dynamic weather go on Wednesday?
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It was dry, all the ROOZ servers except the static league qualifier and hotlap servers are running dynamic weather. If anyone runs these they can report on how the weather goes and maybe even get some race practice in traffic. ;):D
    Pablo likes this.
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Maybe 1 mandatory stop for brakes? (to replicate the mandatory long service in the real 24hr) The extra time will give drivers who are doing the whole 2.4hrs themself a chance to make a pitstop of their own :ninja:
    marty likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

By the look of it everyone is doing the race on their own atm, reports in official forums show the same issues in current build with no tyre compound changes. Also nobody has wanted to test driver swaps with no replies in the driver swap test thread as yet. I don't think we can force a mandatory stop for brakes, but Id also rather people run the full distance on one set of brakes or take the long stop penalty if they want to run very aggressive brakes. If you want to race like a real racer just let it go mid race, maybe put a plastic cover over your seat before the race. :D
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hahahahah
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Is the 25sec minimum fuel time enforced for this round?