AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    In the data folder there is a file named "lights".
    Man, marathon effort d/ling all those tracks. I also grabbed that opel adam cup car, thought about the Reliant, but couldn't do it.
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    The lights.ini file doesnt change the colour of the glass.....I already tried it :(

It might be something done from a 3D program like blender...using the kn5 file....???
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Well, looks like you guys have been bitten by the skinners bug lol, they look :cool: as guys.
    @DoogleDave mate that's very generous to offer your time to knock out some skins, and I for one will take you up on it :D
    Base colour: canary type yellow :), black accents and #112 if possible, Cheers Dave :thumbsup:.

On the subject of individual skins I have made a basic attempt to set a particular car with a nominated skin using my Steam GUID #, which is the 64ID # when you convert your steam ID. Which is done in the following manner:

Go to your profile page in the steam client or click on your avatar in the friends list - right click on a free spot and select 'Copy Page URL' - then go to this link: steamidconverter.com - paste the URL - then click convert. the resulting page will have all your Steam ID's the one we need is the 64ID, may be 32ID on a 32bit windows system. it's the 3rd entry and is a huge series of digits, check out the GUID# in [CAR_0] entry below. Copy and paste or write it down, but keep it safe.

After all that typing I have to admit I had no luck putting my steam GUID in and getting the nominated car, so I need to experiment some more, I must admit the info is still somewhat vague even with AC FAQ on RD, here's what I have to work with,
    [CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=Driver 1
    TEAM=a
    MODEL=abarth500
    SKIN=Cinnabar_red
    GUID=76561197977111554
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0

[CAR_1]
    DRIVERNAME=Driver 2
    TEAM=a
    MODEL=bmw_m3_e30
    SKIN=Jet_Black
    GUID=FAKE_CLIENT_0
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0

I gather from the above car.ini list entries above that any "driver name" or "team" name can be entered, but if you look at the car 1 entry the "GUID" has "=FAKE_CLIENT_0" so am I correct in assuming the next car entry would have a "Fake Client" # of 1, and the next 2, and so on, until another GUID is allocated to a particular skin. Maybe I need all the info in place for it to work, as I only use "MODEL" & "SKIN" in the car.ini list at present, but we would all need to log into the server in a designated order to get our personnel skins. Which we could do if we really have too. I will keep trying to get things working with custom skin allocation, let ya know how I get on :) :thumbsup:

I have set the server up with the Corvette C6R @ Nurburgring Sprint for some testing, have a squirt if you're keen, thinking of running it Saturday night and testing the livery allocation stuff as well, if I get it sussed in time.

Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    My ID64 is: 76561198034460675

No probs about the livery, I'll work on it tonight if I get a chance.
    I assume you're happy for me to use "insaneozzy" as the nickname shown on your car?

As for the car.ini file I'm not too sure. I also read the post on the RD forum but it isn't written too clearly.
    What happens if you remove the fake_client_0 (from car_1) and insert someone's real GUID instead?

I also had a run around the new Mt panorama circuit and it is much better and ALOT smoother.
    My only two critisisms are that the dipper doesn't seem quite right and Forest's Elbow is more a jump than a descent.
    If you hit it at speed you get major air and land into the wall straight ahead. Nice to drive on though....

AJ.Scott likes this.
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Insaneozzy is cool Dave, or AJ.Scott either will do mate. TBH I prefer the later.

The GUID # I used in the test I ran last night was my ID64, but I had no luck with it. I even put my GUID at entry 4 but either something is missing or it's possibly the wrong Steam ID #, seeing as there is so many, and following the FAQ is a bit confusing as you point out. I will spend today trying to get it working.

Glad the 0.7 Bathurst has worked out for us, and having a slightly off layout in a few spots is far better than a cactus timer, lol.

Cheers
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i've dug myself a hole to china searching for ways to get skins to be assigned so far only thing i've really found is pick up mode will not work for assignment but pre booked will.I dont know the difference between the two so don't know which one we are lol :D I'll keep digging though till i hit the great wall :roflmao:
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    When setting up a non booking server (pickup server) you must fill in the entry list otherwise it won't work. In the entry list each car needs to have a skin, or left blank which defaults to white.
    In a booking server the entry list can be left empty and the skin is taken from your last choice. If it is a Kunos skin other players will see it. If it's a mod skin others can't see it unless they have it installed on their PC too.
    Booking servers aren't very popular for public use so most are set to pickup mode.

about the most ive found so far no one has a filled in entry list for an example though :speechless:
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    my steam ID 76561198137139374
    easiest way to obtain it is with steam open go up top left click steam go to settings go to interface then check show steam url
    then click ok now when you click on anyones profile it will show there steam id in the URL :) unless there profile is private.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Without knowing how it all works from the backend, is it not enough for us all to have each others skins loaded onto our own PC's and then make sure that we have our skin chosen before entering the server - or does it not work like that?

Also, in regards to sharing our AC skins I thought it might be easier if we hosted all the files in the one location, so I have taken the liberty of setting up a MediaFire account where we can upload and download our skins from (you shouldn't need your own MediaFire account to use this).

FileDrop Link: (for uploading only)
    http://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filedrop_hosted.php?drop=144d0b49a51b885441134abcfdc499a5d3e7880d595c6d821051e51825031a60

This link can be used to upload your ZIP files to our account, so we can all access them for download.
    Please be sure to ZIP your entire skin folder before uploading (don't try and upload the folder directly, it will need to be put into a ZIp file). If you're not sure how to ZIP a file just ask.

All you need to do is click the link and then at the prompt browse for the ZIP file you wish to upload and it will send it to the shared AC Skins folder automatically. unfortunately I think you can only upload one ZIP file at a time (as this is just using the free license). Once the upload finishes it then gives you the option to upload another file if you wish, otherwise just close your browser and you're done.

AC Skins Folder Link: (for downloading only)
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xvuq1wmpd1nca/AC_Skins

From this link you will be able to access the shared folder named "AC Skins", where we are all uploading our skins to.
    Simply tick the file you wish to download and then select "download" and away you go.

Hopefully this makes life easier. Any questions please let me know.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Great idea :D should make tracking each others skins much easier i have just uploaded my updated skin now :thumbsup:
    DoogleDave and AJ.Scott like this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hmmm, okay, we use the Non-Booking server, but from all accounts and from what I understand of the FAQ, it works in booking mode without the Car.ini list, but you must have the Car.ini list setup for non-booking servers otherwise it wont load a car.ini file as it hasn't been designated in the list. This is why you need a minimum of "Model" & "Skin" in the Car.ini list. EG:
    [CAR_0]
    MODEL=abarth500
    SKIN=Cinnabar_red

The other entries like "drivername" and "team" don't seem to have any influence on the skin or the GUID, and spectator_mode is pretty much self explanatory.
    [CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=AJ.Scott
    TEAM=AJS Racing
    MODEL=corvette_c6r
    SKIN=SunTrust12
    GUID=76561198014668594 (This is my 64ID#)
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0

I have just set the server up "Non-Booking" with all three 64ID's, as you can see below the 1st entry is a dummy, then there's our entries with corresponding GUID #, test it out guys see if it loads the designated skin. If not might have to set it to booking mode, if that works :thumbsup:
    [CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=DRIVER_0
    TEAM=blahblah
    MODEL=corvette_c6r
    SKIN=MadCroc
    GUID=FAKE_CLIENT_0
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    [CAR_1]
    DRIVERNAME=Insaneozzy
    TEAM=AJS_Racing
    MODEL=corvette_c6r
    SKIN=SunTrust12
    GUID=76561198014668594
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    [CAR_2]
    DRIVERNAME=DoogleDave
    TEAM=Double-D_Racing
    MODEL=corvette_c6r
    SKIN=Larbre_Competition_Bathurst_12H
    GUID=76561198034460675
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    [CAR_3]
    DRIVERNAME=Tovey_4Saken
    TEAM=4Saken_Motorsport
    MODEL=corvette_c6r
    SKIN=33
    GUID=76561198137139374
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0

Will D/L your skins and install them pronto :)
    Cheers
    DoogleDave likes this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @DoogleDave
    Where's ya skin D/L mate? I'll use it in the server testing.....I think we may go booking mode if it's that much easier :thumbsup:
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'll need to upload it tonight. I'll zip the folder when I get home and then upload to the MediaFire folder and will post back here once completed :thumbsup:

If it makes it easier to update the server now, I will name my skin/folder as c6r_doogledave
    And when I do yours I will name it as c6r_ajscott :)
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    This is a section you fill out in the skin.json when editing i wonder if thats what it refers too

"skinname": "The Crow",
    "drivername": "Ryan Tovey",
    "country":AUS ,
    "team" : "Race on oz",
    "number": 13
    also my test with skin 33 came up blank white because i dont have those skins and can not find them lol
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hmmm that is a possibility.

I just tried the server and still no luck getting the designated skin to load :(
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    just confirmed pick up mode is first in first served for skins can't be changed but booking GUID can be used to setup skins.. RD fourm --->

but with pickup mode, you cannot choose your own skin on track, 1st entering gets 1st skin of entry_list, 2nd entering server 2nd skin of the list, etc ....

- for a prebooked one that way:
    [CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=bejvalo
    TEAM=Name of your team
    MODEL=bmw_m3_e30_dtm
    SKIN=bejvalo (my skin)
    GUID=114567892 (GUID)... this kind of number is not correct: Steam Community ID isn't that kind: ( it's 17 numbers long )
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    The skins will only be visible for all if installed on your PC, server and friends PC ...

full post link http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/where-can-i-find-guid.91003/
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks mate, this confirms my suspicions, we will need to run a booking mode server if we want to run personnel skins. Not 100% sure that you need the skin on the server though :cautious:, as it has nothing to do with graphics, the server tells your PC to place X skin on X car, so you see the correct skin on each car in your FOV, well I think it's like that :unsure:
    I'll go read up about them now, cheers for posting this mate....Legend :thumbsup: :D
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah another guy in the post states that the server does not need the files uploaded to it we all just have to have them on our own pc's :)
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    OK guys, I have now uploaded the skin for myself and I have also done yours as well AJ and have uploaded for all to download and install into their Corvette C6R skins folder.

The link to the shared folder is:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xvuq1wmpd1nca/AC_Skins

I have also downloaded and installed yours Tovey so your livery should show up for me in-game (fingers crossed) :)
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay I have reset the server into booking mode and alas, it gave me the designated skin and I was in CAR_1, had a dummy entry at CAR_0, but for some reason the booking mode has not activated, obviously I have neglected to tick something or change a =1 to a =0, but whatever it is booking mode has not actually implemented, and the server is behaving as a pick-up mode server, so I need to see if the skin allocation works properly for others, so I need @Tovey_4saken and @DoogleDave to jump on the server and test to see if it gives you the correct skin. Tovey's is #33, Dave yours was the Larbre comp Bathurst 12hr skin.
    I will reset the server list with our personal skins a little later, we can check again for correct skin allocations.
    Thanks for the Skin Dave, will D/L & instal pronto mate :thumbsup:

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.