AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Ahh fantastic!
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Has anyone tried using the local network streaming function of steam?

I have it working perfectly streaming AC from a pc to my mac, but it appears that I cannot configure a wheel on the mac to use with the streaming (it works fine when i set the wheel up on the pc).
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Cant say I have mate, my net connection wouldn't let me stream a fart let alone a live link :laugh::roflmao::D
    Never used a mac so can't help you there either, bummer it wont let you setup a wheel o_O:(
    Windows has built in drivers for most popular peripherals, obviously Mac doesn't, you'd need Mac drivers I'd say, if there is any :unsure:
  4. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks AJ.

The wheel works fine with Grid and F1 2013, so it isn't a driver issue.

Gonna try vmware next...
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    bah! BEX error when clicking start engine (via vmware fusion) :(
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok uploaded tech version, needs Netkar code. Saw in the shoutbox that it can be circumvented, but how?
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I have a code for netKar, but it may not work seeing as I have used it?? Give it a go: 7LN60998KG858860A
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well lads, I survived my first RD event last night and it was a moderate success. It was my first race ever with more than 20 cars on track (22 started) and it was multi-class, so GT2, GT3 and GT4. There was about 6 seconds a lap difference across all the classes, and because I got in late and I'm not a paid member I was one of 5 in the slow Lotus Evora's. Thanks to Tovey for the setup man, it was a cracker.

I managed to qual 19th, which was 2nd in class, but given that I qual'd with my race setup I figured I should be competitive. Off the start I got held up behind a GT2 car?? Yep, some guys were doing 2:17's in the 458, this guy was doing 23's and 24's - he was horrible through the corners but it's rocket in a straight line, so I couldn't make anything stick. Eventually the guy behind me took advantage of my early braking when trying to avoid the 458 and got past. The 458 then drove off the road on the next corner and let him through and pulled back onto the track beside me and beat me to the next corner - f me I thought!!

Now 3rd in class and watching my competitors drive off into the sunset I decided enough was enough and had a dive at La Source - bang, crash, thud...wtf?!?!? Still don't know what happened, he was beside me, and there was another guy behind us - but all three of us ended up in pile. Rear aero damage and now last in class, I was thinking it would be a loooong race. To my surprise the car felt fine and I caught one of my fellow GT4 drivers eventually and had a great 4-5 lap battle before he had a tank slapper at Les Combes and I was able to gap him.

It was very lonely after that sadly. Guys pitted for fuel or damage and I made up some more positions but thought I'd thrown it all away with a massive spin at Eau Rouge - front and rear stuffed and rear left suspension damage. Surprisingly, the car was ok and I got my FL on lap 30 of 31!!

In the end got 11th overall (20 finished, 2 guys d/c'd - not bad considering some of them were o/s with crap ping), first in class and 12th fastest lap. I have mentioned we run our own events on Monday and Wednesdays and put out an open invite, so hopefully we may see some new faces here and there.
  9. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great stuff Anon, thanks for the report
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Gratz Anon, well done mate.
    What were the pit-stops like? any issues with blistering or graining tyres.

Cheers
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i have been doing a little window shopping and prep for a new setup :D i am looking at
    the fanatec V2 base,BMW GT2 rim,Clubsport shifter SQ,clubsport handbrake and finally the
    Huesinkveld Sim pedal pro.A lot of dollar dollar money money for a sim setup but i think it should last me a very long time and i'll get my money's worth :D now to wait till everything is back in stock :eek: lol
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sounds awesome mate :D I'll get onto Fanatec, there allegedly going to give me a discount code to give to a friend who's keen to get a V2 base, because I pre-ordered one and Im a V1 owner :thumbsup:. I looked for other handbrakes but Fanatec and DSD seem to be the only ones manufacturing them and the DSD hydraulic job is $400+, you could probably make a DIY button (On/Off) handbrake, I looked at them too, but in the end I grabbed the DSD, because I could :D
    Let ya know how it goes with the pre-order code mate, it will save you $130 on the base, so don't rush that order yet :thumbsup:
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah i went through thousands of sites even at one point weighed up the leo bodnar hahaha but yeah that's just to crazy for me to justify haha only reason i went for club handbrake is because it's the cheapest and don't use it as much as you'd think when i drift or rally (All about that scando son haha :p) haha cheers mate absolute champion :D couldn't rush orders even if i wanted too haha nothing in stock till december :laugh:

my dl was going slow as :poop: aswell ended up just giving up i can do it my self it's just the sound files from the cobra,evora,bmw z4 and maclarion haha :rolleyes::) i was just being lazy :oops:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Go to the program folder, run acs.exe and that will load the game directly.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ah. Thanx mate and thanx Anon too. Anon it says you need to email them for 3 new codes, so I just paypal'd Netkar the $6 and started my own. What's netkar like? I left it uploading overnight and haven't looked at it yet.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Never played it, just got it so I could try AC. I think the demo is only the Evora at Magione?? If you lived up this way I'd have you around to try it out man - the physics have changed a bit since that first release, but it's a good little taste.

Must say the process of PC setup, loading and setting up the game, understanding multiplayer and servers etc took a bit to get used to, but after last night I was reminded how console gaming excels at sucking the joy out of racing with its connection problems and incompatibility errors and general bull$hit. I raced with 22 cars on track Saturday night and the host was worried with 2 guys lagging a bit...if they only knew?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, it ain't perfect, but if you have a good internet connection you will have few issues. If you have crappy internet and have trouble on consoles etc, then you will have trouble with this as well - but when the servers are in Sydney, it sure does help!!!

Actually, I should open that invitation up to all Brisbanites, think I've met most out now anyway thanks to Vardz. PM me if you want to test out AC and see how it works, especially if you are debating whether to shell out big bikkies for either a PC or PS4+wheel.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Netkar was the best there was between 07-11, once you get into theF2000, F-Target or K2 you will love it. The formula ford equivalent was a whole different feel to anything I was driving in rF or Race07/Evo at the time, in fact I was so impressed with it I stopped racing everything but NetKar, make sure you try the Osella I loved that little beast, I even went into doing my own team skins for all the NKP cars.
    Heres a few pics, this is the Osella
    [​IMG]
    F-target, awesome car one of my favs
    [​IMG]
    Formula 2000
    [​IMG]
    AC is the evolution of NetKarPro, even though AC's code was completely re-written it was born from netkar, if you think net kar is good AC will blow you away.
    But I'm bias :D
    Cheers
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    up on the calender i see the 599 at vallunga as tonight's event is this still a go go? if so i'll setup server in 5 :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.