AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Use the same #9900 for UDP and TCP mate, also it seems there is new Cfg commands;
    TC_ALLOWED=2
    ABS_ALLOWED=1
    STABILITY_ALLOWED=1
    AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=1
    just have to work out where to place them in the Cfg file.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Just checked the french server out and they have set the Cfg up for me, they have UDP=9533 & TCP=9534, we may need to go 9900 & 9901. I also added the extra commands to the bottom of the Cfg and the server restarted no dramas, will check it out for login, see how we go :)
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    can i install upgrade without playing game and whrer do i do that in steam
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I was going to put one of these together myself, but this is pretty much my favorite car on this track atm. Select 1080 resolution, full screen and turn that volume switch to 11ty.
    KoAStR, R0T0R-AU86 and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The second half shows off the quality of the track looking at it from the TV camera views - the detail is amazballs!! This update was a bigger evolution for AC than GT6 was to GT5. No complaints here other than I have a very full time job, a wife and 2 kids and a Camaro to park in the sand on Sundays?!?!?!
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That is freakin AWESOME. Love the sound of the car
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ok... got one more laptop to try... and if that fails, will try a VM on my MBP...
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Colin to update the game bring up the steam client page, make sure it is on the Assetto Corsa page, then mouse over the LIBRARY tab up the top, this will show a drop down list, at the bottom of the list is DOWNLOADS, click on it, it will take you to new page , if a game has an update that needs installing you can start it here. You can also set the game to update automatically, right click on the word Assetto Corsa in your steam games list, this will pop up another dropdown list, at the bottom is "PROPERTIES" click on it, this will bring up the properties box, if you look at the top there is 4 option tabs, click on the "UPDATES" tab, you will see Automatic Updates click on the little triangle at the right of the box, this will give you 3 options click on the one that says, "High Priority - always auto-update this game before others"
    In the Background Downloads below that, you want to have "Follow my global setting (Stop background downloads)" selected.
    This will update AC automatically as long as your PC is turned on, or as soon as you turn it on Steam will update the game, you can do this with any Steam game, just have to right click on the games name.
    Hope this helps mate, certainly saves some fecking about :D
    Cheers
  9. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks m8
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Tovey/AJ, can you remind me what setting I changed in the video options that helped sort that screen tearing I was getting??
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Let us know how you go mate. I tried this with iracing, but couldn't get it to play nicely.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Cant recall off the top mate, was it something we discussed in the thread, might be able to find it by going back through it.
    Otherwise just tinker with your settings, there is a program called nVidia inspector that some guys have been using to optimise the video settings, it's like an overclocking app for nvidia, there's info up on RD about how to set it up, I will try to find it and link it for you and anyone else that wants to try it out, seems it works well at enhancing the video performance in AC. I never bothered with it as I have zero issues with video quality.
    Download: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
    Info on nvidia Inspector: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-get-the-best-visual-quality.77338/

Hope this helps Anon :D
    Cheers
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Guys you will struggle to get AC to run on a lappy unless it's a top gaming laptop, I posted the minimum specs in this thread earlier.

Posted below so you don't have to go searching :D
    Minimum
    Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
    Sound Card: Integrated

Recommended
    Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon HD 7870, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    Sound Card: Integrated

Cheers
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks AJ. I am more interested in whether the windows emulation works. I have an iMac running vmware fusion.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hmmm, cant say I have heard much about the windows emulator, but I know VMware is a solid platform, tinkered with it back in the days when I was dual booting Linux and Windows, was running Windows 98 under VMware to play old DOS games etc. Was also a good way to avoid viruses and trojans when the net was loaded with Suspect gaming sites and loaded downloads.
    Hope the emulator works for you, let us know how it pans out mate :thumbsup:

Cheers
  16. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Hey guys, is anyone having the game not run when trying to drive the Alfa Giulietta??? I can't progress in career due to this :/ I tried in Hotlap mode too, every car will load excpet the Alfa, i have tried doing an integrity check and it reinstalled 3 files, but i dont know if it actually installeed them or if i did it wrong :/
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sounds like a glitch, there was some fixes to the Giulietta in the 1.0.2 RC below, might be best to check out AC's site, see if anyone else is having the same issue's, I'll test it after I set the server up mate.

There has been some updates to the game, below is a list of fixes since RC1 released.
    1.0.3 RC
    - Triple screen rendering fixes
    - Launcher default theme: server listing behavior change on server selection
    - Launcher default theme: list now scrolls to selected server when server name clicked in detail panel
    - updated Fmod 1.05.03 (some volume / fading sound issues may occur. Feedback is appreciated)
    - fixed audio.ini missing opponents volume value
    - fixed opponents volume and attenuation
    - reworked distance attenuation management
    - tweaked exterior reverb
    - fixed wind volume curve
    - fixed interior sounds spatial position (for surround configurations)
    - fixed exterior sounds envelopment
    - fixed surfaces sounds envelopment
    - tweaked overall throttle crossfading
    - fixed SLS idle sound and some crossfades
    - overall volume balancing

1.0.2 RC
    - Corrected KTM X BOW factory ABS setting to non enabled.
    - Corrected fuel tank placement for Alfa Romeo Giulietta Q.V. 2013
    - Corrected setup options for Alfa Romeo Giulietta Q.V. 2013
    - Corrected Gearbox ratios for Alfa Romeo Giulietta Q.V. 2013
    - Corrected flames position for Mercedes SLS AMG GT3

1.0.1 RC
    - Fixed Oculus IPD reading
  18. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Alright mate, thanks heaps!! When is the Rooz server up? wouldn't mind joining sometimes
    in the near future?
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It's up mate, I'm in it.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Server is up now, BMW M3 GT2, Ferrai 458 GT2 and Lotus GTC @ Spa :D:):thumbsup: