GT6 [CANCELLED] 2014 ROOZ Formula Gran Turismo World Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Mar 22, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Some quick guidelines for tonight.

After last night's calamity, we'll be using the usual League qualifying setup, but the times will stay the same.

Only one tyre is being used, racing soft. Take it easy through the esses, it's easy to go off track due to the glitch.
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Sorry Jono and everyone. I will have to give this round a miss, with nats only a week away my night life tonight is at the gym and then gta practice online when I get home.

I wish everyone a great race tonight and I will be back in round 6 due to missing the next 2 rounds as well.

There is a seat open at Ferrari if anyone wants to fill it tonight :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

When you getting online for GTA prac. I might miss this round too I need Academy practice, I have already done my workout for the day
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Just finished gym and heading home to make a feed so 8:30. Rotor should be on soon so I will see you in his room :)
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    All good MINT and Fastboy, I didn't know one could practice at Grand Theft Auto ;)
    Spewing, this might have been my big chance, but no, my PS3 seems to have a newfound inability to connect to the internet. Joy.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry I missed this round Jono. (did it go ahead?) Hard day at work saw me fall asleep on the couch at 7:30. Only just got woken up by the missus. "I thought you were racing tonight?" S*#T!
    Crunch likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Got canned once again mate.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had it as a Prost one two, the table will be updated tonight.;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Friday nights not the best for racing, last min drop outs tend to be expected.
    Crunch likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hmmm, with a few boys tearing it up at the Nationals, we might have a depleted grid tonight.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ok fellas, after some thought and advice from DoogleDave, due to the absolutely abysmal attendance and the fact that I have exams rapidly approaching, please comment stating that you are committed to the series from this point on. I understand that the car is a pig to drive, we have had competitors at GT Academy and Friday nights don't work for some, but I can't keep cancelling week after week and race with just 4 racers. I really don't want to cancel the whole thing, as it had so much potential, but unless we can get some solid grid numbers each week, that's what's going to happen.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

In all honesty, I dont think I can as Friday nights is one of the only nights I can go out and stuff is coming up for me as well.
    Add to that my temperamental enthusiasm for GT6 goes up and down, I shouldnt commit to any series lol.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would suggest changing to another day of the week, friday doesn't work well.
    Crunch and zampli like this.
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree that changing the day of the week is the best option. I'm on holidays and haven't been home for a while either, but Fridays are never really a good idea anyway.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'll be withdrawing
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I guess it depends on your circumstances - for me Friday night is usually my preferred night (no pressure to get up early the following day etc), but I can appreciate others that have a life tend to have other things to do on a Friday.

Depending on the day this may get moved to I may not be able to show up every week.
    A real shame as this series has been great fun (and the FGT is a very challenging car, but gives you a great buzz when you can get it right).

And good on you Jono for being so patient with the series, I can imagine how frustrating it is to turn up on Fri night to only find a few drivers online and eager to race. With so many series/events happening at present along with testing for season 3 (and the GT Academy), I think some people have been keen to practice for these instead of focusing their attention on the FGT series - maybe it was just unlucky timing.

Considering there seem to be more and more events popping up these days I wonder if it is only worth running one weeknight series at a time and instead just hold one-off events where drivers can look forward to the night of that event (eg. Mini's on the Mount, Turtle Beach 400 etc).

I know myself, the time I have during the week I prefer to spend practicing for the following week's seasonal race (for the Sunday night), and don't like to have a late one during the week - but then others prefer to get online when I'm going to bed and stay up until the wee hours of the morning. Horses for courses!

Perhaps the mods could run a poll to find out what everyone's preferences are in regards to racing (how often, when etc), which might assist in holding events in the future to maximise participation.....just a thought ;)
    Crunch likes this.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

With Season 3, Thursdays F3 and as of next Tuesday GT300's I've probably over committed myself so ild recommend cancelling the event till some time down the track where you can gauge interest again.
    DoogleDave likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm struggling to find the time.
  20. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I just thought I'd add after reading DoogleDave's comment that I deliberately have only signed up for this series as the only spin-off series for me beyond Sundays. I haven't even opened up any other series threads to have a look because I only want Sundays main season and one diversion. As a fan of F1, I'd love to see this one through.

My reason for not being able to race recently is purely down to holidays, and the fact that I have been trying to update my rig in addition to going to my mate's house parties on most nights. University starts again in 2 weeks, so then I'll be back in the grind.