GT6 [CANCELLED] 2014 ROOZ Formula Gran Turismo World Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Mar 22, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    After much consideration and thinking, I've decided that I will no longer be in control of the series. This does not mean that the series is dead, I encourage someone to take control of the series and do with it what they wish. This is the best option as I can focus on my exams and studies in this cruicial term, and the series can be moved to a day that suits everyone. I'll still update the OP if necessary.

Cheers, Jono
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    For me it depends on when it is resumed and what day of the week. I will take it off the upcoming events calendar for now and keep an eye on this thread for developments.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So it's been a full week since the call went out, and here's my proposal:

Start the championship again on the Tuesday immediately following the end of the Hi Tec Oils GT300. (26 August @ the same start time)
    I'd like to re-invigorate the engine, weight restrictions and track calendar as well if that doesn't annoy anyone. The championship wouldn't go as long as the original season was built; I was thinking a power series of 5 races. Such a calendar would feed directly into the sweet spot of potential F1 2014 release dates, hence it makes sense logistically.

Please give a response because, of course, I'm eager to continue this championship, but like the championship that I linked above, it cannot work out without participation and acceptance.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, another change I propose is to make the points scoring system akin to the 90s F1 system, where only the top 6 places are given points:
    1st (10)
    2nd (6)
    3rd (4)
    4th (3)
    5th (2)
    6th (1)

This is because I've run leagues before where the points prioritise attendance (a la the current F1 system), but it actually creates a completely reverse effect, whereby drivers stopped coming after realising that because there is such a huge discrepancy (25 points for a win to 0), it would take 3-4 wins to gain those points back. While the ROOZ system of a 'drop-round' is a very valuable way of stopping this problem, such a system works primarily if only one round is 'missed'. Therefore, I know from experience that lowering the points for a win lessens this effect of 'auto-rejection' of the season. Making the first 6 positions gain points in theory causes the lower places to keep fighting, as opposed with what usually happens when you have a grid of 10 or so and after a crash you half-heartedly limp around the track for 'complimentary' points of attending the race. If the grid is larger than 6 (an easy number), there are no complimentary points. They're all well-earned. a 5 race series means that a maximum of 50 points are available - these are very low numbers.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's all up to the other guys. I have no say.
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'm out, sorry
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im keen but my attendence will be patchy due to work.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm hating this car more and more with the glitch it has. Sorry to say I'm out.
    Just remember Tuesdays are PD's scheduled maintenance days so be ready for some issues if you go ahead with that day.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The patch has apparently fixed that rev-glitch thing thats been previously mentioned. Pretty sure thats what the list was referring to.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    hhhhmmmmm. Will think about it. but if it goes ahead on tuesdays I'm out. Cant race then.