GT6 [CANCELLED] 2014 ROOZ Formula Gran Turismo World Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Mar 22, 2014.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'll suggest driving it in gt6 first as from memory its quite different and not as wild as you might think. I actually prefer gt5s f1gt. I'll disagree f1 is all about car setup as well.
    It just seemed like a random thing to cherrypick when these bear hardly any resemblance to f1 2014. We may as well pick some random year in the past 10 years and pick a weight.

I'm not quite sure how to answer your last question lol as I don't decide anyway and if n64 did put it in there's nothing I could do.

Why not? Tbh I'm lazy and Cbf doing tuning, I'd rather just get the car straight out and find time. That's the honest truth lol. And also I've wanted to do a stock f1 based c'ship for ages.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    well for starters 2014 engines are all low end torque based and maximum power comes way before red line, completely different type of driving required.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well Crunch, I'd love to have you onboard to race. You have as big a passion for Formula One as I do!
    Firstly, these cars bear almost no resemblance to the 2014 cars, they have a V12 engine as opposed to a V6 Turbo, and an early 00's chassis.

I allowed suspension tuning at one stage, but I banned it as it made precious little difference to the steering lock. And also, I'm in the same boat as Zampli, I don't have the time to test settings over and over again, especially when all the options seem to have a deadzone. If there was suspension tuning allowed, someone with way too much time on their hands would find an advantage and dominate everyone (although that contradicts the whole point of F1). The inly things allowed are downforce (maximum is the way to go) and BASIC gearbox settings.

The point of this series, and most of my others (State of Origin for example) is to find the best drivers, not tuners. It's to find just who is the best driver of the FGT in it's stock setting, and who can handle close Formula racing.

Either way, I've got a great selection of tracks to choose, great drivers and equal cars, it's going to be epic regardless!
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Anyway, it was just a suggestion for funzies. Considering the idea was brought up by Zampli: why not pick a year where all the teams you guys have historically recreated exist and match the weight and power restrictions of that year (if such things existed - I'm only 18 so I don't know much historic facts)? I suggested the weight restriction originally PURELY for the authenticity. The stock power and weight of the FGT just doesn't do my inner perfectionist-nerd tendencies justice. It just seemed cool to match the restrictions so the lap times would be VERY comparative to the 2014 season. The sort of thing that happens with Bathurst lobbies: the weight is ALWAYS 1350 kg because that was the restrictions back in the day. I forget what the power output normally is because I haven't joined any of those lobbies in a while, but in each of those lobbies, the lap times matched the V8 Supercars lap times. It just made that simulation all the more fun!

Finally, I'm gauging N64 that tuning is hence to be allowed. Why not discern a specific power output and weight that has some sort of significance in any regard? I'll look up the 1999 restrictions now...
    *about 5 minutes later*

http://www.allf1.info/engines/ferrari.php
    There we go guys. Pick a year and match the engine output listed with the restrictions. The Tipo 044/1 from 1995 is the last one with 12 cylinders. 700 BHP. I mean, someone could even go the whole hog and find out what GT6 says the engine displacement and max revs are, and we could match the engine to a T. With the engine picked, just find some information about the average car weights for that year. Instant year representation.

Fun! =)
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The idea of having a different set year each race actually sounds kinda cool. Even though it may not obviously produce similar laptimes, that does actually sound like a good idea and doesn't exactly hinder the time restrained any more than a regular race would.
    Just a nice sort of change in a way, I experimented with a full ballast, completely reduced power FGT on gt5 on sports tyres that wasn't too bad either.
    Crunch likes this.
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'm so keen to do a lot of testing for this up until the first Thursday of school hols (that's when im going). Even more so with pit glitch solved! ! We should have a prac race sometime, these are such a blast to drive.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    IF Mint and I can 100% confirm it's gone, we may even have a weather race!
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Was driving in weather earlier as well, I cannot wait for this to begin!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just to reassure, there is NO suspension tuning.
    Gearbox tuning is allowed, but only to adjust max speed.
    Downforce adjustments are allowed.
    Ballast MUST stay in it's neutral position.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

So just a gentleman's agreement on those settings then?
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Pit glitch is gone, so we will be having variable weather as well.
    It certainly is.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    top speed is good for most tracks tbh.
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Bumping championships at 3 in the morning is the ultimate form of procrastination!!!

#loveuni #LLBsucks #all-nighter

This championship was gonna be so sweet! I was so looking forward to it. Make it happen I say!
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I wouldn't mind potentially waiting for senna content to see what else they bring for this, don't mind of u can't paint
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's going to happen, I'm just waiting to see what happens with the 97T, otherwise it'll start in late June, late July. However with the lack of interest it's hard to be motivated lol.
  16. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    ?????? You have 9 people signed up so far. That's not bad. Plenty of newbies to throw a hook out at.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I clearly forgot to count the ones that weren't allocated to a team or picture lol
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I need a Jordan team mate.............Anyone???
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ok, the votes have been tallied, and I've got the track list.

Annnnd...

Round 1: United States Grand Prix Central (Indianapolis Road Course)

Round 2: German Grand Prix (Nürburgring GP/F)

Round 3: Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka Circuit)

Round 4: Italian Grand Prix (Monza)

Round 5: Monaco Grand Prix

Round 6: British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

Round 7: Belgian Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps)

The series will commence on the 13th of June, and we'll have byes for Clevo's NASCAR race and Series 3 of State of Origin.
    Crunch and OptimusAteMyBaby like this.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sounds good, still a while away, no chance of earlier start?
    No real reason lol, just so long to wait haha, am I still sweet to team up with optimus?
    OptimusAteMyBaby likes this.