AC [Cancelled] Assetto Corsa PS4 GT3 Super Sprint Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, Aug 28, 2016.

?

What option would you prefer as the first ROOZ AC PS4 series?

1. Option 1 - GT3

71.4%
  2. Option 2 - One Make

28.6%
  1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    You have my attention.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

OP has been updated somewhat. Will finish it off tomorrow.

I will be getting a room up tonight to run a couple races if any of you are available and interested.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    sorry @COME_AND_GET_ME7 im gonna hold off on this until we get private lobbies. i like the chosen car for Sunday PCars.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

No problem.
    Zachery likes this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

In order to try spark enough interest to get a full room i've decided to shorten the series to just 5 races. This series will be ran on Sundays at the normal Sunday league time with the first race to hopefully be this Sunday. The next official Sunday league seasons are penciled in to start on the 16th of October at the earliest so participation in this series will not rule you out of any races in the offical series.

So @Zharvs92 , @AOCleaner74 , @freddyp_33 , @Blindman ,@Kart-No-1 ,@Killercarlcox69 are you guys now interested in signing up given it now wont have any influence on your ability to race in the official series?
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ill be in then mate, definately
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I'll take 13th spot
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

Can we do a track vote?
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Sure was thinking Monza for round 1 given we all know it and the Italian GP was just last week.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Book me in for the GTR for the season :). I just want t be your team mate cagme
  13. Konnor McCluskey

Have we chosen cars already?
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Nope will sort it out tonight. You can always rank each car from most prrffered to least and then I can just go through by order of entry.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Some of us may have not the 'ability', but seeing as tho you have my name down already even tho I have not officially said I am racing, I can't give up a chance of giving you a hiding, or taking you out... Whichever comes first
    And I will take the Abarth 500 if it hasn't been taken yet!:D In yellow
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Will have a practice room up tonight for those that are available. Should have room up at around 7:30. Should allow everyone to finalise their car and do some practice runs to sort out how much fuel they will require and the best tyres to use for the race.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Couple of quick points about tomorrows race:

1) In order to get the results along with the fastest laps of all drivers everyone must remain in the room after the race. This shouldn't be an issue for the first race given the qualifying for the second race will follow immediately after. However if you were to leave before I am able to take a screenshot of the race results for the second race you will simply be classed as a DSC.

2) In qualifying once the timer has gone to 0 unless your still on a hot lap and up on your time could you please return to the pits. This will speed up the time that it takes for it to chuck us on the grid for the 60s countdown.

3) Turn 1 lap 1. Be sure to brake early. Your brakes will be cold and there will be nothing worse than having to deal with damage for the whole race. In the event of a significant incident at T1 i'll call a vote to restart. No restarts will occur after the first chicane on lap one. Remember normal ROOZ expectations remain and if you take someone out you must redress.

4) Penalties. Penalties in AC require you to take your foot completely off the accelerator for a specific amount of time. These can be taken at any time so it is best to do it going into a braking zone. However they must be served before crossing the finish line to start the next lap else you will be disqualified. Also remember that if you jump back on the accelerator your penalty will reset so make sure the penalty timer has completely disappeared before jumping on the gas again.

5) Fuel. Monza is one of the few GT3 servers where it is almost certain you will run out of fuel with the default 30 litres. 35 should be good for most but if you haven't done any practice run in your given car it would be best to start with 40 at least for the first race.

6) Tyres. Theres really only two viable compounds for the race; softs and mediums. Softs will deteriorate significantly in the last few laps while mediums will remain fairly constant throughout. Many have suggested that mediums are superior.
    Spidey_11 and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    sorry CAGME, I am going to run PCARS for another season. Apologies for the late notice.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

You know that this will be over before the next season of PCars starts?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No, can't seem to find a definite schedule. I can't race tonight, but if there's spare spots next week, I may join in then.