PCARS [Cancelled] LMP Sprint Series - PCars/PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Beau_Albert, Aug 21, 2015.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    From what I've heard about project cars no matter who the organiser is you can't BOP the cars all there is really to do is tell people the upcoming track/ event

There's nothing wrong with beaus planning and organisation of a series he runs. It just so happens to be a small lmp1 community in Rooz which is fair enough but if there's no interest now I couldn't imagine anyone else making a LMP series successful for now. For a prime of example I have never run a series before but when I did I made it a DTM series which has a lot of backing in Rooz and my poorly planned championship still had good numbers until the final event.
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    • ok hows this sound...
    • 10 round series overall championship ... 1 round per month
    • 5 endurance rounds 90 mins ( its own championship) on alternate months
    • 5 sprint rounds 30 - 45 mins separate champion every other month
    agolfer78 likes this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    That actually is a pretty decent idea Vardz, i quite like that...i agree with Agolfer though that perhaps more people would flock to an event run by a proven organizer, i've got a checkered past with event running which may throw some people off.

I'm happy for you to run it Vardz if you want to, i'm happy to do tables/track testing and car testing if you want for it though. If you have too much on your plate with HTO though, i'm happy to take the reigns and hopefully get a successful entry list happening.

With what Dave said, i'd probably go against a GT class, i know you also love IMSA, but i think the one class, higher numbers gives us a more competitive and closer field, and well, im sure im not the only one about ready to leave the site if we see another GT3 event!! :p
  4. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

true, cant race without numbers
    seth123 likes this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Once a month, 30 minute races and I'm in :)
    Keep the enduros for the ppl that want them but that's too much for me
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Without bop those that are keen can't really keep up with the div one guys anyway would love to see 6 lmp top drivers and 9 gt class cars of intermediate skill. Long races on short tracks. 3 teams. 3 cars per class. That is my dream seriers doubt ill get to see it happen. Traffic would make long races constantly exciting
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I was keen but the event was held on bad nights for me. In between seasons sounds good but what about the HTO series? Won't get the numbers while that's running. You have a small window of opportunity now with 2 maybe 3 weeks until season 2 starts up, and Sunday's guarantee numbers. Pick the closest cars, 2 30min races or 1 90 min race, you'll get at least 4 races in. That's my thoughts anyway. If it is run on a Sunday I'm in either way.
    agolfer78 and Beau_Albert like this.
  8. agolfer78

Id be down for some sort of prologue event before S2? 90 mins of Spa, full damage, variable weather with just one choice of car to keep it simple?
  9. agolfer78

Do you have an idea for a start date for S2 @Ad2mny?
  10. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    the second class wouldn't need to be GT3, you have GT4, Group 5, GT1, Group4, road cars... Even a lower grade LMP2 or LMP3,
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nothing set in stone. Will confirm to all when we have a better idea. At least 2 weeks but don't mark the calendar in permanent ink yet, pencil just in case...
    agolfer78 likes this.