PCARS [Cancelled] LMP Sprint Series - PCars/PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Beau_Albert, Aug 21, 2015.

1. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    you'll have to do a short race and check the replay to see if the tire branding is different colours,
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    You can now force default set up's since last update .
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Good idea! Although i think all 3 cars use different tyres lol, RWD on Vulcan's, Audi on Michelins and Marek on something else....

I did consider making this one of the race variables, however i'll wait and see......
    TDZdave and TheJuzzy like this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Marek on dreams.....
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Doing some Project Cars career mode and i'm starting a new LMP1 season, my first since the last update, and there appears to be an Aston Martin LMP1 on the grid!! @COME_AND_GET_ME7 if you join this series and are racing in that thing, wow..... i'd be happy to stay behind your car, what a sound they have recreated!!
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Hey guys, just a heads up, if anybody wants to jump ship and race in the series from now on in the brand new Aston DBR1-2, your welcome too :thumbsup:
  7. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    me! i had a drive of it this morning and its fantastic
  8. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    I'll jump into the Aston
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Um I believe I chose the Aston weeks ago ;)
    Beau_Albert and TDZdave like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Haha, all 3 of you are more than welcome, be nice CAGM and share ;)

Sadly i cannot see a way to enforce a dual tyre compound race without using the honesty system, since the RWD P30 for one does not have different tyre sidewall colours depending on the tyre compound on the car :(
    So with this, i have decided that there will be 5 bonus points awarded to the leader of the race at the halfway stage, 3 points to the car in 2nd and 1 point to the car in 3rd. :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Randm90 likes this.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Course preview for round 2!! :D
    This was a 2:01, but pole should be below the 120 second mark :p
  12. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Could of tried increasing the wear rate to make a 1 stop on softs not possible and that would make hards the better choice for the race
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'll be completely honest did not know you could do that! I think we'll leave how it is for now, but for the next planned dual tyre compound race, i'll certainly consider that...
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Hey guys, i'll be getting @Konnor McCluskey / SickSkills011 to host tomorrow, will be experimenting with the new Youtube Livestreaming function and in case it all goes pareshaped, would rather not be hosting :thumbsup:
    Usually Konnor has better net than me anyway, so no loss to anyone :)
  15. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    I should be there
  16. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Hope we get a big turnout tonight
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    So, this has to be done, quick track limits guidelines, this is how i'll be judging it, so no arguments or ifs or buts here. Have to be black and white due to arguments about this topic in the past about this very track.
    2 wheels MUST be inside the white line at all times, with the ONLY exception being if there is kerbing, in which case 2 wheels must remain ON the kerbing.
    Astroturf at Pouhon, Stavelot, photographers corner etc etc do NOT count as kerbing, and 4 wheels on this is counted as track extending.
    If you go 4 wheels off the circuit at Radillion, you are not allowed to perform an overtake down the kemmel straight or under brakes for Les Combes. Same applies with going 4 wheels off at Blanchimont, no overtaking will be allowed into Bus-stop.
    Continuous offenses of Track Limit abuse will result in a 2 minute time penalty.... so in other words, don't do it ;)

Sorry to be harsh on this topic, but i feel it needs to be done around here. Have a fun, close and awesome races guys :thumbsup:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If flags and penalties are on... continual track limit violations will see a 140 sec on track penalty doing 80 kph... I know this from 1st hand experience
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    Good racing after the failed first attempt. Glad we got all the chaos out of the way on the parade lap ;)
    Didn't get my pole i narrowly got over CAGM so was glad to make him pay in the dying laps :D
    Next week is the enduro, would be cool if we could get a slightly early start so we don't run too late for the Kiwi's :) This be an issue for anyone? Was thinking a 7:45 start? 7:30 quali?
  20. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Sorry for dropping out so early, was getting so many track extending penalties on the parade lap trying to let everyone through, and then i got spun as we were about to start. Was a touch frustrated to say the least.