GT6 (Cancelled) Raceonoz.com WEC LMP1 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Beau_Albert, Mar 21, 2015.

?

When would you like this series to be ran?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2015.
  1. Saturday Nights

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Friday Nights

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

What time does this event lobby have to be open @Beau_Albert ??
  2. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I may be able to make the race! I'll do some organising, it all depends on what time the race starts
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'd like the lobby for round 1 open at 7:30 my time, not sure what that is there In the land of the sheep, but knowing our luck it will be filled with PD issues for a while so I expect race start by 8:30 :thumbsup:
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    May i make 2 suggestions...the pole sitter has the option to start on the left or right side of the track...everyone else is on the prementioned side for the start. also to save some time during Qualifying when the team on there qualifying lap pass through Roggia the next team to Q can start their out lap
    skywalker and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah well i figured most people on pole would choose to start on the right side but yeah they can choose, and that would work well with the qualifying system. I shalll try that i think. Cheers for the ideas
    VARDZ likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @DekGT5mad you still have not confirmed if you wanted to take over the Audi spot? You up for it mate? :cautious:

@Giant slayer @Johnny _ Rodger @X-WTF_MAN-X there are a confirmed 2 drivers who will not be able to race tonight, so I will allow you guys to race tonight if your up for it? A Bentley and another Audi seat are 110% available, with a possibility of a Toyota slot :thumbsup: Johnny will get preference as he is first reserve over Giant and then WTFMan
  7. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Are we gonna have a practise for rolling starts and how qualy will work
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    This is copied from the OP for you LB... As with most series you will easily find most details for each series on these opening posts so that everyone can easily find...read and know whats going on.....hope this helps LB
    Qualifying: Qualifying will be a "1 Shot Lap" style, however team's will take it in order to do the laps. So the 3 Bentley's may set a lap, then pull off the circuit, allowing the 3 Peugoets to commence there laps and so on. This allows team Qualifying tactics to come into play.
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    The system has been used before in ROOZ so a few people have experience doing it, and its really not that difficult. Simply don't go until you can see the leader has accelerated. Of course starting toward the back it will be tougher to judge, but anybody in that situation just needs to make sure they don't jump the start or make any huge gains off the start :thumbsup:
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Just don't spin like me!
  11. LITTLEBLACKO942

PSN ID
    So three cars go out do their lap stop somewhere or do 3 cars go when they get halfway around the track the next ones go
  12. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    im keen to drive
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am sure that Beau will inform us of all of the final details if not on here ... in the room during practice
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @LITTLEBLACKO942
    So the Audi's will do there out lap, and then begin there 1 Flying lap, once the Audi's have entered Turn 1 on there flying lap, the Bentley's may exit the pits and begin there outlap. This procedure will go on until eventually all cars have done there laps. Im in the Toyota which is the last car out, so for ill be able to call out to the teams when they can hit the track :)
    I know the Procedure is a little confusing at first, but i think it provides an interesting element between the teams if they wish to use slipstreaming down the long straights :thumbsup:
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That's F#@k&% maintaining a gap on the pack behind me and catching Cagme and LB AAARRRGGGHHHH
  16. LITTLEBLACKO942

PSN ID
    Dont worry i got disconnected
    PD sucks always getting disconnected from lobbys
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Will set table up tommorow for Drivers/Teams standings :)
    Despite low numbers of those finishing, really happy that we had a few people as PD really wasnt playing nice! After seeing how tonight went there will be some minor BOP changes as well as a new Tyre rule. Ik of allot more people wwho are available to race next week so heres hoping its a classic!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry guys, first time for me leaving, but was a little over it. Wife wanted to watch some shows, and after seeing most do 1 lap on mediums there was no hope of catching guys. I thought I'd try to tuck into CAGMs slipstream and hopefully together we could push along, but that didnt work to well lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    After practise i knew one lap on mediums would be the go, however i'm introducing a rule for the remainder of the season to fix this :) Jono also raised the issue and 1 lap on a tyre is kinda pathetic, so i'll keep you updated when i decide on it 110% :thumbsup:
    skywalker likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Good win Beau, the first half of the race was really enjoyable.

Qualifying was a bit of a disaster after getting lag punted into the gravel at the 2nd Lesmo, that ruined my strategy of starting on the mediums, so I ducked out to change strategy.

The first lap was great, going from last to 3rd, it was some great racing. I was amazed how quickly I was catching Beau and TB, and thus began a great scrap. But I couldn't get away, such was the power of the Toyota's KERS unit. Even when Beau made error at Ascari, the gap was still pretty stagnant at around 7 seconds. Until it was my turn to start making mistakes. Beau came in with roughly a 3 second gap in front of me. I stayed out for another lap. I needed to put 96 litres in to make it to the end. Then Beau came into the pits behind me, which was perplexing. I thought he had forgotten to change to mediums, but then I realised he was doing a one lap stint. So i copied him 2 laps later, only to come out 20 seconds behind? WTF happened?!?

I couldn't for the life of me work out how that happened, since we had both made 2 pit stops. The Toyota is by far the least thirsty, but even then it should not have made 16 seconds of difference. I had to drive like an absolute madman to catch up, and I was pushing my luck the whole time. I got the gap down to around 15 seconds quickly but then TB refused to cede position which cost me 3 seconds which I couldn't afford. I got the gap down to 8 seconds, only to be nabbed with a 10 second time penalty for cutting La Roggia. And that was all she wrote.

Good job on the win Beau, it's obvious you had that strategy mapped out from the start, but the two tyre rule needs to go, in my opinion, or at least enforce a set amount of laps required to be on each tyre. It would have been a great race to the end if I knew beforehand what you were up to. I had already selected 96L before you pulled in, otherwise I'd have immediately turned the slider down to 45. GT4 had the option to hit the X button to finish re fuelling, that would have really come in handy.

Needless to say, I think (the first half anyway lol) that race sort of proves why F1 is a dying a painful death as WEC takes over, non stop attack with cars with vastly different strengths and weaknesses is 110% awesome!

Cheers, Jono.
    skywalker likes this.