[COMPLETE] ROOZ AC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Well, Gutted is the only word that comes to mind.
    I was not really sure again in the lead up to the race when I'd heard about other people's times around the A1. I was slightly off, but knew I hadn't had any 100% grip laps under my belt. So, once we hit qualifying I felt a little more confident. put in another PB but came out with a 4th, beside my team-mate Krunch. I had my fuel strategy sorted so would start the race on the heavy side, meaning my best laps would be done heading towards the chequered flag & giving me a better 2nd half fighting potential.
    Got a decent start & was up along side Krucnh. Decided to let him through as to not hold him up too much in the opening lap. s it turned out, I had a VERY fast race setup after a last minute tweak... Rear wing of 3. Krunch saw that I had sped & let me through. rom 3rd I put my head down & caught up to 2nd & got passed after a lap or two, then onto 1st place & did that one either in the hairpin I think or going into T1.
    Once in front I just concentrated on putting in consistent laps & hitting my mark on every corner.
    Looking at the lap times I was super consistent & at one point wsa pumping out PB's every lap, although it truth I was just trying to look after the car & not make mistakes.
    Was thinking about my stop & approaching Darren to lap him when his car just drove straight a head, off the track & disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I thought he'd given up & was on Teamspeak saying "Darrren...?" but no response. The ndrove past pitlane to see all the other cars in the pits. That's when I thought the server had gone down again. I was able to join other TS servers but not ROOZ... then when I came back I was gutted to find everybody still intact.
    GRRRRR... and another "Might've been".
    At least I'm finding decent speed & still improving.
    Grats to victors & those who scored well.
    krunch, Casper, Sun Levi and 2 others like this.
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

Difficult, long race :)

Qualified a slightly disappointing 5th after being unable to string a whole lap together. Knew I had decent pace so just made sure I manage the first lap without damage. Then a realization: overtaking was going to be really difficult, my straight line speed sucked. Got really frustrated sitting in the queue behind @S_CLOSE knowing I could go a lot faster in clear air. After some laps It was my chance to overtake Serge. Sadly I tried to run too close to Serge in an effort to overtake him rearranging his rear wing. Sorry Serge :whistling:

From then on a pattern of good laps followed by silly mistakes. The last few laps drove as hard as I could to stay in front of @Kobus Maree , The gap between us stayed within 1.5 second for a number of laps, was really glad when the white flag appeared :sleep:

Learned a lesson I should have headed many a time before; do not change the setup just before a race!
    krunch, Sun Levi and Anon666 like this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  5. Sun Levi

Sun Levi Rookie

Made this just for fun, should've done it before we started using this car :cool:..

[​IMG]
    Cyber_STIG_77, Pete, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  6. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

always have fun, no matter the outcome, manged to reach 9th position for a few laps dodging those that went off basically, felt like forever, putting myself under pressure watching the real time app to see if i was keeping a good pace or they were catching me, before i spun on the chicane before the last 2 corners, and gave up all my hard work, even Shampwho who DC then came back albeit 3 laps down managed to pass me twice, zamps passed me in not 1 of the greatest spots as i was having a huge job holding my line through that chicane, and slight bump sent both of us off. got my quickest lap near the end some 1m35s but averaged around the 38-40's. also im carrying too much ballast in real life and being a long race, i was getting pooped towards the end. are you sure those results are correct Pete? it shows QC as winner not Zamp
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Interesting race last night. It ended up OK for me considering a silly error early on which put me to the back.

I was happy with qualy. I got my PB by half a 10th and that put me 3rd. Jamie put in a cracker to smash us by half a sec - well done mate!

My start was good and I held position through T1 with a generous Steve Crossland backing out after getting a fair way up the inside. Long race - good call. My setup wasn't the best with a high load of fuel and I wanted to keep my tyres in good condition so I let Steve through early in lap 2 as he was flying. But my caution was to be my undoing. On that same lap I entered the 2nd last corner so slowly that the turn in surprised me, and I went right over the inside curb. That unsettled the fuel laden rear end and a viscious snap back literally threw me off the track to the left and onto the wide run off area. Luckily I didn't take anyone with me and luckily I was nowhere near a wall - just backwards and stopped dead. I watched the whole field pass on by as I headed back onto the track.

Gutted at my mistake I pressed on thinking at least it's early in a long race - a lot can still happen. And it did. I kept steady pace and the car got better. Slowly I reeled in the pack and as incidents happened up ahead I found I was moving up the order. I had a few short battles here and there and pitted mid way through. A few more positions came my way towards the end and I tried to push for a couple more, but I didn't quite have the pace to get to the podium - I was only 2 seconds and 2 cars away though :). So 5th it was and a decent comeback from 2nd last on lap 2.

Congrats to the podium getters and as others have said, bad luck to Steve Crossland for the disconnection which robbed him of certain victory. Sim racing seems to be just as cruel as the real deal.
    KoAStR and Sun Levi like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea watching splits can be your saviour or your undoing!
    Default page it will show is the first session (practice) results. Click on the race results tab (race 2 I guess there was one restart).

Love the team spirit. Turtle Beaaaaach yeahyeiih!:cool:

Download Link please! :)
    David Brister likes this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Thank you for all the wishes guys :) was a tough couple of days,my grandmother was found unconscious and unresponsive and found to have a very severe chest infection but being the fighter she is she has regained consciousness a day later after scaring the poop out of everyone already beating the infection and already complaining that the hospital food is cat food lol :D.

Sounds like a great race was had by both divs and look forward to a great race for the final round :)
    Kobus Maree, nick10, S_CLOSE and 8 others like this.
  10. Casper

Casper Rookie

:thumbsup: great news Tovey
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Glad to hear all is OK Tovey.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good to hear she's on the up and up mate. I know what that's like. Hang tough :thumbsup:
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just became a Dad yesterday! :inlove:

Hopefully I can get some practise in over the weekend and still race Monday night... :whistling: Otherwise you know what's happened to me, have a blast, and goo Team Turtle Beach! :thumbsup:
    krunch, Cherno, Sun Levi and 5 others like this.
  14. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    congratulations koastr :) they tend to sleep a lot in the first few months but after that it becomes a juggling act lol. Hope you are all doing well :)
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Congrats Koaster, sleeping will never be the same but you wouldn't change it for the world. :D
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

Nice work mate! Enjoy every day, it changes all too quickly.
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Pete

Pete Rookie

Congrats kostar
    KoAStR likes this.
  18. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Congratulations Kostar!!!
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Jesus, congrat's man!! We have a whole stack of baby-ROOZ kicking around at the moment. Might have to start a Jr league one day. I'll send you some links to very important parenting bibles:
    [​IMG]
    And, here's a pic from "How to turn your baby into a real bloke"!
    [​IMG]
    krunch, Casper and KoAStR like this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    congratulations mate awesome news all the best to you and your family :D:coffee:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.