GT6 [COMPLETED] FF Fanatics.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Feb 23, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Anyone from Div 5 interested???? Full complement of cars would be great.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I'll be div 5 if you want:p
    t_b_williams likes this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Is it still going to be on a Wednesday?
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'll get involved in this; i'm Div 3.
    Will let you know colour/number later on.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The lupo (div3 car) can only choose colour when you buy it, you can change wheels and wheel colour, and the number is unchangeable too. I went yellow
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yep. Wed 12th.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will add you to the list Flood. Good to have you on board.
    You can 'change' the number. It changes with the colour. Or is that just the mm-R?????
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    might get a practice session up tonight. anyone keen???
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yep that's right.
    Picked green #17
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ah cool.
  11. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Pretty sure we cant change colours on the civic motul but Ill be out in #4
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

As much as I was looking forward to this my Girlfriend hand other plans for my time. so I will be missing out on it this week. So pissed.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    No worries Smithy. Hope those plans end on a high note for you.;)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    All good for tonight,looking forward to it after missing sunday & 3 days in bed. see ya tonight
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer it involves her going away to the Gold Coast for the weekend, which means no interuptions while the F1 is on, also me and Dad might be going to Broncos Vs Cowboys on Friday night, so real High note
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Running a little late boys, room will be up ASAP
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Good fun last night. Thanks for setting this up t_b

The Polo was a good little car.
    While it lacked a little compared to others in a straight line, you could make up for it in the corners. You could just throw it around and it would generally stick.
    It doesn't get off the line like the BRZ does though haha. My qualifying in 2nd counted for nothing as I bogged down and got swamped off the line.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    FF Fanatics Race 1 times Tsukuba

....Driver....................Best Lap
    01. DekGT5mad...............1:04.205--------Div 4
    02. emmo46..................1:04.398--------Div 4
    03. T_B_williams............1:04.429----Div 2
    04. Mustafur................1:04.451--Div 1
    05. Molch...................1:04.569--------Div 4
    06. Floodsim................1:04.593------Div 3
    07. Anon666.................1:04.627--Div 1
    08. smokinscotty............1:04.569----Div 2
    09. Ad2mny..................1:04.703------Div 3

The Div 4 car was the machine to have in this race.

FF Fanatics Race 1 times Tsukuba

....Driver....................Best Lap
    01. Mustafur................1:50.276--Div 1
    02. Anon666.................1:51.061--Div 1
    03. smokinscotty............1:51.197----Div 2
    04. Floodsim................1:51.505------Div 3
    05. Ad2mny..................1:51.704------Div 3
    06. emmo46..................1:51.884--------Div 4
    07. T_B_williams............1:51.886----Div 2
    08. DekGT5mad...............1:52.501--------Div 4
    09. Molch...................1:53.363--------Div 4

The times more or less follow Div order. Demon lap by Mustafur here, the Master of Monaco.

[b/code]
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This was a very entertaining event. I didn't have a lot of confidence that I would do well here. I was mainly concerned that I would be competitive with the other Div 4 guys.
    I qualified 4th with both the other Div 4 runners ahead, Molch on pole and DB in third. Floodsim was the only non div 4 guy to get amongst us by qualifting in 2nd place. The Motul Civic obviously gave us Div 4 guys an advantage.
    I made a good start and moved into 2nd at the first corner but DB got past me and the three Div 4 guys ran nose to tail with the rest of the runners just a little behind. DB made a slight error and let me through to 2nd and then the snarling pack set upon him and Molch and I started to inch away. I could keep up with Molch but couldn't see where I could pass him so concentrated on sticking with him as we drew away from the squabbling pack behind. I didn't want to do a desperate and compromise us both so that the pack could catch us.

About a third through the race Molch ran wide onto the grass entering the back straight and I was able to serenely cruise past into the lead. I then had about a 2 second plus lead and concentra*ted on keeping it tidy and was able to maintain the gap. I noticed that Molch had fallen right back, he definitely deserved better, he was driving well. DB, Flood and Mustafur were now disputing 2nd place and the truggle was playing into my hands as I was able to run cleanly out front. At about lap 13 or so I had a couple of frights as the grip suddenly fell away but luckily I didn't lose too much lead and was able to adjust corner entry speeds to keep the gap consistent to the end for a surprise win.

I Knew the second race at Monaco was going to be a challenge with all these good drivers starting ahead of me as I lined up at the back of the reverse grid. I got a good start but DB in front of me didn't move and I swerved to miss him but just caught his rear corner. It didn't matter too much because I then had a clear track around me as I turned into first corner and as I exited there was mayhem ahead. I managed not to hit everybody and dived to the left to run up along the barrier like a rat along the skirting board. Being on the left allowed me a good line over the top of the hill as we ran in there three wide. The next few laps were chaotic and I don't who I passed or who passed me but once it settled I was in fifth.
    Ad2 was in third with a slight gap to TB, then a similar gap back to me, I had been closer but a wall clout dropped me back a bit. Anon was a similar gap back and he had Flood in close attendance. After a few laps TB started to close on Ad2 and once he caught him and started to probe for a pass, it let me close the gap to both of them. At this time I rather fancied I could get up to third place, I planned to take TB while he was vulnerable caught up behind Ad2 and then pass Ad2 as I seemed to have more pace. Unfortunately the struggle between Ad2 and Tb was so intense that there was just no room to stick my nose in, combined with the ocassional lag twerk from TB meant there was just no way for me to get through.
    TB eventually found a way through and it was my turn to look for a way by Ad2. I didn't have a clear enough advantage anywhere around the track to make a pass stick and my crude attempts slowed us both enough for Anon to close the gap on us. I eventually got a better exit out of the corner before the chicane leading onto the pit straight and Ad2 and I were then in a mirror postion to what Dan Holland and I were in the Econo cup last Friday. Only this time I had the inside line. I didn't want to just slam Ad2 into the barrier like Dan had done to me, so as we approached the chicane I back off a little and tried to keep to the right enough to give Ad2 room. It didn't work as Ad2 still hit the barrier, only glancing, not like the head butt Dan had pushed me into but enough for him to bounce across and hit me, I then hit the pit wall and unfortunately to whole ugly affair slowed us both enough for Anon to forge past like a charging ram (u like that BJ?). Ad2 got going better than I did so there was no need to redress and I set off trying to catch him again. I caught him again and we took up our battle once more. Bouncing off each other and nearly every wall around the track allowed Floodsim to pick his way by both us.
    I finally got by Ad2 when he glanced the wall exiting turn one and I didn't. I was able to get a run on him up the hill and then held position to finish 6th.It had been a thrilling battle from start to finish.
    The points tally put me in second for the night, I'm very pleased with that. A race win and overall 2nd to Mustafur was way more than I was expecting.
    Thanks TB, it was a great night of racing. More please.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    t_b_williams and Ad2mny like this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Good racing even if I didn't do that well. Qualified last for Tsukuba, but couldn't see Mustafur or Molch, so was a bit distracted at first. Scotty fell back behind and I tried my hardest to keep up with tb and Anon, then tb says can I see Molch just ahead and I lost concentration just for a second and left the track. Then the bloody missus rang me and I was gone again. Then she rang me again to apologise for distracting me the first time and off I go again GRRRRRRR.

Cleared the cache for race two at Côte de Azure and it looked like I'd fixed the problem but when the race started still only 7 on track. Scotty and I guess Mustafur (not sure couldn't see) got past pretty quickly and started to pull a gap, but I was pretty happy with my practice pace so just put my head down. 1/3 distance tb started to find some pace and was pulling me back in, until I ran too hot and in 4th into turn 1 and exited at about 80 km/h. Tb scooped up the place and I tried couple of runs at him but couldn't keep up on the hill. Emmo come along at turn 1 and I didn't want to lose another spot so we went in side by side but I squashed him against the wall. Anon and flood(I think) came past us both up the hill then I accidentally blocked emmo again at the back chicane, but this time I let him past. I had a couple of runs at him but eventually he got the better of me and I just run out the laps.

Some great battles even if they weren't for the lead was still fun. Cheers guys for the racing.
    emmo46 likes this.