GT6 [COMPLETED] Full weather/damage series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Aug 25, 2014.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No mate sorry, abs only aid allowed
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Mustafur's profile pic has the answer
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is it a dealbreaker for you if you cant?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @garyw61 will be hosting so be sure to have him on your friends list
  5. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    ill run pink then just for you CAGME haha
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    No it's not a huge thing. I generally prefer TC in this car, but if everyone isn't going to use it then I'll do the same. I guess since it's in the wet it could be seen as an advantage too. All good
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You prefer TC in a 4WD car?
  8. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Looks like I'm being sucked into another event.
    Any room for a div 6 driver with no practice under his belt?
  9. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Sorry guys, parents got up my brother and turned off the net :(
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you to all that were able to turn up for Round 1. Seems like there were mixed emotions.

A few were caught out by the change tire compound rule and others were unlucky to take some damage.

We had plenty of rain in practice but each race the track seemed to dry up. @COME_AND_GET_ME7 has offered to test some other settings during the week so we might see some more drips for round 2.

If anyone thought anything was unfair please let me know. Feedback is important to improve the series.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ahh so that's what happened. Bad luck man.
  12. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Na is all good
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It was bloody brilliant!! The heavy damage makes you so much more cautious. If it weren't for that you'd more than likely see the faster guys at the back of the reverse grids be much more aggressive and get through the pack in a quarter of the time. The wether settings definitely kept you on your toes. Will definitely do some testing in the week to find the best settings i'd say its a matter of increasing whether another 10% to 80 as rain starts/stops somewhere between 60 and 70% wether so if it chooses to decrease its not long before it stops with it starting at 70.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Was some entertaining racing. A like what you've put together here Hatfield.
    I got extremely unlucky in every race. Slightly grabbed the wall in R1 which spat me back into the middle of the track and cleaned up Blindman. Sorry again mate.
    R2 I got a great start and slammed into the back of pat who got a slow start. And I was taken out in both R3 and R4. But after everyone coming into the event with no practice, it was to be expected. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next couple of race nights, depending on my exams and work
  16. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Great series starter - sorry for missing the last race, was past midnight after the 3rd race and i was cream crackered.
    R1&2 were fantastic fun but i threw R3 away on 2lap by tank slapping my way into the the pit wall - took the wind right out my sail.
    Had no real idea what tyres worked in any given situation having had zero practice but for my 2cents worth, i would just prefer a full wet track and longer races! :)
    Cheers guy's
    PS: I may miss the next race set as i have to head south again for work.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good to hear some of you had fun! I think WTF-MAN came last in race 2 before disconnecting also due to not changing compound.

I had a great race 1, qualifying second but with razor false starting I got away and made a gap pitting with a lap to go without incident.

Tsukuba we tried to work out connection issues between tb & myself as we couldn't see/hear each other so we both left and rejoined putting us on the front row. tb was already going to be there so only I was going to drop back off the start.
    After that I tried catching up but made 2 silly spins and so only picked up positions on other bad luck incidents.

Race 3 I got a great start and passed pat by turn 3 but I went off track and had to claw my way through the field to take another win.

Daytona was interesting with the pack racing in full damage.
    Either someone had a moment into Blindman, or it was his own moment but he tagged my back left on lap 4 giving minor damage which I carried until my pitstop. This unfortunately affected my corner speeds and so once leaving the pit I had lost the lead. Managed to get the inside line on cagm on the last lap to take third
  18. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I had a ball ! Don't worry razor all good that sort of stuff happens . I'm liking this series all ready .wrong tyre choice a couple of times but that's all part of the game .well done Hatfield .looking forward to the next round . + I think you should ban testing get a independent to set the room up on race night and race to what is presented .
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well different settings give different results, but the weather is unpredictable in real life too so it somehow works lol
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield