GT6 [Completed] GT6 INDY 500

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by arakasi-, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    arakasi- likes this.
  2. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    After a bit of testing and practice races, we have found there are a few quirks and differences to racing at the speedway compared to a normal road circuit, so have adjusted a few things accordingly. If you guys have any thoughts or questions in regards to anything at all, ask away or throw some ideas at me.

Qualifying :-
    - will be run in practice mode.
    - after a re-set, everyone enters the pit but doesn't go out on track.
    - will leave the pits in the order of the blue boxes (the order the game puts you on the driver list) one at a time.
    -the first driver goes out for their run, then the next driver (No.2 blue box) leaves for their run, as the driver in front crosses the first split timer line (after T2, at the very start of the back strait)
    - as driver No.2 crosses the first split timer line, Blue box driver No.3 leaves for their run,
    - continues through No.4 leaves as No.3 crosses it , continuing through all drivers.
    - When its your run, get on it strait away (no point swerving warming tyres, you need to get your momentum going strait away) put in your flying lap, cross the line , and keep on the gas around turn 1&2 then pull over to the left just after the pit exit and park it , keeping clear of the pit exit road.

If everyone does this, the timing works to perfection that everybody gets a clear, no draft assisted run, without anybody tripping over any other driver, and will only take about 7 mins or so.

-Once the last driver finishes their lap, race starts (so it's not possible to have a qually set up, and race set up)
    -if you have a spin during qually, get off track as quickly as possible and park it on the infield where you are, so as not to affect everyone else.

Race End Timer -
    - will be set at 45 secs.
    - once the leader crosses the finish line, there will be 40 secs left of everybodies race. (about one and a quarter laps)

What we have been finding is if you have the long timer , it becomes chaos for anyone not on the lead lap trying to get past the finished cars in A.I. mode (not ghosting).
    The speed differential is too great, and crashes WOULD happen, which would more than likely affect the finishing order.

By having the short timer, it means everyone finishes the lap they are on (and a little bit more than that) and then the race is over , more like real life anyway, where cars all finish the next time they cross the line.
    On the Finish Order Screen it will have the lapped cars listed as DNF, but will keep everyone in their actual finish order.

This seems a much better option, and closer to real life, than the lapped cars having to play dodgem cars for X amount of laps. Wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Cheers, Scotty
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i MUST do some brands hatch tonite but i will save 60 or 90 mins before bedtime for indy testing. Its hard not to eh!
    arakasi- likes this.
  4. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    @Samsung1998racer
    will send you a Friend Request soon as will probably set it to "Friends Only" room, to keep all the Yanks from coming in when they see 'Indy 500' room name.
    Add others as well if you want, and please accept beore race night please. Thanks mate
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Hey guys just to whoever is running this event i sadly due to a last minute date clash will be unable to run this event. Sorry for it being slightly late i found out just an hour ago. Hopefully the race goes well for you guys
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    No worries Motor, thanks for letting me know.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    arakasi- likes this.
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Sorry I've got a bit of work to get done before Monday and am also working all day at the race track this weekend.
  10. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Admin done :unsure:
    time to race:):thumbsup:
  11. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Emmo, @arakasi- or anyone!! I have got the formula gran tourismo car but it appears it can not be painted. What am I missing here????
  12. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    When you purchase it, it gives you the select colour option, where there is about 20 different colour schemes to choose from.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    you're not gonna believe this, me missus has just booked us a room out of town tomorrow night....still working on a plan:confused:
  14. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    What the hell was she thinking :confused::eek::poop:
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe you can get her to take your girl friend away, that would clear the evening nicely.:thumbsup:
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    you got a spare i can borrow emmo
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Unfortunately no.:(
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Is she going to get Pole?
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You are wicked :sneaky:
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    gonna take all my crap with me and try to run it on the wireless. i'll know well before racetime whether it'll work or not, it can't be worse than at home