PCARS [COMPLETED]Monday Night Ginetta Junior Fun Run Series [PS4]

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Giant slayer, Jul 16, 2015.

1. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Yes good thanks @Killercarlcox69 all I have to do now is put the theory into practice! Your secrets are safe here!
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Ill be in!!! :)

for the next round this monday, is it on PS4 only???
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Any chance we can start this half an hr later again? Got late shift :s
  5. finchy

finchy Rookie

And a little heads up ti anyone interested in f1 2015, its on sale at target for 59
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    For all the new guys, here is the Racing Rules and Regs: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

After watching the forums, and the events in the last few PCARS races, I would like to highlight the following rules in light of the incidents witnessed:

(v) Talking, chatting or having a running commentary whilst a race is taking place is forbidden as it can easily distract the other drivers, mics are to be used sparingly eg.
    a quick 'sorry' after a bump is encouraged

(vi) Aggressive driving, unfair and unsportsmanlike driving is forbidden, all complaints against drivers will be logged and multiple offenders will be banned from the league

(vii) Cutting corners or chicanes not in accordance with the rules is not allowed, this includes all areas of the race track and will be treated as unfair driving

(viii-i) TRACK LIMITS : Track limits are defined as the ripple strips or the white line that defines the edge of the track. Drivers must have at least 2 wheels inside the ripple strip or white line at all times. Any driver who INTENTIONALLY or "CONTINUALLY" runs outside these boundaries to gain an advantage will be penalized. Any penalties handed down will be the result of "conclusive" proof of any breech of the rules.

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.

(x) If you wish to leave the race the drive in question must not 'exit' the race. They are expected to find a portion of the racetrack which will not impede other drivers, park their car their and simply press the 'start' button and wait for the race to end

(xi) Drivers that fail to observe the race rules will be assessed and if need be displined by the division captain or admin team

These are in no particular order, nor are they directed at anyone in particular.

We just want to make sure everyone who is participating in ROOZ sanctioned events are aware of the rules that the founding members spent so long working out so we could have this awesome community and it's reputation for clean racing.

See you guys on the track :thumbsup:
    SuiCid3, Killercarlcox69 and Ad2mny like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just to add to that, Killercarlcox69 and Noxrai will be hosting public chat rooms in Project Cars lobbies to help the new guys out understanding the official line on chat and regs. These lobbies will be opened on Wednesday nights, so just send them a psn message for an invite. It would be great if all the new guys could make an appearance to get up to speed.

Thank you.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No Regret #24
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@Giant slayer since one person has pulled out because he can't commit does that mean that I can slot in?
  10. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Tell us the time son
  11. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I get back to you tonight
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry around 8 and 9 pm on Wednesday. Just check to see if they are online.
    Giant slayer likes this.
  13. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    So I spent several hours today tweaking FFB, and car tunes, and probably a good 70 laps of Brands indy (50 of with a mate from over at ISRtv). I can manage consistent 57s but nothing like the 54s I seen today anyway.

Quick question on the lobbies, can you join a friend's server without an invite?, I couldn't figure out how to join the guys tonight, and it was telling me there were no parties to join.
  14. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    @Clevohead yes you usually can if you are in their party. Just press your ps button, either look for players in party or current online players. Click on someones name who's lobby you want to join. The next screen will show a number of options such as send message, delete friend etc. You want to click on their "current game" they are playing wich will obviously be Project CARS. An option will then pop up to join current session.

Just remember only practice sessions and the start of qualy sessions can be joined. The last 2min of qualy and the race everyone is locked out from joining.

Hope i explained it ok. I'm away from the ps4 atm so just going off memory. If still having problems let me know and I'll post screenshots on the process.

Or just get someone already currently in the practice or qualy session to send you an invite
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Tonights race will be interesting for me.... hate brands hatch turn 1 no matter what game its on
    Jim_aka_The_Man and SuiCid3 like this.
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I used to hate that turn too. Now i love it. Feels so good when you nail it.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Having done so many races at Brands, I still don't know when to turn in or what markers to use! :roflmao:

In the PS friends menu, there's a tab that has friends in sessions.
    Are you able to join from there? Has anyone tried?
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I couldn't work it out o_O
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I worked out a fairly good line in ginetta junior which you can use consistently. As you are coming up to the corner, aim your car at the "big tv" and squeez the brakes slightly before the white line that crosses the road. Hope that helps.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Works a treat mate my pace is getting better the more I practice
    Noxrai likes this.