GT6 [COMPLETED] Nascar series 3 ?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 13, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Don't be to hard on yourself Scotty...allgood mate.
    As frustrating as that was getting smashed by scotty's car it actually made the turning left for 90mins quite entertaining.
    Could not stop laughing (that was the beer)..took a little while for everyone to figure out not to follow him too closely...there would be this massive puff of smoke and suddenly someone was gone!
    Boost obvious helped everyone get back into the race.
    I was also looking good on the last lap - enough fuel,good tyres - just did not figure on Emmo suddenly dropping off the pace and i made
    the fatal mistake of trying to squeeze thru on the inside of the banking but touched the flat road below which sent the car into a spin.
    Thanks Stu...enjoyable series!
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry Joe, it took me while to figure out why I suddenly had no power, I should have got off the racing line sooner and I didn't see you coming.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I saw a few guys touch the yellow line at the bottom on the turn at full speed and then start pirouetting... Stu and Bj did it right in front of me (different laps), I did the NASCAR thing... Shut eyes and plow on through the smoke... It didn't work...lol

I think I copped 3 or 4 lag hits before I started avoiding Scotty's draft...lol
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I made sure I kept clear of the inside line and I was coasting behind the pack and could see what was happening with scotty, I did end up hitting Closey and someone else as they spun in front of me after they had been lag punched, I lost count of the number of hits I saw Closey get, sometimes he was knocked about 20 feet in the air!!!. I got one small hit early, a direct front on hit and only knocked about 50K off my speed with out spinning me. Later on Scotty and I were together battling for the lead so I just cruised along behind him, unfortunately he was holding me up a little and I had to bite the bullet and try to pass. That resulted in a hit as we passed the pit entrance that stopped me from 300 kmh to zero in a bout 2 feet???. Luckily I caught up to the pack again quickly with the boost. As we entered the last lap I had the challenge of pushing to the finish while keeping away from scotty and also avoiding one of Colin's shoulder charges :eek:. unfortunately I didn't get to see how it would pan out.:(
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah Emmo, it definitely added a bit more excitement to the race, but even with the dozen lag punts I received, what really killed my race was the odd tyre physics after pitting, just odd, would only chew up my right rear but leave all other tyres alone. With 6 or 7 laps to go was well in front battling with stumbles for the win and had all tyres on 7 and the right rear on 2, Stumbles and I just lost the car in the same turn an had to pit again.
    I reckon the league season will have to start without any tyre wear set, to avoid the glitch until it gets fixed.
    All in all, had great fun, the track was much more challenging than in GT5.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    We're working on things Serge. It would be nice if PD fixes it pretty soon though...
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I noticed the tyre wear problem in practice and had adjusted my plan around it. I pitted lap 98 and only had 12 laps to the end so had plenty of tyre left for the finish but no fuel DOH. Warrior was on about the same strategy and had plenty of tyre left at the end.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    well done scotty on the win, there's nothing to worry about since is was a bit Sunday night fun before our regular season starts. The best place to be would be infront of you as I was bump drafted to 350 KPH.

I had plenty of fuel left at the finish and I don't think your have to take a risk on fuel strategy as It's much faster to fuel your car in GT6, you can fill 30 odd Litres of fuel when the tyres are done compared to GT5 which was 12.
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Apologies for not making it,i had no internet between 6pm & 6am,all weekend due to local exchange upgrades preparing for the NBN:mad:Would've been nice to be told,but my provider just apologised,citing that Telstra doesn't even tell them! Go Telstra,arrogant flaming Idiots that still treat ppl like they're the only company available.No Wonder their share price is still sh*t:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries Dek....How was Husky?

Nascar ladders updated.

Well done to warrior for the championship win, with anon and stig13 rounding off the podium.

In the teams championship well doe to Warrior and Evilmoon for their win. Anon / stumbles and Mustafur / Midron18 finished off the podium.

I had an eventful race, took about 10 aps for my heart rate to come down after being kicked just before the start......God the network gives me the :):):):)s sometimes !

I had a huge spin on about lap 8 or 9, then was out of sinc with the pit stops, but knew i should be ok with the boost.

In my second stint i let my RR get down to 1, had a spin into the pits, got a drive through, then had to baby it round again so i didnt swap ends !

Rest is a bit of a donought blur to be honest, till i was leading with 4 to go, and the pack chased me down super fast. Last 2 laps was a great scrap with Col, scotty and warrior just mis-timing my run to the line.

Good win scotty, take em while you can ;) and col, great run mate for 4th.

Well done everyone, and thanks for your support of another NASCAR series !

Will look to perhaps do another mid year, and we can run the motegi bull ring as well. perhaps a 5 race, oval only series.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    soundes good with the ovals mate
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great work Stu, however it pains me to say there are a couple of small errors, much as I like the way the ladders look I actually finished 10th at Daytona on Sunday after running out of fuel, Stumbles came from a lap behind and also ran out fuel but had enough momentum to roll past me and beat me to the line by just over 2 seconds.
    So 10 points for me and 11 for Stumbles puts T_B, Ad2, Stumbles and I equal on 80 points. A count back would move all of them up one place and put me down to 12th.
    Also I like where the world renowned Team Amigos (Ad2 and I) sits in the team ladder but in fact there was a miscount in the R4 results that had us 10 points above our combined outright points. Removing those ten points along with the one point individual reduction for me gives us a total team tally of 160. That drops us from a handsome 4th to a miserable 7th and moves the current 5th thru 7th up a place each. Sorry Ad.
    I only realised this as I was gloating to myself for our team beating Closey, It was then I realised that both Closey and Gary finished ahead of both Ad2 and me in the individual championship and therefore should have been ahead as a team. I then checked the tables and found the error. I was very tempted to just shut up but I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    S_CLOSE and stucar17 like this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Count me in, I want another crack at this to try and raise my self esteem, I made a cockup of every race.:(
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Emmo....will adjust in the next few days. Maths was never my strong point, thats why i hit tennis balls !
    S_CLOSE and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who does the scoring at tennis??
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    that i can manage ok !