GT6 [Completed] No Practice Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Awww emmo...please come back. There are 2 dropped races. Let me know about it in PM if you want.

The idea behind heavy damage, is that you are supposed to be more careful. So you don't come first...who cares, have some fun doing some proper driving.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer nah it was all by myself, was thinking about it to much coming into the corner and ended up doing it anyway, gets me all the time for such a simple corner
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I also thought that having heavy damage on would mean some care would be taken and I was being very careful not to bump other cars, in the first race I had qualified 5th and was happy with that. By half way through the first lap I had been pushed into the wall at the top of the first sweeper and then turned around into the barrier in the esses. I gathered myself up and pressed on with the damage but it wasn't much fun. In the second race I survived the first lap but got hit in the side on the way into the right hander before the first tunnel and pushed head on into the barrier. I was just lucky (or everyone else was) that nobody else ploughed into me. This time I had to pit and spent the rest of the race just enjoying the car and track by myself.
    The third race was a waste of time for me because I don't know the track and although I thought I had turned the driving line on, when the race started it was not there. I expected drama and I got it. I wasn't surprised by it this time as I really was in everybody's way and contact was inevitable.
    it appears that my careful approach just makes me a pain in the ass and people are desperate to pass and don't mind pushing me out of the way. I don't enjoy that and the best way to avoid it is to not be in the way in the first place.
    it is a shame really because I was looking forward to this series thinking it would be one where you had to drive like it was real and give each other room and respect each others lines. I really liked the first two choices of car and track and the third choice was excellent too except I don't have a clue about the lines and braking points.
    You have plenty of drivers interested in the series and I shouldn't be missed.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I hope you don't think my poor results is what is turning me off, I have run at the back of many races and expect to in the future, it is the manner in which I ended up at the back of the field that I'm not happy about.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well at the very least I hope to see you in my next series (whatever it may be)
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking forward to something similar to the Suzuki events, good clean racing.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I am hoping that wasn't me at all???? I am always fair with my racing.. I can't stand getting pushed around, and unfair racing... bumber to bumber is good fun, but when it comes to push and shove it gets under my skin there is a line.. I noticed a few that where too aggressive by div 1 guys aswell... that's where i copped my damage in race two... :|

Sorry to hear mate - I think those who were too aggressive should be given a drive through and you come back racing :)

besides that tho, its a fantastic series i think... makes you think twice before the over take...
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do you have a copy of the replay? check it out if you do.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Alright I will have a look. Is it just the first 2 races you had an issue with someone?
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hey @Soove9 I saw you enter the room after we were done, you still interested in racing next tuesday?
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, but I'm not looking for penalties to be handed out, that would just sour the whole thing for everybody and wouldn't improve things for me anyway. I just hope the guys settle down for you next week.
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Not really mate. They won't learn other wise... It's always on-going thing. Something needs to be done I think, other wise the person just wont change their driving style or they will think twice before smashing into you...

I'm not into demolition derby... I'm into motor racing that's fair for all drivers.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    After all your comments I was very confused because it was actually you that slammed me into the wall, so I went back and revisited the scene of the crime and although it was you, I rewound a bit and can see now you were actually blameless as you had received a nudge that put you out of control on the grass and that is why you rammed into me so hard. I apologise for the dark thoughts I have been having and even the guy that sent you off track only did so because he bounced into you from the kerb he had been squeezed onto. A racing incident after all.
    I'm still not pleased with what is just plain bad luck that keeps putting me to the back of the field early in these events and am getting very frustrated, I just want to race, not limp around in a broken car that got broken by somebody else.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Hence why I said something and saying I hope it wasn't me, I was getting pushed around so much in that second race :( and that's why I was having a rant over the mic! lol :\

Sorry mate, but like I said I don't do Demolition Derby.. I race clean, that's just how I am.. No need for apologies mate, I was pretty grump after that second race.. But hey we where in boat in the same boat and went for a ride from someone else being greedy!!! Chin up, I hope to see you next week so we can battle them together! :)
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well this is awkward.....I forgot about this series..... well, i'll be here for round 2..... but still.... oops
  16. Soove9

Soove9 New Recruit

Hey, yup i'd be keen to join and have a go, i think my internet was playing up that night so I didnt make it till the end lol. Ah well. =P
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hope to see a full grid tonight!!
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    sorry @Hatfield I will not be able to attend tonight and will probably miss the rest of this series as well :(
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh well :( keep an eye out on the community events as once I come back from holiday in January, I will probably run more Tuesday night series.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I will be about tonight hat was looking forward to this one but the minister for war and finance had other ideas to me being on the PS last tuesday