GT6 [Completed] No Practice Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Nov 12, 2014.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    What time?
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Sorry guys, if I had have known I was going to be driving special tonight, I would have stayed away!!!

I ran into emmo on the qualifier lap which was my fault for not leaving enough room and then in the race I was touching everyone in all the wrong places :oops:......then my internet decided to make myself and Hatfield invisible for the next race and by the sounds of it, turn my Lexus into a brick wall for TB :unsure:........and to top it off, I kicked my steering wheel power cord out and when I went to try and put it back in my ps3 power cord made a zap noise and turned off :devilish:

Time to call it a night, me thinks :laugh: Be back next week for sure, cheers :)
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    WHAT
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Race 1:
    [​IMG]

Race 2:
    [​IMG]

Race 3:
    [​IMG]
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks for the results @garyw61
    My internet dropped out in the middle of the third race.

Great turn out though, really good numbers.

Thanks all for coming. See you at the final round next week!
  6. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    DAFUQ!?! Are you jealous that you didn't get any love taps!?! Next race we are in, I will spread the love :inlove::whistling:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What a fantastic concept, I had a blast!

Qualifying was a complete disaster, a spin at the left right flick near the end put me down to 10th, where I thought a podium would be a miracle result.

Got a great start, and threaded the needle to make up positions on the outside of turn 1, plus a few more incidents put me up to 4th. I couldn't catch Razor, but I was hoping CAGM would hold him up a bit. Once CAGM's disaster unfolded, it was procession to the finish.

Trial Mountain was an odd race. Thank god damage was only on light. I've been critical of that Lexus in particular with it's rather dreary handling. Another good start got me into the midfield, but a body blow from eventual race winner Razor spun me out of contention. I could've saved it, but the grass was too close. I felt I couldn't attack at all on these fast wearing, low grip tyres, so I felt fortunate to be able to hold off Rotor at the end for 4th.

A podium at Fuji seemed unlikely, but somehow, through a combo of luck and good breaking at the start, I was able to grab 3rd. The GTR driven here is by far one of the worst handling cars I've ever driven on this game, and methinks either they coded the handling incorrectly, or the stock suspension settings are completely wrong. The handling and brakes are atrocious! But nevertheless, a large gap appeared on the run to turn 4, and in what seemed a parting of the sea, I made around 4 or 5 places in one corner! Following CAGM's mishaps on the final lap, a 3rd place was a nice surprise.

Great series Hatfield, can't wait for next week!
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Aww man...
    Tuesday isn't a regularly racing night so I completely forgot about this :(
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @garyw61 who got Fastest lap in race 3?
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Razor did... I got FL on 1 & 2
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had a thought...this series seems to have been my most popular in sheer number of drivers signing/turning up.
    But there are more Division 1 guys than any other it seems (which isn't a bad thing). The only issue is that the lower guys don't really have much of a fighting chance for the championship. Sure we can do well in the odd race here and there which is great.

The thought was that for a future series I stagger the tire compound per 2 divisions ie
    div 1 & 2 - hards
    3 & 4 - meds
    5 & 6 - softs

I won't do it for the final round, but maybe for the next series...
    Anyway, that won't be until next year probably as I am going away, until early January. Will still be available for tables if anyone needs ;)
    Soove9, SuiCid3 and t_b_williams like this.
  13. Soove9

Soove9 New Recruit

That's a great idea, bringing the field closer for more bumper to bumper action. It was great racing, esp the Vets on London Rev, that was pretty epic putting such a big car on a tiny track... :D
  14. Alfa5252

Alfa5252 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Alfa5252
    Hey guys, im interested in doing this series, is it too late to sign up?
    Alfa5252
    seth123 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No problem. Final round is Tuesday 9/12
    Alfa5252 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hope to see you guys tonight. Lately my internet has been playing up (even after a new router). So if I can't get on reliably I will PM @garyw61 the random picks
  17. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hey @Hatfield , do you mind if I join tonight, obviously if there is space in the grid due to no shows?
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    You can take my spot if you like Serge. Not sure if I will be kicking on after the cricket or not
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No Problem!
    oh damn :( Can anyone else host?
  20. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I am happy to host