GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    at 1.10am monday morning
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    This man understands priorities. :thumbsup:
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Would people chuck a wobbly if i said i wanted.to change to the new lexus?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it doesn't look like it's available in the OP
    Also, I think your teams car has already been selected
    ;)
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I figure I'll be at least one lap, probably two or three laps behind the winner. Having missing laps counted as + 13 seconds a lap added to my qually lap on top of my completed laps seems a very heavy penalty. I suspect most people are going to be lapped.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suggest a fairer and more representive solution would be to base their uncompleted laps on their last lap time. Perhaps their last lap time plus a second a lap
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Theres only 6 in our room for tonight with maybe grassies joining as a privateer. Just run the race as a really long test seasion. Over a minute a lap. Doubt you will get lapped unless something goes horribly wrong.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Even if I am only one second a lap off the pace it puts me 90 seconds behind at the end of 90 laps. That is nearly a lap and a half. With div 1 drivers in the feild tonight I will most definitely be lapped at least once, probably more.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Same goes for tomorrow night.
    May I ask what lap times people are hitting to gauge my own pace?
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Keep in mind that this is a championship, not a single race. The BOP handicap/penalty system is designed to bring equality over the course of the season. We picked a car that was comfortable knowing that it's not quick in round one. LLCR aren't expecting great results in this race keeping in mind that we will have a better overall package for round 2.

I appreciate the feedback, and we'll see how it plays out over the season. It wasn't loosely thrown together. This system is a culmination of feedback and experience from sim-racing leagues around the world and simulated spreadsheet data to bring an overall balance that rewards team work and consistency, not just whatever team has Beau in it to drive around as fast as he can.

120% of the qualy time is fair. It's data that you can calculate for in the race to know where you need to be. If someone bins it on their last lap, suffers engine damage and does a 3min lap, finishes 7 laps down and their team goes from first to dead last, :):):):) will hit the fan.

If you feel you're going to be that far down anyway, take advantage of the opportunity to minimise the damage, quali on RSS, pit at the end of lap one and just run your race as per normal. You'll save yourself around 4sec per lap down. Be creative with strategy. This isn't a sprint race.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am hoping to qualify ataround 1:06 to 1: 07 on R S
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does the game allow us to see what everyone's qually lap was?
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

The only laps turned were last night. Not fast but pretty consistent. As for div1 drivers. Im at the bottom of that pile. Our car sucks for mez on controller and bryan has been away for a week. I did see a lap of yours last week and it was more then competitive @emmo46. Its a long time to be sitting in a chair
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    screenshot will be required from probably 2 drivers... one near front and one near back
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yup. Timing Monitor in Spectate. At the end of the session host leaves track, goes into spectate and screenshots Timing Monitor. As long as nobody cancels their entry all cars will be displayed along with their best time.

I think I should add that anybody cancelling their entry between qualifying and the formation race can only be doing so to swap tyres. So be aware that if you're cancelling and rejoining between sessions without explanation you're going to be investigated. It's advised that you start qualifying on the tyre you intend to qualify on. Pits are open to put on fresh rubber. If you pit for different tyres and qualify on a slower tyre than you started the session on, let the host know at the end of the session because they'll need to perform a manual grid edit. Don't just jump out to swap them. If you jump out unannounced and rejoin the game will put you to the back of the grid.
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    There would be no need to cancel entry to swap tyres as it can be done from the quick settings menu.
    Mezign likes this.
  17. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Is this a recent update change or a room specific rule that restricts? When tested months ago we had to cancel the entry after completing a flying lap to change tyres in quick menu.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I swear I do this all the time. Jump off track, swap tyres then straight back out again. No cancelling my race entry.
  19. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yep. I just tested it and you're right. When I had originally tested the process I'm sure it locked the compound once I had set a time. Either a glitch or random error that has been addressed since - possibly around the same time as the tyre wear pause menu exploit getting patched.

Either way, it's a trust based system. If you're a shady knt and try to get away with switching compounds between sessions you're most likely going to get caught. I've seen Beau's benchmarks. Nobody is pulling 1:05s on Hards. :roflmao:
  20. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    Can I race tonight please mez ..love u long time