GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

2 dollar .................
  2. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Not able to race tonight. Internet dropping out.
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Team 40 AMG, replacing @LITTLEBLACKO942 :thumbsup:
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Sorry @Mezign dogs tripped the power to the house and ps4/internet dropped out
    Mezign likes this.
  7. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    ROOM PROCEDURE FOR RACE
    We had a few people unsure of what was going on last night (despite it being written up here in multiple locations), so here's a detailed run through for everyone so you all understand what's going on (and why).

( @Matthyus if you need me tonight I can jump in party chat and session just to run you through until race start. Room isn't full so I wont be restricting anyones slot.)

Host: Set room to Fastest First & 1 Lap Race

Qualifying: 8:00pm AEDT - 25min
    Qualifying is open. You may pit for tyres as often as required, or to change compounds. Leaving the track to tweak setup is also allowed. This is a long race and qualifying is only really a formality to ensure we have a grid order and times to reference for lapped data.

Host: Once all drivers have completed their final lap, take note of grid order (screenshot for reference if required), mainly your own position. Leave track and enter Spectate > Live Timing. Take a screenshot with all drivers best lap (rightmost column) noting tyre compounds to confirm before race start.

Formation Lap: 8:25pm - 1 Lap Race
    Assuming "Fastest First" was selected and the grid order is correct, remain in formation and complete the lap. DO NOT OVERTAKE. Any driver who does not have control of their car (autodrive/grid stuck) reset console and return to session.

Host: Set room to Last Race Results and 90 Lap Race. Check everyone is on correct starting compound. If not sure double-tap Share button on controller to record video at the end of quali and we can review footage for tyre compound when leaving pits and if time improved.

Race: 90 Laps (rolling start - 35m between)
    Provided GT maintains last results data grid should be correct. If not, manual grid edit. Drivers returning from console reset start from rear of grid to ensure if stuck again race isn't interrupted. Second restart at discretion of host if required. Long race, your call.

Host: Screenshot post-race results (while cars still on track). This tells us the laps down count. Really only need the lapped cars info from this screen. Once back at room lobby screenshot race results to get total finishing times. Need all driver data here, so likely two screenshots.

--

That's it. We had a great race last night with the top three cars all on different tyres and strategies, two different makes, all swapping for the lead until the half way point. Full damage, no ghosting. Anything can happen and everyone will likely make a mistake and inflict damage on themselves. Don't give up at your first mistake. Damage doesn't take a long time to repair. Most important thing is to finish regardless of how far down you are.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Since I was kindly Volunteered to host (Thanks @AroGantz :p), can everyone please check their friends listing and befriend me to be able to join the lobby tonight.
    As always, It's RACE DAY!!
    Noremac and Hatfield like this.
  9. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Hi Mez just checking that you have to start on the tyre you set your fastest lap in qualy ????but you can use all componds if you want????
    Mezign likes this.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    That's it. Compounds completely open. Can stagger for Quali and race start too. As long as you start on the tyre/s you set your fastest time on you're good.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My wheel has conked out not even 5 laps into practicing, so I’m out sadly.
    Big shame as I had a lot of confidence in the car.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah i won't be there either, internet working now though :/
  13. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Nbn dodgy as atm. Pretty close to having to bail tonight :(
  14. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    lol. @Knuckles @Bryan_F we might win by default if everyone fails to finish a third driver. This McLaren is going to be a dog for R2 :unsure:
    Knuckles likes this.
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That was a good race until the 2nd last lap when I sustained my first damage to the front of the car, then Dynamite made sure the back of the car matched.......twice and I saw my 12 second gap to @Tristan Jones disappear to have us fighting in the last few corners, I think we both tried to halfheartedly tried to redress on that left hander when we both should have just kept running and let the stewards deal with it at that point of the race.
    Tristan Jones, Mezign and Ozglenn like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    surprised but ecstatic to take home the win in the Sunday room.

@Ozglenn took pole by about a second but once we got started it was very even until I made a slight error letting @Noremac & @Motors560 pass me... I had another moment as they passed and tapped noremac giving us both minor damage (sorry)

I ran with the damage on the RSS until lap 10 where I put on the RS tyres and commenced 12 lap stints.
    There were a variety of strategies happening and I was battling with the clock watching splits to oz and motors until finally after pitting from the lead, I came out just ahead of motors and defended into T2 to keep the lead from that point on.

I had a couple more little moments but nothing major and took the flag by about 5secs to motors after 1hr 40ish mins
    emmo46 and Ozglenn like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol as suggested prior to race start, you might want to look at the possibility of changing it to 2 driver scoring since so many people can have things popup or stop them from finishing (ie real life, hardware failure, dsc etc)
    Ozglenn and REVO_Bryan like this.
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well glad that race is over with. Our strategy was 4 stops on hards, hoping the less pit stops would do us well. Found out about lap10 that wasn't going to work. I swapped to softs then SS after about 20 laps. But my lack of experience with no TCS showed. Crashed god knows how many times. Even ended up with engine dmg twice. Had at least 5 in a row spins on that hairpin even without power. Guess I'll just have to bite a bullet and learn to race without TCS.
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Am I the only one that managed 2 stops on the hard compound?
    Mezign likes this.
  20. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    What a Great race well done to Hat and Motors so happy I got third with a super soft tyre strategy pitting every 10 laps or so until I brushed the wall and had to pit early then make up the extra laps on that tyre run....and not one SPIN !!!! Waho
    I just want to THANK all the guys in the race there was a lot of racing room given and no blocking that was the best race I have been in AWSESOME :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.