GT6 [Completed] Raceonoz Nurburgring 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by warrior2167, Apr 8, 2015.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    We had the same issue, we tried to pit and it just gave us a drive through, cost us a couple spots, we could have gained
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    You guys were definitely quicker sorry I kept crashing into you guys but theres nowhere to go when theres a spin.
    Ad2mny and pykeybraa145 like this.
  3. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Last lap was epic who was I racing. I have never pushed that hard all race really wanted to beat you guys
    SPL Racing likes this.
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    [​IMG]
    14th SickSkillz011 - 60th minute ( 8:55.802 )
    15th CAGM - 51st minute ( 8:37.224 )
    16th MINT_GTR - 9th minute

[​IMG]

What a fantastic race that was, there had to have been over 20 lead changes. The whole race myself and WTF were separated by less than 10 seconds. Like I said, I really had to find something in that last half hour if I was was going to win, WTF had so much speed. The Audi was an absolute hanfull in the slower corners, if I lent on the front I would instantly spin, so managing the weight transfer with ABS off was a so so hard, but somehow I was hold onto it and ultimately force WTF to push harder than he should which caused his spin on lap 20. cheers guys for an awesome race and badluck to Mint.

Next Event will be at Spa, around July 25th.
    Ad2mny, seth123, skywalker and 2 others like this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Apologies for pulling out after just 6 laps but after not being able to put in the amount of time required to learn such a long and demanding track saw me doing 720's every 2nd corner and there was no enjoyment whatsoever so thought i'd pull the pin early rather than soldier on till 2am by which time i'm sure my wheel would have no longer be in working order.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Killer was in the car for the last stint, our strategy was great we pitted at the end of laps 5,10 and 16 and got home on fumes without having to do a splash and dash. I thought we may have gone to 22 laps and put just enough fuel in on the final stop just in case.
  7. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Pitted on lap 16 and strategic was fill to the brim so I could run to the toilet, worked perfectly
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Myself @razor4797 were pretty gutted to lose a guaranteed 4th place after wrestling that boat around for 3 hours, our spirits were dampened severely as we watch several cars pass us as we dropped to 9th.

I was amazed to qualify 5th despite a huge spin out of Brünnchen, I couldn't believe I had done a 32 despite pointing in the wrong direction! I got a good start to get up to 3rd, the car felt great in the GP section but I couldn't find a way past Beau. Unfortunately Mint passed me into Aremburg and we were down to 4th. It became clear that the car simply wasn't quick enough as we were losing a guaranteed 2 tenths per sector, even more in the high speed sections. I was having to pull all of my reserves just to keep up!

After the first stop, things settled down swiftly. Razor gave it his all, but was really struggling. The transition from wheel to cockpit was rather unique. The race went on and on, as the gap grew to over 3 minutes to the top 2. Beau/Connor were still way too far ahead, so all we could do was trundle to the end. I'd hoped that the race would end a lap early, but it did not so I was forced to pit for fuel. But we couldn't put fuel in... Why?!? We'd never seen this happen before... I thought it was a glitch, and as the gap back to TB was well over a minute, I turned around to have another go, but to no avail...

Even if the GT-R was faster than the other cars, we wouldn't have had a chance as it was the hardest on its tyres and was using 90L every 5 laps... I couldn't believe it when I saw Warrior and WTFMAN were doing 6 laps! Well done to you both, you guys were on another level! Really looking forward to the next one, hopefully the damage in the championship isn't too bad as 4th would have allowed me to maintain 2nd in the championship.
    Ad2mny and warrior2167 like this.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep mustafur realised it was going to be 22l because of the top guys pace, so we added fuel to cover it. Aside from over fuel for mus. 2nd stint we got the fuel bang on. Very unexpected result, we were gaining on guys ahead after half way point , but damage to our race was already done from too many big offs in our first stints. Mus. Struggled with my wheel only managing to match his standing start no practice time from home lol. Anyway we both quite enjoyed it and hopefully we'll be back at it again in spa.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    What a race that was!
    Disappointed with my Qualifying lap, should of been able to get a 22 but a mistake through the Schumacher S put that to bed fairly early, and had to deal with a 28. Not too bad though having to adjust to a new wheel. :cry:
    Got a great launch and was hastling Warrior for most of the first lap until a mistake by Warrior put us into the lead :oops: However the Audi and the BMW of WTFwas incredibly strong and no matter how hard i tried, they were always going to come out in front. For the remainder me and Connor were just focused on holding onto third overall, and 1st of the driver pairings. He did an awesome job to bring the car around every lap and minimising mistakes, so top job to him!
    Looking forward to the next and final round at Spa! Well done to the top 2, crazy pace and incredible consistancy! Both deserve the win for the effort! Also well done to the other 10 race finishers, wasn't an easy race, and you all made it through the green hell and live to tell the tale! :rolleyes:
    Ad2mny, warrior2167 and SPL Racing like this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I had a ball battling with you guys and TB for the first 5 laps but I cracked under the pressure and let you both slip away.
    skywalker likes this.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah was good fun, first race I have done with someone and it was much better then I thought, had no real consistency until the 2nd stint as the Belt driven wheel was a very big difference from my G27, by my last stint though i was basically flat out everylap and pace was much better, our Fuel strategy though was basically perfect in the last stint as we ran right on the limit and got all the people who didn't plan on the 22 lap race which we knew was inevitable.

I think the GTR was at a big disadvantage though as it was the heaviest car with the most power so it was always going to be the worst on Tyres and Fuel, we tried to aim for a 3 stopper but it wasn't possible with our wear rate so 4 stopper was a must.
    Ad2mny, warrior2167 and skywalker like this.
  13. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I thought the gtr would have been more competitive since bathurst and nurburgring very similar in nature. Mint and Jono finished 1 - 2 and then the gtr won the next day in the 12 hour. However at the nurburgring 24 hour the gtr just doesn't seem to have the speed of the other gt3 cars, with the BMW looking the strongest. Currently FL in the 24H is 8:18 while the GTR is on a 8:29. Now is all this just coincidende or some sort of form guide.
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Audi leads BMW too... Been close all race... :cautious:
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    im not to great with spa, but cant wait
  16. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Oh boy. Got to pykeys by about 6:30ish and was able to coach pykey around a couple of laps and get myself a good half-3/4 hr practice on the t300 before the qualy started. Pykey was not real confident and despite my relatively poor practice laps we decided I would qualify and run the first stint. The qualifying lap was going great, no traffic, no mistakes. We started catching someone as we got to Brünchen and I stupidly started thinking too far ahead about how I'd try getting past and at pflanzgarten I ran wide ruining my lap. I had to wait for 3 cars to pass before rejoining and was in a dismal 13th or 14th position I think. The race started well, and we made up a few spots off the mark only to lose a couple again into turn 1-2. The race started to spread out and we were both saying race won't be won on the first lap but it can definitely be lost. Coming along Quiddlebacher-Höhe happy to be still in the action but just cruising till the tyres come to temp, we come over the crest at Flugplatz and cars were everywhere. There was tyre smoke and cars across the track everywhere. I let the car run wide onto the grass but one of the SLS's pinned us into the barrier as we bounced along the grass and we both watched with dismay as the speed dropped and dropped and we just couldn't get the SLS off our side. Finally we got through but the lead pack was gone. For the rest of the race we had short little dices with JasonD and fastboys car would appear occasionally but we were mainly doing 8:40's - 8:50's so we weren't really as competitive as we'd hoped. The car didn't feel right after the first big crash, and I struggled all race to get the car to behave consistently as I wanted it to. We found the fronts were wearing quickly, and as soon as they hit 8's the GTR was a pig to turn in, which was midway through lap 3. We did 4 lap stints, and switched drivers every pit. Pykey got progressively better at a track he himself admitted he had not much experience at or knowledge of, and by the end he had just missed my best lap of 1:37.xxx set on lap 3 by 6/10ths of a second. Too many offs and not enough consistency.

4 pluses from the night in order of greatness-

Catching up with pykey and his mum
    Participating in this epic race with a mate
    Getting to try a t300 (definitely getting one now)
    Teaching pykey the Nord so now he'll know where to go in the LFA

Awesome event again warrior. Bad luck to the dsc's. Well done to the podium and those who did the whole 3hrs by yourself (nutter's!). Bring on Spa!
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    The T300 is awesome hey, we used Killer's new T300 wheel with G27 pedals so much more feel through the wheel. The SLS was great on tyres and fuel and we could easily run 6 lap stints. Thanks to @t_b_williams for fine tuning it for us it was a weapon and very well balanced.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Much more feel and feedback than the dfgt and dare I say it the G27. Pykey is using his g27 pedals too and they seem better attached to the t300 than they did on the g27. I'm impressed.
  19. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  20. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    How did i get points? Didnt even race