GT6 [Completed] ROOZ Local Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Oct 2, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great track and race tonight, I really enjoyed most of the race, especially the early battles.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations Jono and well done to Bob as well, a very close run thing. Interestingly the second placed driver set the FL each week. I'm going to console myself by stating I set the best last lap time.
    B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well done @N64TheStig007 on the championship & @B-Spec Bob on your amazing pace.
    Pretty happy with 3 podiums against your class.
    B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Great series @Hatfield and congrats to @N64TheStig007 on the overall win. It's too bad about the frame rate lags as those custom tracks were both fun and challenging to master in the AMG bricks.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn I've got to stop showering before I race in the summer, I sweat too much!

I made a big mistake in the s bend section of the lap so I was glad I still salvaged a front row start, otherwise Bob would have been hard to catch. You had great pace tonight and you're getting faster and faster every week which is awesome to see.

I got the start I wanted and pulled away lap by lap, but couldn't quite shake off Bob, but it was clear we were much, much quicker than the rest of the field as we left a huge margin to the trailing pack. It reminded me of the battle me and Razor had in the Impreza at Monza before he went off into the gravel. Unfortunately my design was my enemy as I got caught out by the notorious double left hander, and lost 10 seconds overall to Bob. I had the pace in the first half but I'd lose it all in that last section. I figured because we were equal points Bob would surely mirror my strategy to maintain position, so I decided to once again pit early after I got the gap down to 6 seconds. But Bob didn't pit until a few laps later, which was enough to turn the tide.

I just tried to maintain the gap to the end, he was gaining on me but then for some reason tapered off at the end, were you low on fuel? It was a relief to take the win, I hope we get a sequel to this as running these around local areas is a great concept and needs to be further utilised. Hopefully an update will curb some of the lag issues in course maker but I'm not holding my breath.
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Congrats to Jono and Bob, you two were in a different league. It felt as if you were running Merc engines and the rest were running Honda engines! :laugh:

I've also noticed that the game has issues with time sync between players; cars seem to jerk back and forth, making it risky to get in the draft.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    No I had a little more fuel than you at the end, just didn't have the confidence to push on worn tyres because I slid off the side of the track a few times while trying. Couldn't quite find a consistent pace to catch you despite having fresher tyres so dunno how you do it :alien: Also when @v8power383 rejoined the track at turn 1, it felt as if the track became dirty because my tyres lit up as I was straightening out of the turn o_O but we both lost around 3s that lap which evened things out.