GT6 [COMPLETED] ROOZ VS ANZGT Team event #2 -Its our turn!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 29, 2014.

?

What type of car?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2014.
  1. GT300 'S

35.7%
  2. GT500'S

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Street cars -Please add a response

50.0%
  4. Other -Please add your response

14.3%
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    so Kenty and 3 others that where going to race are doing GT3 races as the race is on, time wasn't the problem.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    They don't like sport tyre racing....to them it's not fun.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

You were lagging pretty bad n64 that's what took me out behind you on front straight. Left eventually after second lag punt, dropped back afew times to make it more racing practice but didn't work lol
  4. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    In my limited experience.... The best guys to race against are all here anyhow.
    stucar17 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    "Gee, thanks a f**cking lot, you twat!" I yell to my sister after she starts to watch a movie on youtube, causing me to disconnect from what had been a tremendous personal performance.

Anyway, after the farce that was ANZGT's pathetic performances with their egos, I started 5th behind tb, Zamps, Cyber and fast. I started well once again, gaining places to be behind fast in 2nd. I begin reeling him in, and he makes an error at the Schumacher S, gifting me the lead. It was a fight between me and Zamps for the lead. Zamps must have spun at the final corner, as suddenly warrior was behind me, 3.5 seconds back.

I expected him to catch me immediately, but he was only taking tiny bits out of my lead, which was very satisfying. I began to think I could actually hold him off...

Then all hell broke loose. I have a rule in my household. If I'm having a ROOZ race, DO NOT :):):):)ING DISTURB ME. With about 8 laps to go (from memory), I get barged in and get asked some BS about school and the TV gets blocked, causing me to miss my braking point at turn 3. My 2.9 second lead was now down to mere tenths. After a lap or few of trying to hold off warrior and get my sister out of my room, ("I'm only trying to hold of the fastest guy in my league, do you mind?"), my frustrated self runs wide at the final corner, and I can only look in despair as what would have been an awesome victory turned into an orange block on my screen...

I still was able to keep up with warrior, but I knew only a rare mistake would allow me to pass. About a lap later, I notice blue dots flying all over the map screen, and huge amounts of smoke and dust piling from warrior's car. I'm yelling: "Get the hell off youtube, there's only a few laps to bloody go!" But it was not to be. At the first hairpin, boom! Disconnected.

While I'm imagining ways to kill someone, I must say thanks to warrior for the awesome duel, my defensive moves were akin to the ROC unfortunately! :p It made a disappointing night of ANZGT sooks much better. It was great to go head to head with you again.

But seriously guys, I'm beginning to question the whole point of this concept. I put aside plans of mine with friends tonight just in the hope of kicking their arses again, only for them to cry about random BS was massively infuriating, even if in the chat it didn't seem like it.

Now, where was that hit man's phone number...

Cheers, Jono.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oh crap, I'm sorry man. Hey by any chance, do you know how to PERMANENTLY disable Wi-Fi on ones iPhone?
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Lol change the password to something else and don't let it save somehow on the phone
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hmmm... I've got to find out the password... Or I could just disable it XD
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    that will do the trick anon.
  11. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    What were they complaining about??
    Results??
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    some modems let you set priority on the inputs eg line 1 hight, line two low, wifi very low etc.
    and about you duel with warrior, hate to burst your bubble but i think he was playing with you mate lol. after you left he slowed down to let me catch him a few times then walked away. and i was running high 7's to low 8's most laps.
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    kenty said the start was to late ( they asked for a later time )
    kenty said that road cars on sports tyres aren't fun and we should have made it fun
    they kept trying to get the race started earlier even though i said TB was on his way but hadn't got into the room yet
    most of the complaints came from kenty ( he is a goose) the rest of them seem ok, come get me left at about 8:45 and said it was too late for a kiwi but we hadn't even reached the agreed start time.
    overall it was a bit of a joke from the get go, so we just ran 18 laps with the assumption that we re-run next week but TBH i don't really care if we race them again or not. they have a few good lads ( mainly the ones who stayed ) but like everythink it only takes a few tools to wreck it for everyone.
    results
    warrior
    cyber
    skunky
    fastboy
    hosie
    TB
    hezza
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    what modem are you using N64?
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    So who is this Kenty guy? is he one of their mods on their FB page?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The ones that were there are fine, come get me had already decided apparently that he would do the race on sports hards and drift the race.
    I had almost imagined this happening (not to that extent) as there was already a lot of whinging in their room before when I joined to practice with them.
    The thing that got me was the"make it fun next time". Their challenge hardly epitomised fun especially with dumb tyre glitch ruining half the race.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Clevohead like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Some crappy Telstra modem, I've mentioned it in the lag thread I think.
  18. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Firstly, thanks Carn for setting this up - the concept is great but finding a team that can stick at it is the limiting factor.
    I've done a couple of races with the anzgt lads outside of this event and they are mainly good fella's but their races are
    very chaotic and drivers just come and go as they please (no real structure).
    Maybe we are just spoilt here at ROOZ because it is so well structured.
    Stumbles and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Well judging by their facebook post it looks like this has gone down the gurgler then?
    Not sure how there can be complaints about the race time when its been posted for over 1 week and this was something they wanted as well??
    Other than that what was the big issue? the rules have been posted for some time if they didnt like the concept then the drivers who werent keen didnt have to race..
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah the main thing carn was the problem they had with the car itself, as I said before CAGM7 was going to pretty much make a mockery of the race and do it on sports hards and drift around atthe back.
    It was a pretty rich comment as with all due respect, when the car is equal we were much faster than them.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.