GT6 [COMPLETED] ROOZ VS ANZGT TEAM EVENT

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Agreed, the GTR is by far my favourite, although I was faster in the Supra, I found it inconsistent.
    X4rotorsploxX likes this.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    having a testing room up now, if i find anything ill share my info.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and carn_the_pies like this.
  3. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    EDIT: I'm losing faith in everything after seeing some of the ANZGT guys post 2:03's in the NSX
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Can I confirm gtr as per first post?
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'm guessing your not going to be happy after tonights races either....that transformer dude was quick in that NSX (would it be rude to ask for his tune this early into the relationship?)
    Fun night..is everybody going to run GTR's?
  6. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    I dunno how he does it. It took me ages to set up the 08 Epson NSX (Same as base model) in Gran turismo 5. And all the LOGICAL changes I make to suspension and diff in GT6 seem to not help. Really am struggling with tuning in GT6 with race cars. Road cars are great however o_O (EDIT: Oh I meant 2:03s in post above lol not 2:09)

Quickest I got with the GTR was a 2:04.160. If I could figure out a magical way of removing the understeer it could go quicker.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Is there any way to get warrior in lol? As far as they're concerned he's the only guy to match optimus going off their Facebook page.
    Looks like they'll have their fastest out there
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    If it was unmodified we would be looking good, but set up wise this is dreadful lol.
    It is definitely the setup thats making the huge difference, optimus had massive corner corner speeds i couldn't mange in the GTR due to under steer and the speed was more as well, and the car definitely looked glued.

Im going to stay with the NSX ill find a way to make it work.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    When I was watching the NSX, it's advantage is how it enters the corners half sliding. It over steers into the turns and gets better exits cause it is pointing the right way before the apex. Controlling that slide will be where the times are at.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    did some testing just now, found how to remove the twitchyness from the NSX and corners in a drifting style like how optimus was doing and still being controllable, too tired to practice enough to complete a full clean lap but tomorrow should be promising.
  11. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    I did notice that a lot Ad's. I'll get on this morning and see if I can find something.

EDIT: Found something that works with the NSX, need to check with Musta see if he did the same thing or something else.

Managed low 2:04's but I have massive oversteer in low speed corners. If I can get that sorted then I will easily be in 2:03's.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I'll be available on the night if needed. With the new physics I gotta learn how to set up the car again, but we've got 10 days so I'll see what I can come up with.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    ill be on later today, slow speed stuff is still quite unstable for me too, but high rear positive toe helps that.
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Kenty said its only 2 cars per team intiallly, ill double check that.. It would be a good idea to test all cars if you can so if theres drivers that cant stand certain cars the team can work it out..
  15. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    In the NSX, with the high rpm turbo dialled back to 750hp and stock settings I got down to a 1:06 but more consistent :09s
    Seemed like with the mods I was doing to it, I couldn't get it faster, but have found a few setup tips online, and will try them out this arvo.
    Seeing the guys doing 2:03s last night, Im well out of contention with this so far! Happy to be a substitute, and help out in testing where I can.
    Seeyas online this arvo.
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Attending a bloody wedding today aaaarrrg
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Remember there is 1 compound change compulsory as well..
  18. WAC

PSN ID
    yeah about that?...not quite sure about the ruling.
    I can use RS to start...then i have to change to RH?..then the final stint i can go back to RS?
  19. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Any compound you like Joe, then you can go back to RS on your second if you like.. How many laps are the softs getting?
  20. WAC

PSN ID
    i got 12laps into them and they still had plenty of grip...i'm guessing the long straights around spa are giving them time to cool down?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.