GT6 [COMPLETED] ROOZ VS ANZGT TEAM EVENT

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be reserve for this edition and will only run if you need me to make up the eight. Let me know what car you need me in. I originally chose the Lexus because I thought it would be the least popular, Looks like the NSX is the unwanted child now and if you want I can run that, I don't mind a little bit of oversteer as I can tune that better to suit my style.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    First page is updated with the current cars and drivers ..just need 2 more confirmations for the NSX
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'd just like to point out that the colour we are using (if you haven't seen it) isn't actually chrome, it's metallic but for some reason it's called Chrome Orange. Next thing you'll see is that white is now black. PDlogic/10
  4. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

I'll stay in the NSX
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Interesting turn of events tonight.
    Was racing in a room full of them (think they were doing some sort of club qualifing?)
    Seems ANZGT have raised the weight for all cars to 1150kg?
    Has slowed my lap times but still handles pretty good so i'm still happy.
    Rotor was opening afew of the other drivers eyes with his lap times - nice
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I think you will find it is a manufacturer name, not PD, I was a spray painter for 8 years, and the colour names don't mean crap other than for selling cars, it is the code you find on your id plate in the engine bay that defines the car's colour.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Hahah good. I was surprised about the 50Kg increase. I added the 50KG to the rear and still managed that 02.3 in the few laps I was there. Still struggling with understeer and I get lots of controllable wheelspin, even in 4th gear. (Diff feels very open centre but if I increase anything it understeers more)
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Best I could manage in the NSX was a 2.09.6xx. I don't think that is a very competitive time. I keep tightening the diff and softening the back but it just reaches a point in the revs (low down) where it just seems to unlock the diff and it just lets go. Very frustrating.
  10. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Havent been notified of any increase to weight? We agreed to keep it the same
  11. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Hi Ad
    Are u driving the second NSX? If so I'll give you my set up. Still needs. Tuning
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Leeboys link to a tuning forum was a real help - Cheers mate! - was starting to get pissed off trying to tune the damn thing.
    Finally took the Lexus into the 2,02's - yah!
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  13. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    In there lobby last night it was set at 1150 and they said that's what it was. But this morning they put on their Facebook page that it's back to 1100 Carn.
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That would be handy but I'm not sure I will have enough pace.
  15. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Feeling a lot more confident after tonights test and tune, still days behind most people but don't feel like I'll be playing in the sand all night anymore :D
    Cheers to monstar for tuning help and everyone for helping with lines.
  16. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

I don't feel like I was much help as I lost my set up from last night. 1 second slower after tonight so im going backwards. Gona have to start all over agian which I'm not looking forward too.
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Best of luck boys
    They are keen to shift the time back a little for the next race so that might help getting a few others available
  18. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Well done to ROOZ for a pretty dominant display
    Jono posted the results on the facebook page but rotor and Zamps took 1st and 3rd and I think we got 6 out of the top 8.

Next race is our boys, 2 weeks time and I think we should make the start closer to 9pm AEDT to allow others more oppurtunity to race, but maybe shorten it so the NZ guys can still race like Joe.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Quite glad we won, I spent probably 700km's in that GTR in Spa since the event was announced.

Qualifying was easier then it had been in practice sessions as ANZGT were running with edge grip on low which enabled me to mash the throttle in spots I never could lol. Did 3 laps and was quite satisfied with my time.

Race was quite stress free for the majority. Got away into the first corner alright, thought I was gonna get hit by someone but they ghosted, and then from there it was quite fine. I had one 3 second short cut penalty for running wide out of Eau Rouge which I wasn't expecting to receive. Did 16 laps on the first stint, pitted, added about 40L and went again. Pitted on lap 25 added the rest of my fuel and changed tyres BUT forgot to change compound. Was very frustrated. Went around and came back in to pit again on lap 26, and to my disgust, realised I had not purchased mediums so I had to put hards on. Hards sucked balls so much in the front end. Anyways carried on and then on lap 27 I lost it round blanchimont and probably lost another 15 seconds in all of that. Sooo if I had changed the compound first time around I would've been another pit stop ahead and probably never had spun on lap 27 lol. Really just wanted to destroy the ANZGT boys :p
    WAC and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I was going to do a News report on it but it appears my replay is corrupted... FFS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.