GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 11-17 Throwback World Domination

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 29, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah no worries man, pole position it for you then! lol
    TDZdave likes this.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hey guy's. I'm not sure what is happening but I still can't see why my cars say they have been tuned and it won't let me on track?
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    rims or front aero kits? increased wheel size?
    reset all settings pages to default?
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    stock standard.....reset every god damn thing. Same as last week.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That's insane @Joeninety, reminds me if what I had to deal with back in S13.

Rim size doesn't affect tuning, so It's extremely odd.
    TDZdave likes this.
  6. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Haha Sweet!
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    buying a new car usually fixes it for me Joe. Have come across that glitch a few times.
    WAC likes this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I don't reckon I will make the last race in the bronze room. Found out this morning we are going to a BBQ tonight so I don't reckon I will be back in time. The one race I did do was a blast but unfortunately family stuff and internet issues were my downfall for the remaining races. Thanks for organizing @N64TheStig007
    JonoStan96 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  9. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Sorry mate, the clamp on my G27 s*it itself and snapped clean in half so have to take it back to the shop (just got it on Christmas day) to get a new one so won't be racing tonight :(
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Me and Jono may be a touch late to the Gold room due to a league finishing a few minutes before race start. Also @Kieran_B33 may be in the same boat for Bronze :)
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Hey guys, unfortunately the missus has organised dinner plans for us this evening. So I will not be able to make it. Very disappointed, was looking forward to this one a lot. Thanks for organising the event N64, everyone who has been in this series I'm sure has loved it.
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Rotor are you hosting?
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

That's over 30 laps of practice down the bloody drain. Absolutely furious.

It was nice of the silvers to join us, cheers fellas.

Starting in 11th, I managed to get the absolute perfect start, and I was already up into 3rd before turn 3 with not an alien in sight. But since I'm forbidden from receiving any good luck, I'm immediately lag punted deep into the gravel, don't know who by, but it was enough to put me in 12th.

Afterwards came a huge fightback in which I was pushing the car too hard, as I couldn't handle the tyres being so worn on lap 3, despite coming within 2 seconds of the lead.

Some really silly mistakes set in, and I was passed by Rotor and Dan. Rotor lost it at Bergwerk, and I got caught up in it. I realised there and then I wasn't going to finish any higher than 5th. The impending thunderstorm was playing havoc on my connection, as cars were teleporting all over the place, so I hope I didn't cause anyone trouble. That made it hard to concentrate, which resulted in even more silly mistakes.

The storm finally bit and after yet another spin, the whole network implodes on me.

To say I'm disappointed is a masterpiece of understatement. I was a long shot for the title, but it hurts to throw it away like that regardless.

I'm even more disappointed in the lack of numbers. Like I said previously, this was a series that had a large amount of effort put in, and many heads were scratched. Week 1 was a huge success, but it fell of the cliff. I still enjoyed it thoroughly, but it felt like it had so much more to give. To those who attended, thank you so much for taking part, and experienced the old ROOZ relics that we put 1000's of Km's on back in the day. I hope you enjoyed your little slice of retro ROOZ.

I think I'll have a few drinks after that one.

Cheers, Jono.
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

DC'd here too, spewing!
    Had 6th locked down after some early mistakes & rough trade as the Goldies filed past, which I suspect was more due to lag and my rubbish (Optus cable!) connection.

Was starting to chase down TB_Williams when the connection went down, with 1 stop to go. Grrrr.. . .
    Thanks for organising Jono, was (mostly) good fun.
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    On a happier note, well done to the Gold Champion, Mint! Well done man!
    TDZdave likes this.
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Cheers for running the Show jono!!
    As for the race it went so much better than i had hoped. After some unfortunate lag issues by one driver which ive got on camera which looks hilarious afterwards, i actually got myself into the lead and stayed there for quite a while until Mint got around me and decided he needed to get to space even faster and hit the afterburner :/ I was then left in second for a while before holland came and then ran off, then caught me and went off again, i knew something was clearly up with his car :/ Tough luck to you mate :/ Then until Dan's eventual retirement it was just trying to stay with R0T0R and Dan to the end, at the final lap i decided i may try to hunt rotor down for his final podium spot but sadly went off and with Dan retiring i was able to cruise to a hard fought podium, even if i wasnt truly deserving as others ran into issues. Thanks a heap Jono for running it, and congrats to the race and championship winners :)
  17. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey. A really fun race. Took half an hour to get used to the weird idiosyncrasies of this combination. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared and my gas pedal started sticking under braking. Frustrating at times but was on target for a 2nd placing until I botched it at t4 on lap 11, a miserable failure. Great pace from mint at the front plus some great battles with rotor and Albert. I tboned the pit wall on my 2nd pit stop losing 10 secs haha
  18. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    Hi all, i was a last minute room host and we ended up with a few issues where not everyone was able to see each other. Finally started race with no one able to see crimj. Many complaints of lack of grip/ bad feeling car etc, x-gregory33-x disco'd half way through lap 1, stiffsht on lap4. don't know anything about crimj as he was not in my replay and he left the room before the end of the race. finish positions were
    chrystalmt 1.34.41.450 with a f/l of 8.20.556
    mmm_homebrew 1.35.03.210 with a f/l of 8.20.275
    cagme7 1.35.26.788 with a f/l of 8.20.357
    v8 1.35.28.205 with a f/l of 8.21.271
    foot_long dnf with a f/l of 8.28.275
    i would assume because cagme is not in our div third place would go to v8 and 4th to foot.
    just like to say thanks to jono for organising this great series even though i suck at most of the cars/tracks it was still lots of fun with all the guys.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S_CLOSE 8:38.143
    N64TheStig007 8:05.175
    natmanscoop 8:14.621

Car was not set up properly. The incorrect brake bias I could almost drive around but TCS hurt real bad. Couldn't slide the car when needed, and could feel it being held back out of the bumpier corners. That's what happens when you don't properly practice. Brand new car.

Huge punt early lap 1 from natmanscoop had me looking straight at the sky, then when the nose came back down I saw that I'd given Jono a nudge off the road too. The car just had no pace, and try as I might the power just wasn't there out the turns. I stuck it out though cause I just cream at every turn on this track and hoped for a miracle that never came. Some silly mistakes from pushing way too hard. Frustration from the get go realising TCS was on. Oh well.

Watching the gold guys cutting laps makes me want to throw some more laps down see how close I could have got. I reckon a 10 would have been possible and I'm gonna try. Just not now I'm knackered. 11 laps was just the right amount I reckon.

Well done Mint, Seth and I'll save kudos for the bronze champ.

Cheers guys.
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Thanks Jono for running another great series, regardless of the numbers, it's always good fun :)

I am shattered after that one. The gold room was always going to be a cracker race with a class field, add in a late entry of Dan and silver gents and well it didn't disappoint. The start was insane, cars going off left and right thanks to a teleporting Natman :( my heart in mouth moment came when I caught up to natman later in the lap and luckily escaped with a slight off excursion. Once it all settled down, I enjoyed a great battle with rotor for the rest of the opening lap, making the pass on the long straight. Then the hunt was on for beau and to know surprise, beau was flying out front. i pushed as hard as I could with Jono also in hot pursuit behind me, it soon became a cracker 3 horse fight for the lead over the next 2 laps. I managed to get the pass done on beau on a very difficult lap 3 and then over the next couple of stints, kept my eyes forward and increased my lead. I almost threw it all away on lap 9 with a wake up call spin, quickly refocused and was stoked to grab the win in a very tough race.

Thanks beau, Jono and rotor for some great battles. Feel for Jono, always a contender for the win when we go to the green hell and also Dan, pedal failures are always difficult but well done on hanging in there as long as you did.

Congrats to both silver and bronze championship winners and all gold drivers on a hard fought series :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015